Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

New Charger/Plates & BDay Table

phonegirl
13 years ago

Didn't have to work this afternoon at the office so started cleaning one of the spare BR. Ran across some of DM old wrapping paper.hum should I keep in or throw it. So many neat designs and it's a little sentimental still! It's the kind that use to come in sheets all folded and packaged. Anyone remember that?

Well, I had these clear charges with purple centers in there that I never use so...cut out the Happy Birthday with all different colors, (thinking I could use any color of dishes and cp with them) brushed on some Mod Podge and applied them underneath. This project was fast and anyone could make them. You could also use wrapping paper under those clear ones Jeanne showed and throw it away and not have to store it.

The bonus is the price of wrapping paper compared to scapbooking paper. Or wouldn't it be neat to use clear plates and just cut some different centers to use under them? I know I will not be passing up any clear plates for awhile. What do you think? I have some to try but not now.lol

After I was done I decided to set a table for DSIL BDay on Friday. But as you know I got alot of chargers on sale after Christmas at Walmart. DH had painted a set of lavendar ones and they fit under the BDay plates. So I set a table using both.

For Christmas I received a white and also a green baking dish so used this for part of my cp. I should of used it for my lasagna but already had it in another dish.

Punk

Comments (10)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Wrapping paper. Of course!

And it's an easy way to insure you can get all the sheets you want (and at the length you want) in the same color/pattern.
    Thanks, Punk.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

You can't go wrong with purple ;o)
    And the centerpiece with the little geese is so sweet.
    Good idea on the wrapping paper!

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

punk...I got a Christmas plate gift like that a few yrs back...the gal mod-podged Christmas-y fabric on the back of a clear plate & then filled the plate w/homemade cookies...it was great! It was even hand-washable...don't know about wrapping paper w/mod-podge???

So your wheels are turning on this!! Love the look of your lavendar chargers w/those plates. Does all the "geese" have something to do with SIL's b'day????Just wondering! Pretty stemware & the grapes (or purple berries?) in the centerpc & in each napkin...looks good! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Punk, What a clever idea!!
    It really is a fun table.
    I love the centerpiece and the matching napkin rings.
    The little bears are cute too.
    NanaKaren

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OA, I only had part of a sheet so I cut out the BD. It might be interesting to see what it would cost to use a laminating machine to make some.

Thanks Karen, you do like purple. It was one of our school colors and I really like it in most shades. SIL is a hunter so I used the geese in the cp.

Jeanne, I only have the satin mod podge but I think I could buy the hard one and it would be washable. I will look for this next time I go to town.

I had traded a gal years ago for a couple plates and I don't think I ever used them. They were western. Haven't seen them so not sure where they ended up.

NanaK, DSIL is so laid back that he wouldn't care if the table was pink. Glad you enjoyed the cp and nr and bears.The one bear is all about oil changes so thought it would go for a man thing.

Thanks everyone for the comments and I may try covering a whole chg. today depending on what goes on.

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

I love this Punk. Purple is good and your creativity is endless.
    Thank you for adding in the grapes I'd been thinking about but no ambition to work on.
    I'm happy now. LOL
    Happy Birthday to DSIL.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

That made a nice celebration table for her birthday. Isn't if fun to use things in unexpected ways and just be able to enjoy them? Love how you always use lots of candlelight too. You always seem to have a matching set of silverware for your tables--was that planned or just a happy accident? ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

MM, thanks, glad you enjoyed this. I added the grapes for a little more purple on the table.

Luvs, I set this table for our Son In Law and they all showed up today so we celebrated. We have training next week so may spend the night and celebrate again down there on Fri.

I'm sure you thought the lavendar candles looked pink in the picture. I have several sets of colored flatware so it works out pretty well for my tables.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Punk great thinking on this one!
    I like the contrast with the purple, but I also like that you can use any color under and it will look different ea time.
    I did a project with my kids at school using the clear plates and mod podge..I used their photos and also scraps of wrapping paper or wall paper - which they collaged on...I like how you used the Birthday wrapping paper - very clever idea and it looks great.
    Your CP turned out very cute and I like all the touches with the candles. It gives your table a nice warm glow.
    Glad you got to celebrate with your DSIL today. He must have felt real special sitting at this table.

jane

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Great idea, Punk!

Sponsored
More Discussions