Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

January Tables

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

My daughter wanted me to do a birthday table for her Jan BD.

She doesn't live near me so she just gets to look at these.

I chose to use white and garnet(Jan birthstone). The napkin rings and candle holders are from the Avon Cape Cod Collection from the 1980's. The Franciscan stemware Desert Rose pattern was a gift from my MIL. The ramekins came from my grandmother. I used carnations because they are January's flower.

I was so intrigued by Kathleen's white table that I wanted to do one. It is very simple. I used what I had except for the fresh tulips. I like the way the sun light filters across the table, perfect for a special birthday luncheon. Happy birthday Honey even if it's a little early!!

NanaKaren

Comments (16)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

How pretty! That's sweet your daughter gets a birthday table even tho she doesn't live close to sit at it. I'm sure it made her feel special. I loved that your ramekins came from your grandmother! Inherited pieces deserve to be seen and enjoyed, and I think most all of us here really love the stories of "old things".

The tulips are beautiful and really set off the whole white theme with their vibrant green stems.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Must be the mo. of DD's b'days! I have one DD & one DGD to celebrate! What a special table for your long-distance celebration! Beautiful! She is pretty special!!!

Like PMoon, I love to hear the "stories" behind the decor, too...very pretty stemware! Carnations looks really nice, too! And your white table, well, there's just something so beautiful about white...& those tulips just make it very special! TFS, nana...hope you are learning more & more about posting pics! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Hey. I love it that she asked for a table even though she's far away. How sweet that she asked, how wonderful that you responded so quickly.

Now, do tell. What's the story on the giant snowflake plates?

Love the tulip coming out of the napkin. Nice touch!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

You didn't even mention the beautiful plates and they are my favorite. The tulips are lovely and the little balls on the bottoms of the glassware glow as if they were lighted. Very pretty, the white is wonderful.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Nana, I think both of your tables are beautiful. Love all the dishes and the stems in the first ones are so pretty. Did you paint them? Your white table pictures are so neat the way the dishes look lighted. Fresh flowers are a nice touch. I too enjoyed your story. When is DD's BDay?

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I have to add more Jan. birthdays...LOL.
    One of my granddaughter's is the 25th, and my
    DDIL is the 28th. My late Mom's was the 20th.
    When she was alive, we'd celebrate all three together
    and have a big family party. Granddaughter now lives
    out of state and we haven't seen her in several years.
    I miss the triple birthday parties we had.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Both of your tables are really nice. What a neat plate in the first one with that big raised snowflake design. Is there a story behind where they came from maybe? And the way the little balls on the stemware is lit up makes it look even prettier than the usual. I too think it is wonderful that your DD wanted you to do a special table in honor of her birthday! Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Nana..both your tables are just lovely..
    How sweet to do a 'long distance' table in her honor.
    I'm sure she loves it.
    I love your dishes and stems on the first table. That large raised white pattern is amazing and the pattern on the stems are so delicate. I remember the Cape Cod Collection from the 80's. I once received the Red Bell as a gift . The ramekins from your DGM are also lovely..and how special to have.
    Your white table is like a 'Breath of Fresh Air' ! I Love it with the tulips. Is that Heisey lariat glassware?
    I have one votive holder in that pattern..My DM had several pieces...It's lovely the way the light hits it and just perfect for this tablesetting.
    I'm looking forward to hearing more about all your lovely pieces too.

jane

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I always forget to mention something..I got those plate at a little $ plus store in my town. I believe they were $1.25 ea.
    There were just a few dinner plates and mugs left the dessert plates were sold out.
    Punk, DD's birthday is Jan. 20. I guess I'll be doing a few more BDay tables this year [like 8 LOL].
    Thanks for lookin.
    NanaKaren

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

I am in love with both tables but especially the one with the Candlewick glassware. I inherited a few pieces from my grandmother and have been adding to it from Ebay and estate sales. Now I see I really need the candle holders as yours sparkle and shine so beautifully! You have me thinking about doing up a Candlewick tablescape myself. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy Birthday to DD!

Kath

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That is so pretty! The beads around the candle holders etc look like they are lit up.
    Love the fresh flowers too! Never tire of them!
    I hope dd enjoyed her special table, it is lovely!

• elmaly
    13 years ago

Beautiful, NanaK. I'm sure your darling daughter loves it!! Clever that you thought to use the birthstone colors and the flower for the month.

The all white one is lovely. I have really become of fan of the white tulips, they are so elegant.

XOXO

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

I looove the white on white especially. How wonderful that you've done something so special for her.
    From one Jan baby to another, happy birthday to your DD. :)

• yachter123
    13 years ago

The all white is my favorite, love the napkin fold & the tulip, the entire table is so elegant.

What a nice way to share in your DD's birthday via the internet!!!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Nana, both tables are beautiful. I like how the beads on the candlesticks and glasses seem to be glowing on the second table.
    Those large white snowflake plates are perfect and you can use them all winter!

I hope your DD appreciates the tables.

TFS,
    Candy

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

What a sweet idea for your DD! I love both your tables, Nana. The stemware on the first is so pretty, but that second table is flat-out gorgeous! I've always been a fan of "White-on-White" and think that your table, with it's distinctive glassware and those white tulips, is perfection!
    Lynn

Sponsored
More Discussions