oldalgebra
13 years ago

Come visit. This one is fun.

It's National Popcorn Day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Popcorn and Pollyanna

Comments (17)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

This is great, OA! & what a variety of popcorn (& peanuts) to celebrate Nat'l Popcorn Day! Clever placemats & very original homemade napkin rings...love 'em! Looks like a good evening ahead! TFS! Jeanne s.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Too cute!
    But where is Grandma's placemat?
    It all looks very inviting and yummy. I'm sure everyone will have a good time. I also llke your viewing selection. So many young people today don't even know who Pollyanna is or the story I guess I should say.

Did you paint the lettering on the placemats or do you have a machine to cut out the letters?

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

This is such a sweet setting. You do so much with the GKids and I love it. The tickets and popcorn napkin rings you made are great. I have the popcorn boxes and was going to use them at work and serve popcorn to the customers. Never bought the machine tho. Maybe this will be enough to get me going and use them someday.

I bought 2 gingerbread kits today on clearance for $2 each at Walmart. I also bought lots of Valentine candy to decorate with. GDG and I will turn them into Valentine houses for a fun project together. May use one for my Valentine ts centerpiece.

Punk

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Really cute & you have such good ideas, those placemats are really a brainstorm, you really think of everything! I bet your gkids love it!

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk,
    That's a SUPER DUPER idea. I'm going to run to our Walmart tomorrow and see if they have any left! Valentine Houses. Really Super. Thanks for sharing that idea.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

OA, I'm glad you think this would work too. I have never eaten any GB house but the thought of freezing a couple to decorate later (St Pats or Easter) also crossed my mind. What do you think about that? I'm sure they will be $1 or .50 soon because they have alot of them.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

well, Ms Oh-so-Amazing has done it again. What a total delight. I love the placemats. I have to share this one with my DD. Her two little girls would LOVE something like this.

hugs and thanks for a big smile tonight,
    Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Gee am I too late for the Show??
    You have ALL my favorite 'munchies'!
    Love the cute placemats and napkin rings.
    Very creative and fun table OA. I'm happy to hear
    you're intorducing Pollyanna to your DGDs..hope they enjoy it.
    Punk...Great Idea with the GB houses..who would have thought..You're on a Roll!!!

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I commented on your blog, but will just ask here how you created your cute placemats? I'm thinking these would be a great addition to a basket of goodies for a movie night for a friend/family gift! You are just so clever!

I have seen a Valentine's gingerbread house on one of the blogs--but can't remember which one right now. Just remember it was very cute. I think that's a fun idea, Punk.

Luvs

• blizlady
    13 years ago

What a great setting! Yes, please do share the instructions on the placemats. I like luvs idea of adding those to a gift basket of movie night treats!

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs,
    The placemats were made from a sheet of 12 by 18 inch craft foam I got at Michael's. Each cost 99 cents. I used rub on letters from a stash I keep for the kids' school poster projects. A paint pen made the lines.
    Luvs, your fancy cutter would do perfectly. It would be fun to use on Oscar Night too.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Very, very cute! And it looks delicious too! When does the movie start? ;-)

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Very creative! Love those napkin rings and mats!

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

OA, everything looks fabulous! I bet all of you had a great time.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I saved a picture for reference OA, thanks for sharing the idea. I always struggle with what to give for neighbor gifts, and these sure would be cute along with a basket of goodies for a movie night. Thank you so much for giving me such a neat idea. Your creative ideas just amaze me--I love them all. Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow, luvs...that would be perfect with your cricut machine! A neat gift! OA is so darn Oh...so...AMAZING as Purplemoon says! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Lights, cameras, action, that is adorable and would be great for an Oscar party too.
    Frou