Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Green Tablescape

kathleen_li
13 years ago

Here's my table for this week, if you would like to see it. :)

Nothing is new, the salad plates were a Cmas 2009 gift that I never used.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Table

Comments (13)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Kathleen,
    You worked your magic as usual. Not everyone could have pulled it off.
    I left a comment on your blog.

I guess it's time for me to start thinking about reds and pinks now. I love the holidays - all kinds of them, but I don't like to start them too early.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Very pretty table, Kathleen. It all blends together beautifully. The new salad plates are lovely. I wish we could see some of that green on the ground instead of all the white that's there now.
    NanaKaren

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wonderful uplift for winter ... thinking "green!"
    The salad plates are so unique & the candle ring of berries add a nice touch. The green glass bowl & stemware are beautiful additions & certainly add to the elegance of it all.

Love the white & dark green combo of your linens/napkin rings. Crystal compote bowl is gorgeous! Candlelight, flowers, crystal & beautiful green glass...that's certainly brings a warm feeling of "green." TFS, kathleen. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Kathleen, Even tho I commented on your blog,
    I will do so again...
    Your tablesetting was put together in such a
    lovely way, with the end results - just beautiful!
    You are a true 'Master Tablescaper'!

jane

• party_music50
    13 years ago

OMG. I usually avoid going to blog sites because they S L O W down my system so much, but I had a need to see a Green tablescape. It's beautiful and you thought of all the details -- but I was stumped by the two white bouquets. Then I realized one was the cupcake bouquet! that is just so AWESOME! You did a fantastic job with it! How long did that take you? and how much cream cheese frosting?! LOL! Those cupcake bouquets would be perfect for a shower!

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Party m, they do take a lot of cream cheese. I think I used a lb and a half for 24 cup cakes. You can do it in buttercream too though.

They don't take that long once you get in the swing. I did pink ones too that I am posting tomorrow. They came out better. Next time I make them I will time myself!

Jane and OA, thank you for commenting on my blog, and please don't feel you must do it here too! I know it is time consuming!

Jeanne, you always have such lovely comments, thank you.
    And Nana, yes, I would like to see green too. 15 new inches last night and more on the way. So I guess the only color I will have is on my table.

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Kathleen...It's funny...I just read that you will be posting another Cupcake Bouquet tomorrow in Pink
    I showed my GDtr Taylor your white one the other day..and she loved it. I asked if we should make one for V-Day..and she said 'Yes-Pink' !
    Now I'll make sure to show her how it looks in Pink!

jane

• party_music50
    13 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the pink ones and hearing the results of the timing. lol! I'll have to practice making them myself... my niece just got engaged!!! :O)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Love all the green and the cupcakes are wonderful, the only thing that could improve them is to make them pink. I would love to give them a try, but I'm trying really hard to diet and would have no willpower.
    Frou

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Frou, I did make them in pink, but the white went better with this table.

Jane, you are really supposed to mount them on a styro foam ball cut in half, but I didn't have one and as you know we are SNOWBOUND!!!
    I think they looked sweet on a round cake ped, but for a shower I would do the foam ball.
    I have a few other ideas...need people to eat the trial cupcakes though!!

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Frou, I did make them in pink, but the white went better with this table.

Jane, you are really supposed to mount them on a styro foam ball cut in half, but I didn't have one and as you know we are SNOWBOUND!!!
    I think they looked sweet on a round cake ped, but for a shower I would do the foam ball.
    I have a few other ideas...need people to eat the trial cupcakes though!!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Kathleen, your green table is such a nice color for a change. I enjoyed your table as I always do. The b & b plates with the little bows are so cute. Glad you finally used your pretty plates. They look great with the chg and bowl. Pretty stemware on this table.

All your dishes are so pretty and your food is always wonderful. The roses are great and look like alot of work. Send those cupcakes to me, I'll eat all them.lol Will be looking for your pink ones.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Punk!

Sponsored
More Discussions