Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

The rest of the Nutcrackers

christmascandy
13 years ago

Karen asked for a lineup of the rest of my nutcrackers that were scattered around the house, so here they are:

The large Santa in the middle came from Home Goods this year and has a music box in the base. The chef was also HG this year.

A close up of the golf nutcracker:

He came from Bombay Company in 2005. We don't have that store anymore, : (

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Well, aren't they just CUTIES!!! You do have a collection...Your new big Santa one sure has a cute face/beard! I love those you showed on your stairway earlier, too! Fun! Fun! TFS, candy! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

That golfer is a hoot. We have a couple of nutcrackers from Bombay too. I was sad to see it go out of business.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, so glad you posted the rest of you nutcracker collcection. You gals are going to get me into collecting nutcrackers if you keep this up. They are really growing on me.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Thank you, Candy. That Santa one is really done beautifully. (kicking myself for not getting to Home Goods during the Fall season. I so wanted to go there).
    That little Conductor one on the train is adorable! I've never seen one like that.

I got a couple of cute ones for Christmas, should have taken photos. My DDIL found me a sweet Mrs Santa one!

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Loving that little train guy--would be perfect for my retired engineer DH! Like Punk, you gals are going to have me looking for nutcrackers--and I do not need to do that! LOL

Luvs

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Candy,

Great collection! Like OA, I love the golfer. Those plaid pants crack me up.

I have given in--been collecting for a couple of years now. Unusual ones I have include a baseball and fisherman nutcracker. I only buy at thrift stores and yard sales, though, so my collection is not likely to rival any of yours...Still looking for a tennis nutcracker!

- Magpie

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, Your Nutcrackers are so cool!!!
    I like how you arranged them
    I enjoyed looking at the ones you posted earlier also.
    The golfer is a riot. How many do you have?
    NanaKaren

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I - will - NOT - start - another - collection - nope - won't - do - it. However I do have one that I really like - I will have to ask him if he is lonely - lol

Love your collection Candy - they fit into so many vignettes or look great gathered together - TFS ( I think) :) .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I'm still kickin' myself for not getting a "woodworker" one that DH & I saw at TJMaxx before Christmas. DH thought he was cute but his arms didn't move & he didn't play music...so he thought "why get him?" ...aaaacccck, I shouldn't have listened! Nutcrackers are just so darn cute whether they "move" or not! (I have 2 under family tree during Christmas). So I think your collections are GRAND, candy! Jeanne S.

• hubert_mueller_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Hey, your nutcrackers look just lovely. I appreciate the old nutcrackers very much because my ancestors were from the Erzgebirge where those are made. Every year I purchase one for Christmas and put it to my little collection (which isn't that little anymore).
    This is some kind of tradition now and my children love this. How many do you own?

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't know for sure, but probably more than 50. They are all different sizes from tiny to over 4' tall.
    Many are in my Christmas posts.
    Candy

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions