Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Fab finds and new DT hurricanes

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

Last weekend DH and I went junking, I found a few fab finds. The rose plates were the best, they are marked West Germany, I see a Valentine table in their future. The same for the cherub planter, it's from the 30's and it is one of my favorite time periods. (I don't know why, it was the height of the depression, but I love Art Deco). The little yellow hound will go with my other 80 animal planters in the kitchen (I have a hard time finding one I don't have). Ane the bottle will go on my bottle tree in the yard. While browsing at the DT I found the components for these hurricanes (remember the ones from last year?).

Frou

Comments (15)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, looks like you found some neat things while out shopping. I love your new plates and I'm sure you will set a beautiful Valentines table with them and the cherub planter. Darling yellow dog and the blue bottle will be pretty on your bottle tree!

Did you buy the hurricanes separately and knew they would go together like this? So happy for you and all your wonderful finds.

Punk

• leveta
    13 years ago

Love all the candle holders...

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk, when I was at DT and saw the components I knew this was what I wanted to do.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Great finds Frou..
    Love the cherub planter and those pretty rose plates..I agree, they're both perfect for VDay. I'll be looking to see how you use them. Now with 80 planters, I can understand why you can't find new ones!! That dog will fit in nicely with your collection.
    Great thinking on the hurricanes I like how they look alone and together, and you can't beat the price.
    You got some really neat things Frou...TFS.

jane

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Frou, those plates definitely scream Valentins' Day, can't wait to see your V Day table now!

I didn't see those at the DT, but our DT sucks, it definitely is not one of the better stocked ones around!

Great hurricane idea with them!

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Frou, What lucky finds. I like what you are doing with the hurricanes. The little cherub candle holder is so cute. I love, love, love those rose plates!! I can't wait to see them on your Valentine's table.
    NanaKaren

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Love those plates - so many possibilities - that little dog planter is so cute. I find myself going into DT and envisioning all the clear glass as repurposed pieces and stacked on each other - it is a sickness I tell ya - lol I know the sales people must think I am nuts turning a glass/vase upside down and sitting something on top and staring at it. TFS your great finds .....

Lynne

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

What great finds! Can't wait to see the valentine tables. I especially like the cherub planter. Darling!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Me too, frou...love the cherub planter...I like collecting those little boy/girl pastel vases (I've shown them here before)...& this little cherub one is so cute! Your little puppy planter is cute, too! Fits your kitchen so good, love that decor in there!

But your plates...wow, those will be great on a Val table! And that DS glass makes great lookin' hurricanes! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Very cool finds Frou! Love the plates and planter especially. And, what is DT?? My brain has drawn a blank.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Marlene - it is Dollar Tree :) I think we all get brain fade with these initials - for the longest time I didn't know what TS meant .....

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You really did find perfect items to use for a valentine's table! Your new candle holders, the little cherubs (so sweet) and those pretty rose plates--Wow!

Love the expression on your little yellow dog too! He will fit right in with your others. 80 of them huh? Now I'd say that's a collection for sure!

Jeannie, I always love your little kids planters too. So sweet.

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Those are neat. I love those plates!

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Frou, what some great finds! I'm seriously drooling over the rose plates.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Congratulations on a super score, Frou. Its always exciting to find something for a special collection, and the little yellow dog must've made your day.
    The rose plates are lovely. And the hurricanes you made
    look great.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions