Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Purple and Blue Kings Day table

christmascandy
11 years ago

I set a table for Kings Day using the same purple and blue color scheme as the rest of the decor in the sunroom.

The purple metallic placemats were on clearance after Halloween for .40 ea!

i used my galaxy plates as the stars seemed an appropriate choice for the Kings.

The 3 kings were a TS find a few yrs ago and still in their orig. box and cellophane wrapping.

The star scatter on the table is from Lillian Vernon via a TS and they are gold glitter metal stars in 3 different sizes.

I also used my purple goblets and gold flatware.

Happy New Year,
Candy

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, you found everything that you needed for this table and it's wonderful. Love the 3 Kings.
    They look like a great set with their jewels and also tea light holders. The purple placemats are
    so pretty and were a steal. Your galaxy plates, gold flatware and gold glitter stars, oh and purple
    goblets are so pretty together.

I still remember your other blue and purple 3 Kings table with the camels. One of my favorites
    of yours. Those colors really wowed me.LOL I always think I'm going to keep my DM's 3 Kings
    out after Christmas for a table, but never do.

I'm so glad I jumped on here tonight. I still have posts from around Chirstmas I haven't seen yet
    but hope to check them out in my spare time.haha

Punk

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

This is beautiful, candy! That royal blue w/the gold is always such a 'royal' combo ... & the 3 Kings certainly fit that description! What a find...they are wonderful!

Your galaxy plates & bowls are perfect ...made for this table! Love the scattered metal stars...great find! And the purple glitz just makes it all some so much more 'royal-er' (is that a word?) ... gold flatware ...wish I had some! Lovely, lovely t'scape! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

So beautiful, Candy.
    The blue tablecloth is the perfect backdrop for this regal table.
    The Galaxy plates, gold chargers and purple place mats are the crowning touch.
    The gold scatters and purple goblets are perfect accents.
    I'm sure the Kings will be honored to dine at this wonderful table. I know I would be.
    Nana

• party_music50
    11 years ago

It's a beautiful table and I wish that I would be better at doing this kind of thing. I also wish that I could stumble onto some of the great-price 'finds' you happen upon for table settings!

I did have very good success at the local SA-Ltd recently, and although none of it was tableware, I snagged some cute vases and decorative items for .29 - .49 each. :)

• patty_cakes
    11 years ago

What a beautiful table! I only 'get fancy' for the different holidays.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks ladies. The sunroom is all decorated in purple and blue and the theme out there is the Magi, but these 3 happen to hang out in the dining room as I think they are too pretty to hide in the sunroom. We don't heat the sunroom in the winter, so it is only used when we have a party and open the sliding door from the kitchen and use the stove out there then.

PM, looking forward to seeing your finds.

Thanks again,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Candy you know you're calling my name with Purple and Blue. What's not to like! I think your 3 Kings are right in the top 10 of your best ever finds! And you have many amazing finds, definitely the Queen of Thrifting. That is probably the ONLY reason I'm glad you don't live in my town. LOL

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz
More Discussions