Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

Snow Queen table

dreamgoddess
13 years ago

Here is the table I was working on when I had the unfortunate experience with the styrofoam. This is one table I am so glad to be finished with!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dining with the Snow Queen

Comments (11)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Hi Dream, I left a comment on your blog. Loved the story and the beautiful centerpiece you did for this table. Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Lovely table Dream -
    Your Snow Queen centerpiece is just beautiful and
    I loved the enchanting story about her.
    Where did you find her? She makes quite a statement and the table you set in 'her honor'...fits her perfectly!

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Dream, your table is very pretty...but that centerpiece is just breathtaking!

Your Snow Queen is absolutely gorgeous, please tell us about her!

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Dream, I left a comment on your blog too. This one is outstanding.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Dream, Your table is truly lovely.
    The Snow Queen is heavenly.
    Wonderful story.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Oooooooo! Ahhhhhhhhhh! This table is stunning, may be the best snow table yet. You did a great job with the centerpiece and the cake plate could'nt be more perfect. I love those napkins too. And on top of all that, a poem to boot.
    Frou

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

just stunning - you get the feeling of a 'snow princess' but not a cold feeling - it is so beautifully done .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

NICE.....Beautiful job putting this story and table together.
    The SQ is gorgeous and I love the way you placed her
    and decorated around her. Your candles are all
    so pretty glowing around the table.

Wonderful table to get me started today.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Is that the probmatic styrofoam snowflake that SQ is on? With all those jagged icicles??? Wow! Quite STUNNING! But your poem & jagged icicles did make me shiver! (altho is so beautiful...it was like she was in captivity) Your t'scape is GORGEOUS...I love those jeweled snowflakes peeking out under the chargers... enjoyed it all! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Beautiful table. Your Snow Queen is gorgeous.
    I'm so glad you were able to get past the "meltdown!"
    Also glad she turned out to have a gentle heart instead of an ice cold heart.

TFS,
    Candy

• dreamgoddess
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody for the kind words!

Yep, this is the infamous styrofoam episode! I ended up getting another piece of styrofoam and I spread glue all over it, then sprinkled snow on it. No way was I going to try painting it again! The icicles are stuck in the styrofoam and the SQ is standing on top of it. After I got everything put together, I spread more snow around the styrofoam base.

The figurine was made by Home Interior and is actually called "Snowflake". She's part of a series called Four Seasons. I found it in a consignment shop a couple of years ago and just fell in love with it.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions