Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: Help me? :)

Posted by party_music50 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 21:40

Hello. Remember that snow angel photo and those *great* boots I was wearing?! :) They're having a competition where you have to enter a photo of yourself wearing Steger Mukluks (those great boots) -- then they post the photos on Facebook, Pinterest, and Google (?), and the most "likes" will win. They have 3 categories and allow multiple entries with different pairs of mukluks... and between me and my BF, we have 4 pairs. I LOVE THEM! :O)

I entered one photo already and I see that they've posted it on facebook. I don't even do Pinterest or the other thing they're talking about, so don't know about that.

Here's the FB link for my 1st entry.

I'd love it if you like it -- and 'like' it! Thanks for any help! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: Help me? :)

Are you 'Audrey' shoveling away snow from windows? I didn't know which one to 'like.' Or are you the snow angel? LOL! Jeanne S.

o

PM, I don't do FB or Pinterest but want to wish you good luck! Loved your snow angel picture.

Punk

o

Hi Jeanne -- Yes, I'm Audrey C. shoveling snow away from the windows! :O) That was a horribly snowy winter, BTW. :p

My niece's husband is a professional photographer and I've asked him if he can come up with some winning photo ideas for the other photos I'll be able to enter... I have until the end of January to submit entries, and voting goes through Feb 14 (I think). It's going to be difficult to compete with some of that gorgeous scenery shown in other entries!

Thank you! :)

o

I do like it and I liked it

o

Thank you, Nana! :)

o

Yesterday was a beautiful day here! It was sunny and slightly above freezing so we put on our mukluks and went down to the dam. We asked a fisherman if he would take our photo, and it's been entered in the Couples Mukluks photos competition. :) Here we are.... please 'like' the photo at facebook to vote for us!

o

Good to see you, Party & that other half, too! ;-) I 'liked' this photo on FBk. Jeanne S.

o

I liked this one too!

o

Thank you, Jeanne and Nana!

I think it's odd, but the object of the "Couples" photo competition is not to show a 'couple' (in that sense). The object is to have a photo of more than one person where each person is wearing mukluks. LOL!!!

o

Liked both of them. Best of luck to you.

o

Done

o

Thank you for the votes, lovevintage and yachter!!! :)

o

Party, I went to FB and "liked" both. Good luck, hope you get a lot of votes!

hugs, Karen

o

I "liked" it too.

o

Thank you, PM and Marilyn! We actually stand a chance of coming in 3rd in the Couples competition... we just need a lot more votes. lol!

o

Sorry, I don't do FB.

o

I just liked it, too. Wow, what a lot of snow!

o

Thanks for the vote, Lynn! That snow you see in the photo is like a dusting for us. A "lot of snow" is when it's 3 feet deep in the open fields, the snowbanks on the edge of the driveway are over my head, and I have to shovel DOWN to find the mailbox. :p

Sadly, our vote count is unintentionally going DOWN rather than up. Some of my friends thought they could vote more than once, so they hit 'like' and then they went back and hit it again (i.e., they 'unlike'd it, not realizing). I'm tired of trying to explain to them how Steger Mukluks requires the vote to count on facebook. :p

-10F here this morning with more snow.... And that's the reason I wear mukluks! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here