Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Copied Candy....Retail Therapy

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I have a friend who lives across town, about an hour from me. She occasionally drives here to go to the antique mall and lunch with me, but has always wanted me to visit her. And go to another big antique mall that is near her house. I've never been to it. So a mutual friend who lives not far from me said she'd go too, and do the driving. I was gone most all day, we also went to lunch at a nice Mexican place. My legs may not recover any time soon, but we all had a great time and of course I got goodies from the Antique mall. I definitely agree with Candy about the retail therapy being good for a gal. LOL. Perked me right up.

I found a neat Cardinal, Woooo Hooo! Well actually I found two. The pale-colored one goes with all my other Otagiri birds I have collected. (I think he makes number 20.) I have one other cardinal, and some little owls, but most are just cute birds. I love the pale colors of the Otagiri ones, think they are so pretty. The frosted leaping bunny will look sweet with a small bird I have like him. And I found the prettiest little cup and saucer with roses that is just "Teegan-size"!

This bunny table-runner is 5 ft long! I couldn't get it all in the photo. It actually fits the length of my long kitchen counter that I always decorate. Perfect for Easter and Spring.

Easter Bunny Froggie. LOL. His green parts are ceramic, and his white is kinda like a stuffed bean bag. He was totally silly, and cheap, so he came home with me. The shabby Quail is cast iron. I'm debating if I should paint it (white or oil-rubbed bronze) or just leave it as is. Suggestions? It may go out back till Fall, then come in for decorating.

This is a rather strange rabbit wall shelf. VERY heavy ceramic and about 15" high. He's holding a book, so maybe its a Bookshelf. LOL. I normally don't like my rabbits wearing clothes, LOL. (Nekkid rabbits, I know). But I kept looking at him, and thinking, and looking, till both my friends told me to just BUY HIM.! Otherwise I'd get home and regret it they said.

The Golf Santa Cookie Jar, from eBay, arrived. I was shocked how BIG it is! WOW. I love it, even Mr O. laughed when he saw it! Yay.

This was a stag (not actually a reindeer, antlers are different on them), that my DD found at an after-Christmas sale and got for me. Originally priced at $60, she got him for $15. I've had him displayed even tho I didn't do much for winter decor. Next season he'll be out a lot more! He's pretty big.

hugs, Karen

Comments (7)

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'm in LOVE with that bunny table runner.
    Also like the cast iron quail. That's a look I really like.

Glad you went with friends for a little shopping. Shopping with friends is good for the spirits.

OA

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Gosh Karen...just 'Looking' at your retail 'therapy goodies' gave me a lift!
    I'm so glad you got out for the day to have lunch and shop with GF's. You scored some really great things.
    Love all your Bunnies and that bunny runner is so cute.
    The birds are really pretty, and the little dainty cup for Teegan will be perfect for her.
    That 'bunny frog' is a hoot..looks like he's saying 'get me out of this silly outfit' ! lol
    Glad Mr O noticed and got a laugh over your Golfing Santa Cookie Jar..and you didn't even have to fill it with cookies!
    I like the colors on the 'dressed' bunny shelf...I know what you mean about them being dressed, but this one is done nicely...and has a vintage look to him.
    Your DD found you an impressive looking stag. He should be fun to decorate with next season.
    It's nice to run away and play for the day and bring home great 'stuff'...
    I know if I lived nearby..I'd have joined in too.

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

There now!! Don't you feel better?
    You really found some great buys and that beautiful stag from DD has lots of possibilities.
    The rabbit shelf looks rather like a character from Beatrix Potter. Maybe you should put a collection of her books on the shelf.

I'd probably leave the quail as is, and use him outside. There are quail all over in the Village of Oak Creek where our house is in AZ.

Teegan is going to love her new teacup.

With that much therapy, you should be fully recovered, LOL

Thank goodness for good friends.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

LOL over the Teegan size cup...ahhh HA! (you're hooked, lady...now I'm not the only one out there buying bargain goodies for a doll! ;-)

That runner is delightful...love it! And, of course, the big brass stag! Wow, what a bargain...hugs to DD! Good to hear that you had a great day! Sounds like it worth the price you'll pay...great bargains today, too! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, love all of your new finds. So glad you found more birds and bunnies to add to your collections. Guess you better keep decorating if your going to keep buying.LOL The frog bunny is a riot. I have a cow bunny I painted years ago 'DaUdder Easter Bunny'.

That runner is so cool. I like clothed bunnies and naked ones. Variety is the spice of life. The big brass stag is awesome and I'm sure you'll enjoy setting it out next year. What a deal.

You really shouldn't of shown your goodies before I head out to shop. I'll just try to keep focused on gifts for the family.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Great Haul, Karen!
    Looks like you had a wonderful day.
    Retail therapy IS good for the spirits.
    The frog dressed like a bunny is a riot!
    I'm sure Teegan loves her tea cup.
    I can't wait to see the bunny runner in your Easter Display.
    I'm glad your DH got a kick out of the Santa Cookie Jar.
    Thanks for sharing all your wonderful new things ..really lifted my spirits on this damp and dreary day here.
    Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Alrighty then....who says you don't know how to have fun? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cardinals and the quail! Your bunny runner looks like it was made for you and your Easter decor and your "clothed" bunny shelf is adorable! Your golfing Santa is cool too as is your stag. You go girl!!