Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

piano for winter

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

I didn't do my mantel for winter, but I want to share this

lovely tray that a Christmas gift.

The mirror and Candlestick lamps belonged to my DGM. The photo is a picture of her as a young woman.

Thanks for Looking

Nana
{{gwi:1405077}}From 2012-01-21 (by Eye-Fi)
{{gwi:1405078}}From 2012-01-21 (by Eye-Fi)
{{gwi:1405079}}From 2012-01-21 (by Eye-Fi)

From 2012-01-21 (by Eye-Fi)

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh that is a lovely display on your piano! Your new plate is quite beautiful & looks great on the crocheted (?) runner...which is gorgeous! Cardinals add to the reds! I love, love the framed pic of your DGM ...what an heirloom! Precious! Candlestick lamps are beautiful, too & that mirror...priceless possessions! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, thanks for sharing this wonderful winter setting in your home with us. Love your new tray you received as a gift. The runner is so pretty. Did you crochet it?

Sweet you have DGM beautiful mirror and lamps displayed in your home. What a beautiful picture of her too. Lotta love in that room!

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Love the tray you received and your piano display is lovely. I especially like the picture of your grandmother...very charming!

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Pretty platter and I love the photo of DGM!!
    Your display is lovely.
    Pretty piano too!!

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

The display is so pretty (and you know how I love cardinals!), but that portrait of your DGM just took my breath away. It is so beautifully posed. Honestly, if I'd seen that in the antique mall, I'd have bought it and claimed her as 'mine'. ;o) What a wonderful keepsake it is, and one of the most special vintage portraits I think I've seen. Can you tell I love the setting? LOL

Thank you for sharing with us, and for the smile you gave me.
    hugs, Karen

• watsonair
    12 years ago

What a beautiful set up you have there, and a beautiful picture!

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone. I think the tray [I meant to say platter] is lovely and I hated to put it away.
    The runner is actually 3 crocheted doilies. I don't remember where I got them.
    My Dad found this picture of my DGM packed away after she died. I am thrilled to have it.
    It should be repaired, but I like it just as it is.
    Since I use many of her things in tablescapes I wanted to introduce her.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana...you created such a lovely vignette on your Piano and the mirror above complments is all.
    The runner with the lamps on either end, those red cardinals and the colorful platter are so striking. I see I'm not alone in my feelings about that photo of your DGM..how BEAUTIFUL! Such a wonderful treasure to have.
    I think she'd feel so honored that so many of her things are still being enjoyed by you and especially her picture too!
    jane

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Love it all. I am into crochet big time right now. It was Mama's past time and she always had something she was working on. So, I guess I feel close to her with my crochet. The mirror and poinsettia platter are gorgeous.

Nana, I got my furniture. As soon as I can get some pics I'll post them. I am very pleased with the furniture. Especially since it was from Craig's list and CHEAP. Sometime, if you hit the right time and the right person, you can get some really good stuff.

Love, Love , the picture of your Mother. That is priceless!

Creek

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

It's lovely, Nana. How wonderful to have that picture!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions