Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We actually ate at a table!

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 28, 12 at 17:42

I made homemade Chicken Pot Pies for supper last night. Since I used the individual chicken casserole dishes I had purchased at Home Goods a while back, I decided to set a table we could eat at!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I used the napkin rings I bought in 2010 and repainted, the Bordallo green chicken dinner plates and some white chargers.

The casseroles have a lid, but since the pies had a top crust, I didn't use it, just set it on here for the photo!

The chicken in the CP is one I made in ceramics decades ago.

I decided to set the table at the last minute, so it is very simple, but that made it easier to clean up too, LOL.

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We actually ate at a table!

Gee did you ONLY make 2 ?
I love Ckn Pot Pie and your's look sooooo yummy and just right for a cold winter night!
Cute TS...LOVE the Bordallo plates and your Ckn Casseroles not to mention your adorable Ckn NpRings and Ckn CP!
For a last minute table - you did a super job and I'd love to be sitting there enjoying some of that Ckn Pot Pie!
TFS even though it's ONLY your Pics!! lol
jane

o

Candy, Cute table with your chicken casserole dishes. I'm with Jane, I love ck pot pie and yours is very appealing. Such a cute ck cp too. I'm so glad you ate at one of your ts. Unless it's a Holiday or big meal, we eat at the bar.

Of all the dishes I have, still no gr, pink or yellow Bordallo plates like these. I always enjoy seeing everyone eles tho. I didn't know you repainted the napkin holders but I'm not surprised!

I see some Valentine decor in the back that looks pretty neat. Hope you'll be sharing that soon.

Punk

o

Well, that's wonderful that you both shared your table tonight! Place-settings are just right ...not too overdone for you DH ... & the ck pot pie looks delish! Like that little casserole cover. Your ceramic hen centerpc fits right in ... & not in the way for anyone! Pretty napkins, too. TFS, candy! Jeanne S.

o

What a pretty table and why great looking pot pies!

o

Very pretty table, Candy. The green Bordallo plates, chicken napkin rings and Ceramic hen are perfect with the chicken pot pies, which look delicious, by the way!
Nana

o

Bet that was fun to get to use all your cute chicken items. Your pot pie looks so good, lots of crust just the way I like it! Yum! Did your DH have any comments or was he only interested in the food? LOL

Luvs

o

Mmmmmm....I LOVE chicken pot pie! Yours look so pretty in your chicken casserole dishes too. Love the simplicity of your table...your plates are gorgeous!

o

Thanks everybody!

DH's response was "We have a table??" LOL
I think he actually enjoyed sitting down to eat at the table. We usually only do that when we have company, so this was a unique experience, although he could see the TV from where he was sitting!!

The pot pies were pretty good if I do say so myself. Nice comfort food on a cold night.

Since I only found 2 of the green chicken plates, this was perfect because there aren't enough for a full table, and I only bought 2 of the casseroles as they were at Home Goods and kind of pricy. I do have plenty of the napkin rings though.

Normally we eat in front of the TV, so it was kind of a pleasant change.

Thanks again everybody,

TTFN,
Candy

o

Sweet table, Candy. And pretty darn amazing you got DH away from the TV. I haven't tried that in a LONG time. LOL.
Maybe there's hope yet.

hugs, Karen (your cyber sister-in-law)

o

Your picture actually made my stomach growl! Great looking chicken pot pies! I'm not sure where you found your two green chicken plates but I saw something similar at Tuesday morning (I purchased one rabbit plate that could be it's "cousin" with the intention of using it for an Easter display).

o

Neesie, the Pinheiro Bordallo company does have the full set of rabbit dishes like Candy's plate. I have them in green, and 3 pieces in lavender. They make their dishes in 5 colors. I found mine piece by piece at Ross and TJ Max and Marshalls. Ebay has them but shipping is so high as they are super heavy!
I just use mine for display by the way, love them.

Bordallo Pinheiro rabbit dishes, The Bordallo pieces come in several colors. Lavender, yellow, pink, and blue, as well as the green I favor. They also have many different patterns, including turkey ones in a harvest gold color. The white cup in front, and the rabbit jam jar are vintage pieces by Haldon, Majolica pieces. By the way, these dishes heavy like ironstone and meant to be used, I just prefer to display mine.  They are all over eBay, but shipping too expensive due to how heavy they are.  I've added to my collection piece by piece from TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods over the years.Plus they arer quite inexpensive there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here