Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my special gift from Jeanne

Purplemoon
10 years ago

Here are the two things she sent for Teegan....the wonderful little wood horse and buggy her husband made long ago. I think its so precious, and it means so much to me.
Also, if you look close, Teegan is holding a little "String Doll" someone made.
hugs, Karen

Comments (7)

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The other 'treasures' are...
    a set of 4 ceramic coasters featuring trees of the 4 seasons.
    the wonderful lidded bunny dish
    a neat doll in a winter coat with a fur collar that will be fun to use in a Christmas vignette.
    And also she sent me some of her lovely notecards she makes (no photo of them).
    Oh, she also sent little quilt squares to put on Teegan's tray for placemats. I used them under the horse and buggy. She sent several different fabrics.

I love everything, but mostly I love my dear friend.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Oh Karen, thank you so much for sharing ALL your sweet gifts Jeanne sent you! Love that little horse and cart. It reminded me of a horse I use to paint and sell with that mane and tail. The little doll is perfect for Teegan. BTW, it's great to see Teegan again. She's adorable in her bunny shirt and sharing her/yours new gifts.

Fun little doll w/fur coat. Are you sharing her w/Teegan? The four season tree coasters will come in handy. Such a pretty set. The bunny dish is so cute and I know you have a shortage of bunnies!LOL

Jeanne's cards are so amazing! Thanks again for all the updates on Dear Jeanne. Hope she continues to get up each day and grow stronger. I love it that she sent you all these gifts. Also sweet that she sent our OA an angel feather.What a lady!!!

TFS, Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Karen they are such sweet thoughtful gifts, Jeanne is a true friend.
    I've been following her DD's Caring Bridge posts.
    It seems she is making progress. Thank God for that.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Karen, what lovely and meaningful gifts to always treasure...from our
    sweet Jeanne.
    I'm been following the updates on CB too and it's so good to hear of her
    progress.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I noticed how 'messy' Teegan looks, guess she was squirming around in her high chair. LOL. I should have straightened her sweatshirt but didn't notice it till I posted the pix.
    But she's sure happy with her new goodies.
    :o)

Did you make a free-standing horse Punk, or a wall hanging one? Many years ago I found a pretty good sized primitive rocking horse with the same mane and tail and done in a rustic blue shade. I thought he'd be cute out with Xmas (like an old toy) but keep forgetting he's on a shelf in the garage. He's about 15 " high.
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Such sweet gifts from such a wonderful friend! Love the little horse and cart. The season coasters are very nice and the little bunny dish is right up your alley. Lucky you!

It reminds me of our exchanges we used to have on the junk forum...we should try one here....I loved them!

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Karen, most kids look like Teegan! Not a priority to sit still and look well groomed.lol Your rocking horse would be neat to display. We made one rocking horse but sold it. Our horse I was talking about is hanging. I'll post a picture of the one that still hangs in the garage. The sign reads 'Welcome to our Spread' It has seen it's better days. Has some spray paint on it and who knows what else!

We made and sold 100's of horses and cows. Some were on rollers and others were hanging or shelf sitters. I'm pretty sure I've shared my cow easter bunny. I'm thinking we have a cow hanging on a door frame here in the house some where. There was a time that tole painting was my second job.

Marlene, I agree and exchange would be so fun.

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions