Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

A Few GW finds.

yachter123
13 years ago

Well, Christmas is over & I'm seeing many of you finding bargains so I took a few hours to myself today & went shopping!

Garage sales are too far away, so I stopped in at GW.

I found a few cute things.

Plastic platter ($1.99) and 4 plastic plates ($2.99) for g-daughter for a spring table.

Brand new BIG easter egg candle (for g-daughter for her Easter table, brand new ($1.99)

Red & white checked plates & bowls (each set $2.99)

The cutest old timey xmas picture, (Home Goods sticker on back, $4.99, GW price $1.99.) it is on a wood base, the pink edges have clear sparkly snow on them, doesn't show in the picture though.

Comments (11)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Yachter, you did find some neat things. The flowered plates are so pretty. That big Easter Egg Candle is neat. DGD will love having these for her Easter table.

Those red & white checked plates & bowls will be fun to set out for so many different occasions. Love the Christmas plaque you found. So fun to find neat things at a great price.

I live 60 miles from GW or I'm sure I would be there alot after seeing all of the goodies you ladies find there. Sounds funny you talking about ys. We only have them a few months out of the year with our weather.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I really like that cutesy old Christmas postcard mounted! I have a book/CD I bought with lots of those...& love 'em...they're fun to scrap/craft with, too!

Looks like your DGD & you will be having some fun days ahead! Fun finds! TFS! Jeanne S.

• yachter123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk, our garage sales start in April & go thru October here. In the spring, entire subdivisions will have them & there will be 30 to 50 houses participating. I love these cause it's like a "one stop shop".

Those are fun, after the end of May, the big subdivision sales end & then it's all individual & you have to drive all over the place to find them.

They usually go to the end of Oct. unless we have an early cold spell & they may end a bit early in Oct.

I was surprised today, as our GW usually doesn't have that much in table decor.

Mine is about 15 mins away, right by our big mall. There are two other thrift stores in that town too, but I don't go to them very often, they are pretty messy & my gkids refuse to go in them with me. They are messy but our GW is pretty clean & neat. LOL LOL

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

yachter...I meant to include in my post that those "red checkered plates" look like you need to do a late 50's table!...bobby socks, vinyl 45's, poodle skirts, etc. ...that's what they remind me of! LOL! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Yacht, what cute things for GD to do her tables with. She will have fun, and you will share them with us...right?
    I knew Jeanne would love that vintage card picture! Its wonderful.
    And the checkered plates are a nice find for you!

You are making me wanting to find a bit of time to go to my GW. I use to go so often and now its been months! And its only about 5 min. or so from my house. Maybe I can sneak out when Dad's home care guy is here if I don't take long.

I wish I could go to all those garage sales with you, boy does that sound like a lot of fun!! But I'd probably need a truck...LOL, like a U-Haul.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I'm with Karen, I'm always green with envy over all the fantastic things you find at amazing prices every year at those sales! I always look forward to your posts sharing your finds with us. ;o)

I really like the vintage looking sign, it's darling. And those red/white checked dishes are neat too. Good find on the egg and those colorful dishes. Can't wait to see what your DGD creates with them.

Luvs

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Yachter, you found some great deals! I'm drooling over the Christmas picture. It's beautiful! Your granddaughter is going to have fun with the tables you set for her.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Lots of goodies for you. I know that DG will love the pink and orange dishes(the 6 year old in me is loving them). The red and white check sets are a score for sure, lots of uses for them. I just told DH this weekend that I can't wait for GS season to start. I don't know why, my storage is bursting at the seams.
    Frou

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Love those checked plates! Are they ceramic?

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Oh I am loving those white dishes with the red checkerboard border - I can see them being used almost every season. The Christmas picture is just darling - the rest are cute, fun and playful - great buys :) .....

Lynne

• elmaly
    13 years ago

You will definitely have fun with those great fines!!

XOXO

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County
More Discussions