Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Snowlady 's Dancing On The Table Tonight

phonegirl
12 years ago

I started putting away some of my snowmen last weekend. But decided to save my old fiber optic snow lady to use as a table cp. She is quite pretty lit up but I couldn't capture it with my wonderful photography skills.LOL Oh well will share this ts anywho.

I found the pinecone candle holders at JoAnn's after Christmas this year for $2 ea. Added some faux snow in the candle holders and a few more cinnamon pinecones.

I had already dug out my Valentine decor and redecortated my buffet so you'll get a glimpse of it in the back ground. I put this little snowie in the top drawer to help camouflage it.

Did you notice my $1 store cardinals so many of you have? So glad they still had these when I made it down there. Thanks again, You Enablers!

Notice little snowie on the floor beside the buffet? Not really the look I was hoping for so he'll be heading to the tote!haha

We are in for more snow the next few days so I'll get to play with more of my snowie dishes. After all the Christmas decor it's funny to only have 2 totes for Valentines Day. I'm thinking that's enough tho. Since it's been a year since I've taken my snow dishes out it's like Christmas all over again.HA

Punk

Comments (11)

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a fun table! I love the little snowman coasters(?)
    The red and green snowflake plates are perfect with the placemats. Is there a center design on the middle plates?

The repetition of the frosty trees in the stemware and the CP is a nice touch. Your pretty red flatware is similar to the cream handled set that Kathe and I both got last year.

Good thing Karen isn't close to you or your cardinals might end up MIA, LOL.

This is a perfect table for the season. I really enjoy having some decor left out after the Christmas is put away. It doesn't seem like the house is so bleak. I think you did a super job with your snow lady table.

I can never capture the fiber-optics lit up either, or the right exposure for the Christmas lights when they are lit up!

This table ALMOST makes me want to sing "Let It Snow." Operative word...almost. HA HA

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

No...No...Candy - No More - 'Let It Snow'...
    ONLY on our tables !! LOL

Punk - I agree that this is such a fun table with so many cute goodies to look at! I spotted your 'Snowie Person' in the background (a real cutie) right away...clever you - hiding your Valentine decor...lol
    Love the little snowman coasters too and the little snow babies are darling.
    Your Snowlady makes a perfect CP, and she looks so pleased with herself as the 'center of attention'. It's hard taking pictures and trying to capturing the lights at the right moment.
    I like the way you arranged ea placesetting with the placemats, snowflake and checked plates along with the colorful napkins. Those stems are pretty too - have you used them before?
    Glad you got a chance to use your Snow Dishes before you have to put them away again. I'll be looking forward to your Valentine decor coming up next!
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy, the center plate is just another red one like the other two w/snowflakes. The set also has dark blue plates that match. The red flatware is Cambridge. I just got this set for Christmas.

Jane, I feel bad I don't remember who gave me the set of coasters but now I can show them I used them if they ask.LOL I have used my stems before. I think I got them at Ross.

If Candy sings, 'Let It Snow'. Is that like doing a rain dance?Scary!!! I think it is going to happen any how so sing to your hearts content Candy.LOL It would be nice to get rid of some of this before being dumped on again.Dang

Thanks for lookin' and always enjoy reading your sweet comments.

Punk

• party_music50
    12 years ago

Looks great, Punk, and I too noticed those snowman coasters! lol!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

What a sweet table, Punk
    So cheerful on these dreary winter days we've been having.
    Everything goes so well together the little cardinals and snow babies are perfect. I love the little coaster.
    Would you mind sending that stemware to me?
    Your Snow Lady is the star of the show!!!
    If Candy sings 'Let it Snow' Then I'll have to sing 'Rain Rain go Away' LOL
    TFS
    nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Boy, you also found the perfect napkins to go w/the 2 top plates in your placesettings! So cute! Must say I love those fleece(?) coasters, too...way cute!

And the stemware is so pretty w/the pine tree etchings! Love 'em! Your fiber optic snowman is adorable...yes, about impossible to photograph those lights! Cute anyway! And all your greenery, pine cones & candlelight!...makes it a cozy 'snowy' Winter t'scape! Love the beautiful lacey t'cloth underneath it all, too!

I'm glad you're using more of your dishes for all of us in Jan! "Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow (remember, candy started it!) LOL1 Jeanne S

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Party Music.

Nana, I would send you my stems but I like them too. Not quite ready to give them up! I didn't see any of these this year while shopping. Sometimes Ross and TJ Maxx carries the same ones for a few years.

Isn't it about time for you to set another ts? I found 3 of the big stone napkin rings. Was it you who used on one of your tables? I'll have to figure out how to use them on one of mine.

Jeanne, glad you liked the napkins with the plates too. I wasn't sure if I would go green, red or white until I opened the drawer with these and Bingo. I wanted to start decorating my hutch but just didn't have the get up and go tonight. So instead I've sat here and consumed a whole bag of sunflower nuts while posting and texting.Darn

Thanks for the comments. I may get Friday off so who knows what I'll come up with if I get 3 days off in a row. I'm hoping to play with DGD at least one day.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk, Darn. I was hoping to get those stems lol. I'll have to check around my area for some.
    My DD and I spent several hours yesterday trying to upload pics to photo bucket with no luck.
    She is very good with computers and was stymied and had to give up. Very discouraging.
    I used big diamond napkin rings on my April BD ts.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nana, so sorry to hear your having issues uploading pictures to photobucket. Could it be as simple as your computer has popups blocked so it will not allow you to upload? I've had alot of issues with my computer lately. I had to go in and type Kathe's first part of her address to finally be able to view her last post.

I remember your April ts. Thanks for reminding me. I will have to pull it up again. I have 1 ea red, blue and green so not as pretty as your diamonds! This would of been the table I should of tried them on since I have all three colored plates.Opps

Hope you can find some of the stems.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Punk, that is such a lovely table. Everything about it! Eye Candy galore ;o). I'm going to be lazy tho and just "ditto" what others have said on the individual pieces.

Oh, no worry with me coming after your cardinals...LOL. I got several of them from my DT when they had them. I hit mine with the Krylon clear GLOSS spray, it gives them a nice sheen and really brings up the colors so prettily. (I am notorius for doing that to resin, or matte ceramic pieces to give them more of a porcelain look.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

punk...you 'enabler,' you...I also came across one of those light-up trees you have on this table ...at a TS...but I passed (yikes, must have been sick that day!) ... those are so pretty in your decor! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions