Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

'I'm Melting' Snowman Table

christmascandy
13 years ago

I created this table in the dining room using an heirloom tablecloth, my 40 yr old wedding china, crystal goblets from the 80's, Damask Rose silverware, and TS snowman mugs.

I wanted to make it look like my snowman centerpiece was melting.

The top hat came from Sal. Army last fall, scarf from DT, and twigs from the back yard. The silver trees were clearance after the holidays several yrs ago, and the large silver candlesticks are TS, the shorter silver candlesticks are decades old. The black candles were TS last fall. The buttons were from my button box.

The snowmen on the chandy were from DT last fall. I originally used them as chair decor for my church luncheon where I decorate a table.

I couldn't find a faux carrot I liked so I carved one out of styrofoam, and painted it with craft paint.

The sugar and creamer were a TS find last fall.

The silver placemats were clearance at HG after the holidays 2009. Same for the DT snowflakes. I layered blck and white napkins and used plain silver napkin rings.

The icicles are several years old.

All the snowflakes were clearance items.

Maybe it is wishful thinking because I would like all the snow to melt so I could get out on the golfcourse, LOL.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

That is the cutest, MOST CLEVER snowman table centerpiece I've ever seen. It's a new approach. You still get the snowy feeling, but there's the anticipation of Spring.

Those candlesticks were quite a find. So ornate!

You carved the carrot. YOU CARVED THE CARROT! Boy. You are on a roll.

Candy, I just love this. REALLY. I just love it!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I'm with OA...WOW, Candy!! That centerpiece is just waaaaay too cute. And YOU CARVED THE CARROT!

I saved a couple of your photos and just realized how FAR behind I am in adding to our Inspiration albums. Sheesh, I've got a lot saved from our gang here to add. I'll get caught up soon I hope.

Candy, you are always inspiring! And if you want to play golf, head for Phoenix. Mr Oblivious has been playing in shorts the past few days. Its beautiful here, 70s.
    I can't even begin to imagine the frigid weather and abundunce of snow some of y'all are dealing with...guess its about like you trying to imagine our 115 plus summers tho! I want the weather here to last and the heat to stay away as much as you want Spring and warm sunny days.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, What a Fun, fun table!!!

I can't think of anything else to say except it makes me smile to look at it!!!

I've got to say it too...YOU CARVED THE CARROT!!!

I'm with you I am sick of snow and ice.

There will be no golfing here until at least March with all the snow that's on the ground.

THINK SPRING !!!

NanaKaren

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, I love it! Looks like the snowman is melting alright. Great job creating this. Your placemats, china, crystal, candle holders, trees and snowmen are wonderful.

Carrot turned out perfect and so glad you used acrylic paint after you carved it! I will be back to look at this again and all of Karen's posts tonight.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

What a fun table Candy..and SO Creative..What a great delivery on the 'melting image' of a snowman! That Top Hat from SA was a terrific find and is just perfect. The S&C couple is adorable, and your silver accessories..expecially those Candlesticks, are just lovely.
    The addition of your china - crystal, placemats and Silver Trees, created a beautiful table.
    I love it all.

jane

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I agree with Jane! Very fun table!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all of the compliments!!
    Also....thanks for being impressed by my carrot, but did you read it was "styrofoam?" Not too difficult to shape, other than static cling with all the little pieces, LOL
    I did know better than to use spray paint after the warnings on here!!

Karen, we tried to play golf in Sedona after Christmas, but the snowstorm decided to visit the same time as we did, : (

We actually have had very little snow in Denver, just enough to keep the courses closed. Then it melts and the weather looks good, and whamo, another couple of inches! It is supposed to be back in the 50's tomorrow and Thurs., so maybe this weekend.....
    The mountains are a different story, they have had several feet of snow this winter!! Great for skiing, but I would rather play golf.

It was a fun table to create. I have been planning it since I found the snowman mugs and the hat.

I am using my wedding china more now for tablescapes, than when I was actually eating off of it!!

Glad you enjoyed it.

TTFN,
    Candy

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Too darn darling! I love your wedding china, it's so elegant and it looks wonderful with those placemats. The silver candlesticks are a great accent. I'm ready to play some golf and work in my yard too. But it will have to be warmer that 50 for me.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Candy, you did a great job with the melting snowman centerpiece. That hat was perfect, and the scarf, nose and buttons really made it look like the snowman melted! Love the pretty candlesticks, and the snowmen mugs too. Those bigger snowmen were a good find too. I really like how you used the silver trees and silver placemat along with the big snowflakes. Lovely china and silverware too. Oh heck, it ALL just turned out great! Good job.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

candy...you take your GORGEOUS china, heirloom t'cloth, exotic silver candlesticks, crystal goblets, silver placemats (which are so elegant, BTW!), silver trees & snowflakes AND THEN...you grab our attention (as if it wasn't already grabbed) with FROSTY, the snowman melting! Ahhhhh, TOO CUTE! Great t'scape!

And don't worry, holiday-ers, when Frosty melts, Santa says:

Don't cry, Karen, Frosty's not gone for good. You see, he was made out of Christmas snow and Christmas snow can never disappear completely. It sometimes goes away for almost a year at a time and takes the form of spring and summer rain. But you can bet your boots that when a good, jolly December wind kisses it, it will turn into Christmas snow all over again.

LOL! Thanks, candy! CUTE! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I love that...and have saved it. Such a delightful little story of Frosty.
    And your comments to Candy were right on!!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions