Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Decorating with 'Trouble'

Purplemoon
13 years ago

In another post, NanaK asked if Jazz was being good about my winter decor.

Well he decided to take a nap in the bay window, among the cardinals.

Now looking at this "sweet, sleepy, orange face"....wouldn't you think he was

being awfully good?

NOT.

This past week he broke two SPECIAL things. They aren't replaceable as

I bought them a few years ago and doubt I'll ever see either one again!! He was

running across the family-room hearth and took out one of my FAVORITE Hares!

I guess I was lucky in that, tho the ears broke off, they did so cleanly and in just

one piece. I glued them back and did a little paint touch up, and the Hare survived

his encounter with 'Trouble'! But I was NOT happy about this.

See the small curio in the middle of the photo? (taken during last Fall) For the first time ever, he got on top of it and knocked off my beautiful bronze statue of a Fairy on a Unicorn. WHY did he suddenly want on top of this one? He sleeps on top of my great big one that the Painted Ponies are usually in (or my Xmas village).

I was really upset that the statue was shattered beyond repair, and I'll probably never see one like it again.

So finding 'Trouble' sleeping in the bay window with all the glass stuff did not make me happy about

it, even tho he was very careful and broke nothing. He is not my favorite cat right now! And probably never will be. LOL. He hasn't broken anything in a very long time and this better not better set the tone for this year!

hugs, Karen

Comments (11)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Oh gosh, that is not good when he's breaking your special treasures! He obviously feels that it's HIS house and he can go wherever he wants. How about some moth balls or something he wouldn't like the smell or feel of on top of your cabinets to keep him off there? He sure does look sweet in that window--and he fit himself right in between the pretties you have there! ;o)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ahhhh...the look of pure innocence! That 1st pic tells it all...why are you telling such stories on "Trouble!" Can't you see that she (PM) is making it all up! Ahhhhhh, look at that curled up kitty-cat! Who could ever think anything naughty about Trouble! LOL, PM! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Trouble has really been making trouble, hasn't he? You've got to wonder what goes through their minds when they do something so out of character....silly puss.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I remember a cat my friend had that walked the length of a shelf, swinging its paw at each Hummel figurine it came to in order, and, or course, broke everyone. Swat, swat, swat, swat, swat. Happened so fast, my friend didn't have time to get to him.
    STILL, she loved that cat with all her might. What's a cat owner to do? Cats rule!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Hah, just like little kids, they look so innocent and angelic when they are sleeping, and then they wake up.....
    Sorry to hear about your "troubles with Trouble."

Well, it does give you an excuse to continue to go to TS's and the Antique Mall, LOL

Hang in there,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Guess he was too good for so long it got boring...
    He felt 'Invisible'...and needed some 'Negative Attention' Now he's got it.....
    you're watching him like a hawk, as he snoozes among your treasures!
    Smarty Cat...

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Oh man, this is sad. Wish we knew why they do what they do. Sometimes it does make one wonder why we love them so much. He looks so sweet lying in the window.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jazz has been one of the most rowdy, pain in the butt cats I've ever owned in my life. Our first year together (he was 8 mon. old when I adopted him) was a rough one on my things and my nerves. He was on top of everything and into everything and got dubbed the Orange Tornado. I was ready to take him back. But the second year he settled down to where nothing got broken at least. And he wasn't using my decorations as his personal toy pile, so he got a lot of points on that one. I think in another life, he must've been a barn cat, LOL. He's so darn active, wants to climb, and would sell his little orange soul to get some birds. But he's stuck with being a housecat, tho does have a kitty door out to a small covered "cat pen".
    The rescue group lady said she found him near a dumpster when he was just about 6 wks old, so he really wasn't raised any way but inside. He's just a brat.

By the way, in my previous post on my winter decor, I added a close-up photo of my cardinal candleholder that I think is so neat.

hugs, Karen

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Maybe he's trying to live up to his name, is it time for a name change?

How about "good boy"!! LOL

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm glad you were able to salvage your hare. I don't have any cats to break anything,( my dog child couldn't break anything over 10 inches off the floor) but when you have as much stuff as we have something bound to get broken. At Thanksgiving my great nephew broke one of a pair of green crystal candle holders. Everyone thought I would be more upset than I was, after-all it's only stuff and it's not like we won't collect some more.
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

LOL, Karen!! I had a feeling when I asked that Jazz was up to no good. He wants you to know who's boss, doesn't he??
    NanaKaren

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company
More Discussions