Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Here's my attempt at a tiered vignette

luvstocraft
9 years ago

This tiered basket thingy was on my patio with some dead plants in it. I cleaned it up, painted it white, and gathered together a few items to see if I could create something cute like I see on Pinterest.

Not unhappy with this, but would love to hear your ideas on what could make it better.

I think I need some silk flowers for the bottom pitcher. I just stuck some greenery in the top two, thinking I'd like some of those little green beady silk flower stems in those.

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's another view for you.

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

how sweet luvs.
    what a clever idea!
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Nana, not my idea however, lots of these tiered pics on Pinterest.

I have to give Purplemoon credit for introducing me to Pinterest--and now I'm so addicted! lol

This still needs more tweaking too. Gives me something to think about and play with.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Well I think the bunnies are the main focus & your doilies add to them ... so I would certainly keep those...I haven't looked at anything like this on Pinterest but I am wondering how some pearl necklaces or some crystal egg shapes would work in one of the baskets. I love how you added the white plates, too. Looks great painted white! ;-) ~~Jeanne

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You know Jeanne, you are right, with some eggs added it will be perfect for Easter. I had just collected whatever I had around that was white and bunnies fit the bill! As you know, I love bunnies and have some out year round.

I think I'll try to find some silk greenery, maybe sort of pale green. When I take my winter décor off my mantel, some of those items might work in this too.

This is just my way of "playing" when I'm not in the mood to do some serious cleaning or yard work! lol

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Jeanne took the words right out of my mouth...I was going to suggest
    adding some small soft colored faux eggs and maybe some small delicate floral vines.
    Other than that, I think this is lovely...I'm also in love with those
    Bunnies!
    jane

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jane, I can't wait for you to get moved into your new house so you can start decorating and sharing pics with us!

I have some clear jewel looking eggs, I'll get those out and add them to this before Easter. Will take more pics then.

Yes, I think all of us have bunny fever. Just such sweet faces and they fit in so many vignettes.

Time to think Valentines!

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

You did a wonderful job! I love how you arranged the bunnies and other items. And I like the suggestions from Jeanne and Jane too.
    I saw the tiered baskets you'd pinned and was wishing I had one to play with. Lucky you did just that :o)

I am hoping to talk myself into some Easter decor, thanks to some of your suggestions when you emailed me.
    But no more Valentines, all my stuff got given away a couple of years ago for it. So I'll just enjoy looking at everyone else's.
    hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So glad to "see" you here sweet friend. Thanks to you, I'm seeing so many ideas that tug at my creative desires! However, I'm discovering that it's not so easy to recreate a look using your own items from around the house! lol

No need to decorate for Valentine's, but you know sitting out in your yard enjoying your lovely weather while munching on a box of nice chocolates isn't such a bad idea????

(Yes, I know, I'm being onery!) ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

This basket of bunnies you created is Beautiful Luvs! Love
    Your pitcher in with the bunny. I think an oversized pretty
    white doiley under it on your brick would be neat and pull
    your other cute bunny in. Love the idea of adding eggs and
    pearls for Easter. If you have another doiley you could let the
    pearls fall over onto the doiley below with an egg or two.

Love it that you painted this basket white!

Sponsored
More Discussions