Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Winter 'Winter Frost' Tablescape ...Brrrr! (pic heavy)

jeannespines
13 years ago

Today I put tog a t'scape with my Pfaltzgraff "Winterfrost" dishes that sit out on my counter over the holidays & winter mos...put them away in March...when Spring comes!

I bought these back in Dec. 03 ...a 4 place setting & then have added serving pcs until they were discont. in 2006...since then I've come across some pcs once in awhile like the goblets last yr at a TS...now I bit the bullet & bought a NIB 4 place setting on ebay...they came yesterday in great shape! I am so pleased!!!

Here's a close-up of place setting:

You can see why I would be drawn to them...the piney branches...the box they came in captures it all (from 2002):

"As the moon rises, there's a magical transformation in the snowy forest. Jack Frost has touched the wintry branches, giving them a sparkling iridescent shine in the moonlight. With a shimmering coating of crystal, darkened branches radiate gentle shades of blue and white, highlighted here and there with rosy berries. Paltzgraff has captured this enchanting scene in the new Winter Frost Collection, bringing a fresh, contemporary look to seasonal dinnerware."

Couldn't have said it better myself! LOL! Here's a close-up:

And the goblets ... along with some Sparkling Water in a beautiful blue bottle I will use in my gardens come Spring...a gift from a friend:

The holder is silver-colored (or plated, I don't know)...anyway, a GS or TS find this summer.

Here's the stainless flatware I got for Christmas ...Oneida "Tortola"...I really like it & it washes beautifully in the dishwasher! I worked & worked with napkins & decided to use them altho they are a bit "ivory" looking instead of more white like the "Winter Frost" (napkins purchased before Christmas clearance $5 for 4 at Kohls):

The napkin rings I bought shortly after buying the original dinnerware. S&P shakers were ebay finds last yr...reasonable, too...I shared them with you last March:

Here's a view that shows the centerpc & 3 of the place settings:

T'cloth I found at B,B&Beyond a few yrs ago...thought it would work so good with "Winter Frost" ...the blues are a bit diff ...but I like it:

At an after Christmas sale, I bought a couple berry/pine sprigs & used them in the centerpc...moved those pottery snowmen around (again)...I love 'em w/the "Winter Frost"...

...and "pinecone" candles:

Here's the polar bear peeking out ...part of the dip set...there's lots of extra pcs that can be added to this collection but since they are discont. I'll keep watching at TS's:

Hope you enjoyed! CHEERS! TFlookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (24)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh, Jeanne, this is absolutely charming. It's heavy (pottery like feeling as opposed to thinner china), yet delicate (brought about by the pattern). I love this so much. Even though the pieces seem to be from the same pattern, they don't look "matchy-matchy" like some do when the whole pattern is used at one time.

I think I've seen your snowmen before. Loved them then. Love them now. I see that your grapevine tree is lit in the corner.

I like the candles too. Whenever I buy candles that are a special shape, I never seem to be able to burn them down. I save them and save them, until I throw them out, still in one piece. Strange, huh?

Well, you've done a very nice, very inviting setting.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Just another very delightful place setting - everything co ordinates so well down the last detail. The snowmen are perfect as centerpieces - TFS .....

Lynne

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Jeanne, that is a beautiful set of dishes and I can see why you love them so much. Your table is so pretty and the snowmen are just perfect with your dishes. I like how you added the pinecone candles. Just a lovely table!

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Such a pretty table! The dishes and goblets are so delicate yet not fussy. I like the centerpiece you put together. That tall snowman looks like he standing over the fire to get warm! Your photos have such a nice light to them.

Pat

• blizlady
    13 years ago

Gorgeous!

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Your woodland pieces go together so well in your home, even you snowmen looks rather "woodsy" with their brown accents.

Your entire decor is so cozy & peacful!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, love this table setting. Your dishes are wonderful and that little bear coming around the bowl is darling. The s & p shakers look like they are pearlized. Stems are so pretty too.

Your snowman cp is perfect for this setting and like Pat said, "That tall snowman looks like he standing over the fire to get warm"! I reaaly like your napkin rings!

I'm always impressed with your warm and inviting tables and pictures.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I want to borrow all of OA's words (including how I can't burn pretty candles. LOL)
    This setting is absolutely beautiful, and those dishes are TDF. No wonder you love them. Just the polar bear and bowl would steal my heart!

Please, please, do not get me started on wanting some of these. I can't buy dishes. Can NOT buy dishes.
    (Hear that KAREN!! NOT!)

This may be one of my favorite tables you've done, I love
    every single thing. The Snowmen centerpiece is wonderful.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, holiday-ers....

I had fun doing this table (well, EXCEPT for ironing the t'cloth & napkins! tee hee)!

OA & PMoon...yup, I've learned to go ahead & burn the candles...I've been known to burn candles at both ends (when I had more energy!) ... so I just usually buy "bargain" candles!...that way I don't mind.

punk...yes, those individual place setting S&P shakers are kind of "pearlized" ... kind of like "giving them a sparkling iridescent shine in the moonlight" like the Pfaltzgraff box said about the dinnerware.

