Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

OT Blog question

Marlene Kindred
12 years ago

Hi all~

I love seeing all of the blog posts here and I'm wondering how you go about finding all of these cool blogs? Is there a "blog search" or something or am I just thick headed? I know you can go from one blog to another by clicking on the linked blogs, but how do you find them to begin with????

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks~

Marlene

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

IDknow, Marlene...purplemoon will probably be an expert for an answer ... I've mostly found blogs that were recommended by others or on someone's blog site that had bloggers following them. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Start with 'Cuisine Kathleen'...it's Kathleen's Blog..from there, you will see
    many-many bloggers and (followers) on there...and on each of their blogs -
    are other bloggers...it goes on and on and on!! You can actually get lost in 'Blog World' and they
    all have fabulous ideas.
    Hope this is helpful to you Marlene!
    jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Marlene, I check 3 blog parties regularly. Between Naps on the Porch hosts one on Mondays (Metamorphis Monday) and Thursdays Tablescapes. You see her own posts and she does a zillion photos before you see all the thumbnails from others posting. I usually scroll thru most of her own pictures cause she takes so many of the same thing, and go right to the party part to see everyone else's. Any thumbnails that interest me, I click on and open to see. On Tues, Marty (Stroll thru Life) has table vignettes, which I love. When I looking at others thumbnails who join these parties, I often find bloggers who really interest me and I save the link to their blogs to check regularly. Also a few months ago, a gal started the Big Blogroll, where you can find all bloggers and what they are posting. So I check it all the time too. Here is the link to it. You don't have to join it, just scroll down and you'll see the bloggers listed.
    Of course I have Kathleen, and any of our own gang bookmarked too.
    Other bloggers host parties too, so when there is a mantel one or a cloche one, I'll all over it fast. LOL

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: big blogroll

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Here is Marty's link, and tonight you can see the thumbnails for all the ones posting for Tabletop Tues.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stroll thru Life blog

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

And here is the link for BNOP. On Sunday nights, and Wed. nights, you can see the thumbnails for her two parties...
    Metamorphis Monday and Tablescape Thurs.

Link is for last Thurs. table settings. Remember to keep scrolling as the thumbnails sometimes can be far down depending on how many pix of her own she posts.

Here is a link that might be useful: tablescapes last Thurs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Forgot, last night Metamorphis Mondays part BNOP did.

Oh, one thing that threw it first on BNOP and finding her thumbnails, is they are no longer on her first page when she posts. After a picture or two of her's, then typed in PALE orange and hard to see, it says "continue reading here"
    for the rest of the article and pix. Well that is where the thumbnails are!! The little orange link is just above the very noticable click ons for her tweets, Pinterests, etc. But I wish she'd lose the pale orange that is almost impossible to see and use a darker color.

She takes amazing photos of her own things, and the only reason I tend to scroll past most is I personally don't want to see the same thing in 12 different shots no matter HOW GOOD the photography. But that's just me. I love her blog, so don't get me wrong about that part.

Probably more info on your thread than you wanted tonight, LOL.
    hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Metamorphis Monday on BNOP

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

I just started by finding something that interested me on a blog which to another then another until I realized i had spent a full looking all of the creativity out there. I have a page on my blog that lists all of the blog parties I link to each week. I have them listed by day. If you just click one link for each day you will find a plethora of other blogs to follow. Hope this helps you.
    Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Blogs I usually link to by day

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Thanks, Jane and Karen, I appreciate your support and kindness.
    So many blogs, so little time! :)

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I knew you ladies would know the answers! Thanks so much for the help...now I can promptly get lost....but, first I have to go and get a towel as I know much drooling is to follow. ;-D

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Marlene, got your towel?LOL I wish I had more time to browse. I love it that Karen shares so many neat things she comes across with us.

I'm also thankful that Kathleen and Kath share there sites with all of us. Love it that Karen even shares Kathleen's link at times.

Punk

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions
More Discussions