Christmas, 2014

swest2_gw
9 years ago

Our kitchen

Comments (15)

• swest2_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I made these. Thought they turned out real cute.

• swest2_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wrapped books in plaid paper. Very colorful.

• swest2_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Placemats from William Sonoma. Love, love, love. They are hard so will last a long time.

• swest2_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cute little bird.

• swest2_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cute little bird.

{{gwi:2132923}}

• swest2_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Coffee station

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Lovely Christmas decorations. Everything looks very Festive...right down to youe cute Coffee Station !. I love what you'd did with the books...
    Very clever idea and also with the pictures. Did you use Christmas cards
    and wrapping paper then mount them? I'll have to keep this idea in mind for nex year...
    TFS
    jane

• swest2_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I wanted to try to use things that I already had and had seen a picture of books with plaid covers. (I always use plaid wrapping paper because it is so easy to cut because of the grid pattern. So I had plenty on hand.) Yes, you a right about the pictures, that's exactly what I did. My husband thought they were great and made a point of showing them to everyone. The figurine with the coffee station was made by my MIL years ago. She is no longer with us, so the little Santa in his sweater is a holiday nod to her.

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Love seeing your Christmas decor, 2west.
    the pictures are terrific so clever!!
    Such a nice way to remember nice to remember your MIL by displaying the little Santa she made.
    Nana

• juellie1962
    9 years ago

I'm new to this Holiday forum....yours are the first pictures I've looked at. VERY nice; I love color at Christmas.

• woodrose
    9 years ago

sweast2, very pretty Christmas decor ! I love all the red, very cheerful.
    juellie1962, welcome to the board ! I hope you will keep coming back. There are wonderful people and great decorating ideas here !

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Your 'plaid' motif in your decor is wonderful, swest! Those books are just adorable ... love that idea! & those plaid placemats ... charming & a great find! Looks like a festive time @ your home...TFSharing! ~~Jeanne

• luvstocraft
    9 years ago

My favorite is your book vignette, so colorful and pretty! Great idea on the coffee station, such cute pieces. You found lovely cards to frame, I've also seen someone use the design on a gift bag in a frame too, but keep forgetting to do it myself. Everything looks so pretty, and it makes it extra special when we have special pieces that remind us of the loved one or friend who gave it to us.

Luvs

• yachter123
    9 years ago

The holiday coffee station is a neat idea & I like the red checked flatware. I can never find any really cute & different flatware.

Also love, love, love your red lantern in the book vignette! Lately I've become obsessed with lanterns! Love all your plaid too.

Sponsored
More Discussions