I did use these snowman last yr in March to show you all these dishes before I put them away...was fun this yr to try diff ideas after being on this forum for a little over a yr now. Here's a pic from before:

Thanks again for commenting...appreciated! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I'm late getting to this post Jeanne. Don't know how I missed it before--sure would have been my loss if I had missed it. I too love your dishes, such a soft wintery feel to them and the polar bears in the bowl and peeking around the bowl are too cute. I like the tablecloth you found with those snowflakes on it--goes perfectly for this table. My favorite thing has to be the snowmen centerpiece. I like how you used the berries and pine cone candles with them. Love it all! Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm late too. Those dishes just scream Jeanne. And of course you listened and put them to good use. The little polar bears are precious, you need my polar bear planter. I never see any pretty pottery around here, snowman or otherwise, so I really enjoy seeing yours.
    Frou

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Ooooo. I like that big serving bowl in the last picture.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, luvs, frou & OA ...

That big bowl sits on top of my fridge during holiday season & winter...I like to use it as a "punch bowl" for family Christmas:

When Pfaltzgraff starts discontinuing their patterns (which seems often to my dismay!)...the serving pcs go on sale...I think I found the bowl at a Tues Morn or maybe TJMaxx store in another town some yrs back...never had pd full price for any of dinnerware & serving pcs...but I now made up for it adding the NIB 4-place setting...hard to find "cheap" prices anymore! LOL!

I did get "stung" last yr on Goodwill.com...bid on 8 bowls & when got them the inside finish was all scratched, worn & some crackled! UGH! They will be a mosaic project one day!LOL! TF-commenting! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Just beautiful! All the right touches make it very warm and inviting! Love the centerpiece too. A very lovely table, J. Thanks for showing us! I agree about burning the candles. What are we saving them for??

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Such a beautiful winter table! So many pretty pieces to your set and lots to look at and oooohhh and aaaahhhh over....just gorgeous! And it looks so inviting too.

• party_music50
    13 years ago

I LOVE your new tablesetting!!! and wish I had such pretty things. I always put my energy into the food though. lol!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Jeanne..sorry I'm late to respond here..it's been a hectic day, but I must say when I looked at your tablesetting..it gave me such a peaceful feeling. I was prepared (by the title) to get the feeling of 'brrr', but was pleasently surprised. This is all 'warm glow' and just lovely.
    The pattern of your dishes and glassware is so delicate and so pretty. The mirrored stars, the cute snowmen and the adorable polar bear are all perfect accents.
    The picture by candle glow is of 'magazine quality'!
    You're very talented and I love it all.

jane

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I totally agree with what everyone has said. Marylee

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I'm late too. Ditto to what everyone else has said!! It's cool how different the same dishes can look with different accessories. I like both tablescapes. NanaKaren

• jaybird
    13 years ago

The dishes are beautiful, the table is amazing.......
    I am in love with the snowmen...
    Thanks for posting,
    J

• jaybird
    13 years ago

My apologies for the wacky title...it wouldn't accept PS and I'm back with questions...
    Do the snowpeople have any markings? Where would a person look for something similar???
    Yep, I am the world's worst copycat...
    Many thanks,
    J

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Jeanne,
    Sorry, I thought I had posted on this beautiful table, but I guess I just had good intentions, : (
    Everything is so lovely and it doesn't give off a Brrr vibe at all.
    Last March's table was wonderful also, but this one is even more beautiful.
    I have trouble making myself burn unique candles, but those pinecones sure look wonderful as they warm up your snowmen.
    You did a lovely job putting it all together and it really shows. Kudos to you.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, holiday-ers! ...appreciate your comments...am glad my t'scape brought you warmth...did me, too... it's 0 here tonight & supposed to be -14 tomorrow night...BRRRRR!

jaybird...all 3 snowmen were bought diff yrs at diff places...I think I got the bigger chubby snowman at a "Ben Franklin" store (a dime store variety used to be called)...both the chubby snowman had "Made in China" little gold stickers on the bottom.

The tall slender snowman with the cool top hat has no markings...he also has a couple brownish pine tree branches & pinecones at the bottom front of him. I don't remember where I got him...am guessing about 10 yrs. ago...sorry, not much help. Just keep ckg TS's, GW's, & specialty shops, etc. & one may pop up for you!
    Jeanne S.

I tried to Google "chubby snowman" & came across this action rhyme that I am familiar with...took me back to "working days" ...tee hee:

Chubby Snowman

There was a chubby snowman
    And he had a carrot nose (put fist to nose like carrot)
    Along came a bunny (2 fingers up for ears)
    And what do you suppose (hands on hips)
    The hungry little bunny (rub tummy)
    Was looking for his lunch (hand to forehead, looking)
    He grabbed that snowman's carrot nose
    NIBBLE! NIBBLE! CRUNCH!! (Pretend to eat carrot)

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Thank you so much Jeanne...now I have a mission ;^)
    I LOVE the poem...I'm going to forward it to my granddaughters...they will laugh!!
    I appreciate your time to answer my crazy questions!!
    J

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions