Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Snowman Hat CP

christmascandy
10 years ago

I found the snowman hat basket at Michaels for 70% off. The florals: some were WalMart - 50% off, the red poinsettias and the large swirl and ornie picks were Michaels 80% off, and some of the other evergreen picks also Mich. 80% off.

I am planning a snowman theme for one of my tables next Nov. and this will be the CP.

Happy New Year,
Candy

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Oh that hat is adorable & you've filled it w/holiday charm! I love the whimsical twirly green things! Nice work, candy! Perfect cp for your snowman table! TFS! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jeanne, I start planning the tables now as I can buy the décor and items I use for the hostess gifts on clearance and save some $$$!! Also it gives me time to look for items and pull everything together if I don't have everything.
    Candy

• marylee_2010
    10 years ago

Candy, You did a beautiful job! I usually think that less is better, but you have proven me wrong this time. Getting everything on sale just adds the finishing touch to a great project. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I used that hat and two smaller ones to make gift baskets this year. I thought they were so cute! I only got 25% off of mine with a coupon, but it was before Christmas, so I guess that's okay...LOL!

Your arrangement is perfect with the hat.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Sweet cp you've ended up with, Candy. I have one of those hats
    on top of one of my china cabinets right now. Not near as pretty
    as yours all decorated tho!

I love adding bling and springy things to my decor. I need to quit
    giving away so many arrangements tho since I live 60 miles from
    Michaels, JoAnns and all the fun places to shop.

Come next year you will be so glad you're on top of things. I love to
    shop when it's 90% off. I can fill a cart to the max and smile all the way home!

Punk

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Well. I guess I'm the only one who never saw these hats before...
    I think It's so adorable!
    Candy I love how you decorated yours and
    Agree it will be. A perfect CP for your Snowman table.
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

The snowman hat is so cute an a real bargain too. I love how you decorated it.
    It is perfect for a winter decoration.
    I'm looking forward to seeing it on your snowman table.
    Nana

• judithva
    10 years ago

Wow, great job!

• pdg777
    10 years ago

Very pretty and VERY unique!

• party_music50
    10 years ago

Jane, you're not the only one who's never seen one of these baskets. lol!

Candy, you've made a really cute CP for your snowman table. I also love the twirly/sparkly green things and it makes me wonder if you can cover or change the hat band to make it look like a top hat for NYEve? :)

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Seems to me that I first saw one of these in one of Kathleen's tablescapes. If I remember correctly, she said she got hers as part of a floral arrangement from a flower shop. I've ALWAYS wanted one, ever since I saw hers.

We don't have snow here in Southern California, but all the primary teachers pretend we do, and usually present a unit on snow during January. Although it's been years since I taught second grade, I still think of snowmen during January!

You have a great piece to work with, Candy. I'm jealous.

You might also use it for a centerpiece for Oscar NIght too. Lots of possibilities.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Add me to the little group who hasn't seen this hat before either! Candy, your whimsical floral arrangement is just
    PERFECT for it. Buying the stuff at great sale prices,
    doing the arrangement now, and taking a photo, has you all set for next year's decorating with it.......
    :o)
    unless you're like me and lose things between now and then. LOL. I wish ALL my Christmas decorations were in ONE room, neatly labeled to the nines and very organized. Instead they are in too many places and lacking in labeling. As I repack, I will "find" stuff that was lost this time tho. That's always the case. :o)
    Anyway, I figure with your OCD (Obsessive Christmas Decorating) you must have a good system in place for
    your things!! I'll look forward to seeing how you use this centerpiece next time 'round.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
VA's Foremost Professional Roofing & Siding Craftsmen
More Discussions