Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

New plates for Winter Bird table

christmascandy
13 years ago

I haven't found the Debbie Mumm plates, but I did find 3 Sonoma Knollwood salad plates at ARC that have winter birds on them.

The Knollwood plate with yellow birds, I'm not a bird person, so I don't know what these are!

The Knollwood Cardinal plate.

This is one of my Hallmark ornaments that fit the table.

Another Hallmark winter bird ornament.

Now I am on the lookout for a Bluejay salad plate in the Knollwood pattern! These are very woodsy looking as the edge looks like birch bark or some type of tree bark with knots.

I think they look great with the Mumm plates!

And it was 71 here today, you'll never guess what I did...OK, maybe you will..Yup, I was playing golf!! Woohoo!!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

beautiful bird plates and beautiful place settings - very very nice

the yellow birds are the American Goldfinch - we have them come to our feeders all the time :) .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, your Knollwood plates are so pretty. I love the birds on them and wood look around the edges. They look nice with your DM plates and chg.

Your Hallmark ornaments are wonderful for your table. The birds in the window with seed and snow is such a neat ornament.

So it was 71 and you went golfing today!!! Couldn't be happier for you.

It was in the 40's here and I loved that. Spent the last two days in the snow and freezing fog. We are suppose to be getting snow but I sure don't want any more.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, those are GREAT w/your Mumm plaid plates! Very pretty! 71...oh, that's an awful thing to tell us! LOL! Ok, candy, I'm happy you had a good day golfing.
    Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

What a pretty tablesetting Candy.
    Those plates are so lovely with the different bird scenes on them, and your Hallmark Bird ornaments work perfectly. The little birds at the window are just adorable.
    I found a different set of Sonoma Cardinal dishes today at a Consignment Shop and did a quick table tonight that I'm posting tomorrow. Funny how we both found Sonoma Bird plates..I wish I would have found 71 degree weather too! Glad you got to golf...lucky girl.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy I'm so glad you got to play golf! Hope your weather stays nice for you to get in a few more rounds. (My DH is sick with some horrid cough so he actually didn't play today. That is a shock. LOL)

Those Knollwood plates are really neat. I'm going to watch for the cardinal one on eBay. I really like how its done. Thanks you lil' Enabler!

I love your bird table!
    hugs, Karen

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

I so like those bird plates! Hope you find your Bluejay. I also like the plaid placemats and centerpiece with pinecones. What a perfect table!

Pat

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lynne, Thank you for identifying the birds for me. I have limited bird knowledge, especially the smaller ones.

Punk and Jeanne, I wasn't trying to gloat, but was just so happy that I finally made it out! If it makes you feel any better, it is supposed to be 5 (yes that is a single digit!) and snowing on Tuesday! Winter in CO is always an adventure.

Jane, that is a coincidence! SSSHHH, don't let Karen know or she will want to come and "borrow" them. LOL

Karen, sorry DH is not feeling well. Take care of yourself so you don't catch it! I was supposed to play today, but it was so windy last night I couldn't sleep and so I didn't go. Now there isn't any wind and DH will come home and rub it in that I didn't go! Oh well, I'm using the time to catch up here and put away more Christmas.

Pat, I spotted one on EBay, now I just have to rationalize spending 6 times as much money on one plate as I did for the other 3 together, when I just use them for tablescapes!!

Thanks everybody,
    TTFN,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Very pretty plates, Candy!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Those are lovely bird plates, Candy. I knew Karen would love the cardinal one for sure! They go really well with your plaid dishes--but I still hope your Debbie Mumm ones turn up too. ;o)

Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Those are so pretty and go great with your larger plates. Be sure and show us if you come across the other ones.
    Frou

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Oh gosh, I love, love, love those plates, Candy!!! The ornaments look great with your table, too. Just pack the whole thing up and send it to me, will you? TFS.
    Lynn

Sponsored
More Discussions