Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekdweller_gw

Valentine Decor

creekdweller
12 years ago

Not much but that's about all it's going to be.

Karen you have those beautiful portraits of your Mother and Daddy, maybe you could come up with a memeory of them....

Creek

Here is a link that might be useful: Valentine

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

creek...I took one of your pics & am putting it in here:

I esp like the wreath on your brick:

You are lucky to have the photos of your parents when they were young & the prized framed possession of your Mom's! Your Valentine mantle looks very pretty w/the white linen & the red cardinals. TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Creek,
    I love how your Valentine Mantel looks and I
    especially love how your honored your parents there too.
    They're so young and such a good looking couple.
    I love old family pictures like that.
    They are true treasures to have.
    I have a wall of old family photos on my stairway... Years ago, I had an Aunt who knew everyone...she gave me all the names in each old photo. I wrote them on the back. I figure one day when I'm gone, perhaps my family will keep them because of the names and the connecton to who they were.
    TFS yours.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Wonderful, Creek. Like the others said, the family photos are such treasures. They look really good with your Val mantel decor! (I see you love Cardinals too!!)

Thanks for remembering the portraits of my folks, that is so sweet of you. I think maybe I will try to put some hearts around those! I appreciate you giving me that idea!
    In fact you just opened my eyes to something about Valentine's, it doesn't have to be all about romance...its about LOVE!! I have plenty of that in my heart!
    (I think you just did something special for me, my Val decorations aren't going to be leaving afterall. Thank You for the "lightbulb moment"!)

I haven't forgotten about emailing, time just seems to pass me right by at high speed and I get nothing done somehow.
    Hope your Daddy is doing as well as possible. Prayers continue for all of you.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Creek it's wonderful that you are honoring your parents this way.
    It's true isn't it that Valentine's Day is about love?
    Your Dad is blessed to have you and your DH to care for him at this time in his life.

Off topic a bit. did you get your new Bedroom set?
    Nana

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Creek, beautiful job decorating your mantel! Ditto to what the others said already.

Punk

• creekdweller
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone...I kind of borrowed Mama's pictures and birds.
    Except the big red one I just bought.

Nana, weather permitting, I am suppose to get it tomorrow......I am so excited. I got the room repainted and completely cleaned out.

Creek

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Great looking mantle! Love the family pictures and your cardinals look great there too!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Creek, I'm so excited for you, your BR furniture should arrive today. Please share pictures when you have it set up and have time.

Punk

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Very pretty mantel. Those cardinals are beauties! Yes, valentine's don't have to be a spouse, my DGK's and DD's are my valentines too.

Very nice tribute to your parents.

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County
More Discussions