Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rest of my Winter Decor

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 20:43

I'm finally getting around to taking pictures of the rest of my snowmen. Thanks Jeanne and Karen
for encouraging me to show more or I might not have finished yet.haha

I combined my snowmen with a few angels on the counter. I didn't want to forget to bring out
the kissing angels. These sit beside my punch bowl that is still decorated. This is the snowman
S & P holder that DD brought me a few years ago.

photo 027_zps79666749.jpg

The next two are of my old tredle sewing machines.
 photo 052_zps6348e836.jpg

photo 054_zps0903ed32.jpg

When I found more snowies, the large ones on the top
of the buffet got moved down to the floor. That was my
way of being lazy and decorating.ha
 photo 040_zpsfd1cea66.jpg

Here's TJ in her winter outfit from Dollbaby and Jeanne. Such a warm and fuzzy little vest to
keep her cozy on these winter days. The moose pair came sledding by on her tray. I had a
crackle bowl, added snow and candles for a snow bowl.
 photo 034_zps1cd0b1c9.jpg

photo 035_zps3315e6ee.jpg

Here's my insulator that was my partents I had stashed in the buffet. I love the way it lights up.
Not near as pretty as yours Jeanne but hope I can find my others and play another time. I
should have more of my painted snowmen on the stars too that I need to get together.
 photo 042_zps03240c98.jpg

This is what's on the roll top desk. DD just brought me the lg snowman. He's on a spring and moves.
I put the cp together using icles around the top of the vase. Also painted the red berry tree pots
white with silver accents. Now I need to paint more of my gold Christmas things white so I will use them.
 photo 0022_zps0264f2f3.jpg

I think this is everything I have to share for winter! Thanks for going on the winter journey with me.

Stay Warm and Safe. Punk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rest of my Winter Decor

OH WOW, punk...I don't know where to start!

Well, 1st off, of course, is TJ ...she looks so adorable .... I love the crystal bowl idea w/candlelight & she looks so darn cute sitting by that rooster buffet w/all those snowmen practically gathered around her! Lucky girl! So many cute snowmen/ladies!

Next ...how ingenious using that 'tinsel' to drape from the vase ~~ very cool idea! Looks very icy! & that big bobble snowman is just so darn cute!

I love how you used your insulator on top of a crystal candlestick & also that you added white balls to candlesticks...looks very Wintery & festive.

On your treadle sewing machines, I like the idea of elevating stuff on books ...I need to do that sometimes ~~ those candleholders really add height on that one treadle machine. & who's that hanging on the lamp? Cutie pie!

Kitchen counter is sweet as can be w/those angels & snowmen ... I can't believe you have so many cute, cute snowmen...like the one doing a cartwheel or something! & lots of candlelight...I love that, as you know ... it lights up your decor!

TFS, punk...thoroughly enjoyed! ~~hugs, Jeanne ...& good to see JT in that furry vest! ;-)

o

Jeanne, glad you made it through all this!. I wish I could remember to use my submersible led lights in water. Maybe I'll try that in my next ts. They can be set for green, red, blue or flashing all the colors. TJ's head band is one of DGD's and a little big but she's happy in her sweet winter outfit!

You liked the tinsel.yeah I bought it and never used it so decided to try it for something different and also more bling! I think the cp has done some shifting since I put it together.lol

So hope I can find some of my blue insulators. Not sure why this one is the only one that I've seen lately. I'm sure the others are out in that big shed and so sad they've been so neglected. DH is making me some plate holders so I didn't ask for fancy little blocks like you have.teehee Thanks for this one DGF.

That's DGD when she was younger hanging on the lamp. Also another picture of her behind the candles. When the snowies aren't on the stand, I have 3 balls that sit on the plate on top of the books and two frames that sit beside them.

The 3 Christmas snowmen are ceramic ones I painted. Changed their scarves to turquoise a few years ago. I use to sit them in front of the TV but DH doesn't like them there since we got our new tv. They don't always get to come out and play every year.sigh

Will be sad when it's time to take down all the snowies this year. I haven't done any thinking for Valentines day. Seems like I did buy a few more things after last year. Will have to go through my totes and get some ideas.

I always try to add candle light for YOU! I know you love it and so do I. Thanks so much for all your sweet comments. Have a good night.

Punk

o

Oh my gosh, so many snow people!!!
They are so cheery and bright, they make me smile.
TJ looks warm and cozy in her new vest.
Nana

o

Thanks Nana for your sweet comments. What are you planning for your next table? Did you see my melting snowman card I posted? Maybe you could try it if you have time one of these days. We know you have the perfect snowflake dinnerware.

You know I fly by the seat of my pants and have alot of ideas that never materialize. One day this will change.lol My last business idea is not an option right now. Might be for the best.

Stay warm and safe DF's. Punk

o

Punk, All your decorations are beautiful. You arrange things so well. Love the look of your home...it is really cheerful during these winter days. Thanks so much for sharing. Marylee

o

Punk....so many cute snowies !
You make everyone smile with all your adorable arrangements
And of course- don't want to forget TJ...wearing her new vest from her
'cyber BFF'... I was laughing thinking of Toy Story...and picturing all of them
Having a ball when you and DH are asleep!
jane

o

Awe Marylee and Jane, your comments are so sweet and make me smile! I know, right Jane, what goes on while we sleep!LOL Like what happened to my glass shelf crashing while I was away and Roweena was hanging out.hmmm

Thanks again for the comments ladies.
Stay warm and safe.
Punk

o

OMG, Punk, that's a lot of snowmen and they're so cute! I noticed two in your second pic (far left and far right) that reminded me of some I used to have... but now I'm wondering what the heck happened to them! :(

We are having a freakish thaw here and I can even see some bare spots under trees... it's made me want to take down any "winter-y" decor.

o

Your Snowman Convention is in full swing, and TJ must be the hostess (and keeping them from getting into too much mischief).
Your house is a winter wonderland and total delight. Who could look at these snowmen and not walk around grinning! I'm sure their joy is contagious.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here