oldalgebra
12 years ago

I told you I'd be back.

Here's my latest.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chinese New Year Table

Comments (9)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

SOOO COOL!! Love the dragons, the red and all of your accessories! Very fun table....now all you need is the food!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

OA, your table is wonderful!!! Your creativity came shining through again. Who da thought an individual cereal box could become such a cute dragon head? Only You my dear.

Couldn't find Lucky Bamboo, no problem you figured it out and used Bamboo Garden Stakes. We've missed having you here sharing all your fun posts you come up with.

BTW, besides a napkin, I will need some flatware, please. Never could master chop sticks! DGD (age 6) loves to eat with them. But then her favorite place to eat is HuHot.

This was such a fun table. Hope we'll be seeing more of you.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Yes! I hope you were able to do 'take-out' ... if the cook was busy, that is! I really like how you did the banner up w/your 100 yr-old teacher supplies! (LOL!) And those bamboo garden sticks look great! What fun! Your cereal boxed fire-breathing dragoo is 'hot!' Love it! Looks like the GrKids' will have a great Chinese New Yr! Great bold colors... R&Blk! TFS, OA! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Not to worry, Marlene. We got takeout at Panda Express. I'm no cook, that's for sure!

Punk,
    I'm always amazed that little kids love Chinese food. It's coloring and texture is so different from our usual fare. Still, my granddaughters would eat it for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner.
    I don't live by a HuHut. Do they do the stir fry in front of you?

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

OA, they do grill your selection in front of you at HuHot. DGD and her dad go to HuHot while DD and I attend meetings. I've never eaten there but been to Benny Hanna's (one of DB's favorites) and I'm sure it's similar. Loved how they flip shrimp in your mouth while cooking.

Oh my old mind forgot to mention your 100 yr-old teacher supplies! Thanks Jeanne for the reminder. Lady, you crack me up and need to stay here and help entertain. U do very well for your age!!!

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Your TS have been missed OA - as well as You Too!! lol

I so enjoy seeing all your creative touches...
    You don't just DO tables - you do 'Works Of Art' and I love that!
    I'll bet your Gkids were thrilled with
    such a Fun Theme!...
    Love the '100 Yr Old' Banner...
    Your fabulous 'One Of A Kind' Dragon..
    Each Creative Placesetting...along with the
    3 Fortune Cookie Take Out Bxs...and -
    The fabulous Black and Red Hot Color Scheme!

Ahhh it's good to have you back - this was such fun!
    jane

• party_music50
    12 years ago

VERY cute dragon with the egg-carton eyes! :O)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

WELCOME BACK OA !!
    Another wonderful creation!! Your grand daughters must be thrilled.
    The table is so cheerful and bright..perfect for the Year of the Dragon.
    I'm lovin that Dragon.
    TFS and please don't stay away so long.
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Love the banner and the dragon. You are so darn creative! You put together a wonderful, pretty and fun tablescape. ;o)

Luvs

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions