Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

OT: Help me? :)

party_music50
11 years ago

Hello. Remember that snow angel photo and those *great* boots I was wearing?! :) They're having a competition where you have to enter a photo of yourself wearing Steger Mukluks (those great boots) -- then they post the photos on Facebook, Pinterest, and Google (?), and the most "likes" will win. They have 3 categories and allow multiple entries with different pairs of mukluks... and between me and my BF, we have 4 pairs. I LOVE THEM! :O)

I entered one photo already and I see that they've posted it on facebook. I don't even do Pinterest or the other thing they're talking about, so don't know about that.

Here's the FB link for my 1st entry.

I'd love it if you like it -- and 'like' it! Thanks for any help! :)

Comments (18)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Are you 'Audrey' shoveling away snow from windows? I didn't know which one to 'like.' Or are you the snow angel? LOL! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

PM, I don't do FB or Pinterest but want to wish you good luck! Loved your snow angel picture.

Punk

• party_music50
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Jeanne -- Yes, I'm Audrey C. shoveling snow away from the windows! :O) That was a horribly snowy winter, BTW. :p

My niece's husband is a professional photographer and I've asked him if he can come up with some winning photo ideas for the other photos I'll be able to enter... I have until the end of January to submit entries, and voting goes through Feb 14 (I think). It's going to be difficult to compete with some of that gorgeous scenery shown in other entries!

Thank you! :)

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

I do like it and I liked it

• party_music50
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Nana! :)

• party_music50
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yesterday was a beautiful day here! It was sunny and slightly above freezing so we put on our mukluks and went down to the dam. We asked a fisherman if he would take our photo, and it's been entered in the Couples Mukluks photos competition. :) Here we are.... please 'like' the photo at facebook to vote for us!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Good to see you, Party & that other half, too! ;-) I 'liked' this photo on FBk. Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

I liked this one too!

• party_music50
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Jeanne and Nana!

I think it's odd, but the object of the "Couples" photo competition is not to show a 'couple' (in that sense). The object is to have a photo of more than one person where each person is wearing mukluks. LOL!!!

• lovevintage
    11 years ago

Liked both of them. Best of luck to you.

• yachter123
    11 years ago

Done

• party_music50
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for the votes, lovevintage and yachter!!! :)

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Party, I went to FB and "liked" both. Good luck, hope you get a lot of votes!

hugs, Karen

• marilyn_c
    11 years ago

I "liked" it too.

• party_music50
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, PM and Marilyn! We actually stand a chance of coming in 3rd in the Couples competition... we just need a lot more votes. lol!

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

Sorry, I don't do FB.

• lynninnewmexico
    11 years ago

I just liked it, too. Wow, what a lot of snow!

• party_music50
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the vote, Lynn! That snow you see in the photo is like a dusting for us. A "lot of snow" is when it's 3 feet deep in the open fields, the snowbanks on the edge of the driveway are over my head, and I have to shovel DOWN to find the mailbox. :p

Sadly, our vote count is unintentionally going DOWN rather than up. Some of my friends thought they could vote more than once, so they hit 'like' and then they went back and hit it again (i.e., they 'unlike'd it, not realizing). I'm tired of trying to explain to them how Steger Mukluks requires the vote to count on facebook. :p

-10F here this morning with more snow.... And that's the reason I wear mukluks! :)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource
More Discussions