Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Dylan's 'New' chair

christmascandy
12 years ago

I painted a rocking chair for Dylan's big brother a couple of years ago. I found almost the exact same style chair at a thrift store, so this one is for baby Dylan.

The chair was just plain lacquered wood before, but I forgot to take a photo until it was in progress.

The chair under the Christmas tree waiting for its new owner.

A close up of the back:

And with baby Dylan in the dress that used to belong to my doll...

I guess I didn't take any pictures of Cody's chair, so don't have a comparison for the 2 chairs.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Cute chair! And cute baby sitting in it......

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Beyond adorable, both Dylan and the chair. What a fabulous thing for her to have.

And YOU have a real live baby doll to dress up....lucky lady!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Dylan really is a doll baby.
    She is gorgeous!!
    You did a wonderful job on that chair, Candy.
    I like that you painted her name on it.
    What a lucky little girl she is!! God bless her.
    Nana

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

oh how sweet and what a cute little chair also :) .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, priceless!!! Dylan is adorable & so tiny in her new chair...& very Christmas-y in your doll's dress! Love it! candy, you did a super, duper paint job on that chair! Wow! Way to recycle! Love it...an heirloom! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

You did an amazing job!! And Dylan looks too cute in it! What a great thing for her to have from you....TFS!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I absolutely love the newly painted chair! You did a wonderful job on it! The "doll baby" in it is even cuter than your other dollbaby! And that little dress looks really sweet on her as well. Can tell you are a very proud Grandma. ;o) Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, beautiful rocker you painted for Dylan. Love it that you personalized it for her. She's darling posing in her new rocker. Your smile in this shot is great!

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy...what can I say other than WOW!
    You are toooo amazing for words with your creativity.
    I love how you transformed that little chair. The color combination and adding her name is just so precious.

By the look on her face wearing the little 'Doll Dress'...she's enjoying every minute of it.
    She will love it for many years to come as a wonderful keepsake... made for her by her loving GrandMa!!

jane

• party_music50
    12 years ago

It is a fantastic chair and you did a beautiful job painting it. Dylan is SO CUTE!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody! Yes, I am a very proud Grandma!! I love to make things for the DGK's that I hope will be somthing they have for a long time.

I was thrilled to find that rocker as the only difference between it and the one I painted for her brother is the piece of crescent wood at the bottom of the back spindles. Other than that, it is the exact same chair. The DGK's all have something that I have painted for them.
    This is a dresser that I have shared before that I painted for Dylan's cousin, my oldest DGD. I also painted the wall mural.

Dylan has been such a sweet baby. She is so good and fortunately, did NOT have colic as did her big brother! That was a long 3 mon. until he outgrew it, : (

Thanks again for all the sweet comments. You are all the best cheerleading squad around!

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions