Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Way OT--first winter renovation

Marlene Kindred
12 years ago

Hi all~

I haven't been on the forum quite as much lately as DH and I have been working on some winter time renovation projects. Thought I would share the first one we've completed. We redid our master bathroom. Stripped the wallpaper, refinished the bath cabinet (a flea find a few years ago and it's really a dining room piece),tiled the backsplash, added new moulding and just generally freshened up the look. Next, we're on to the kitchen.

Hope you don't mind my sharing....

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Marlene, I Love It!! You two should be so proud of yourselves. The vanity is to die for. Beautiful piece and the top is great. All the tile work looks super. Your choice of sink and faucet is awesome too.

Now for all the rest. Love the choice of colors. Beautiful displays on your shelves. So glad you shared this. Will be looking forward to seeing your kitchen. Congrats on your beautiful new bath.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

WOW, Marlene! Fabulous work! Love your choice of cabinet, finishing & tile! Sink is beautiful & all that pretty decor! Love the colors ...shower curtain colors & pattern! WOW! Great job!

We've been clearing out & clearing out & our son came & helped move the couch, buffet, honking heavy tv set & recliners...tomorrow the carpet gets ripped out!

So good luck as you continue onward...great Winter projects! (ohhh, my least fav thing to do in the whole wide world is stripping walls of wallpaper...I still have it in my dining room & I still love the pattern so it will stay) ;-) Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Super job. What a great feeling of accomplishment to get something like that done.
    I'm with the rest: Lovin the cabinet!!
    Very calming colors for a relaxing bath, gives it a spa feeling!

TFS,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Congratulations Marlene!! You and your DH did a wonderful job on your bathroom.
    The cabinet is beautiful and I love the tile and the soft blue paint you chose.
    I bet you smile every time you go in there.
    TFS
    Nana

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Sooooooooo Pretty! You did guys did a great job on it, and I really like all the pieces and colors you chose.
    Congratulations! I can't wait to see the next one done!

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Wow! That's great. You're pretty handy. Looks very professional.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Wow Marlene...what an impressive job you and DH did!
    Love the cabinet, sink and tile work and all your color choices.
    Great job on the new moulding too.
    I agree that you and DH should feel so proud of your accomplishment.
    I had a 'This Old House' that we worked on for 28 yrs..
    With each rennovation - for the better - was such a great feeling.
    So I'm really sharing what you're feeling right now.
    Hope you took some 'Before' pics ...it's nice to look back on.
    Good luck with the Kitchen - look forward to seeing that too.

jane

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Wow, great job! Those metal birds really caught my eye.

Creek

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions