Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Help, Help, and Help Again.

oldalgebra
13 years ago

Remember the corner up high in my kitchen? I'm STILL trying to settle on some decorative elements.

Here is a red coffee grinder. I can move it around so the grinder (instead of the wheel) faces forward.

I'm thinking of adding one of two burlap sacks with coffee labels. I just can't think of anything else. The high angle makes it so difficult. Little things don't show up at all

I'm not so hot when it comes to creating vignettes, but I know many of you are. I can't "see" things like you can.

Please give suggestions.

Comments (5)

• party_music50
    13 years ago

OA, I have a similar situation with my kitchen cupboards. I adjust for the height/sight problem by raising pieces up as required to see them. I usually use either very thick rigid foam sheets or pieces of wood as a platform and place smaller items closer to the viewing edge.

I like the grinder and love your idea of using burlap coffee sacks!

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have raised the grinder up on two blocks to make use of most of the height. I'm glad you like the idea of burlap coffee sacks. I think I can even fake the sacks and put my own labels on them. Who's to know?
    Still, I feel it needs more. But maybe not? What do you think?
    If it were on the counter, I'd use coffee cups, but they'd never been seen way up there.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

How about one of those old big enamel coffee pots? Got one of those around...I have a white one w/red trim on the lid edge.

I love the burlap bag idea ... you could even use jute or bailing twine to tie the top of the bags...a couple of 'em standing up & leaning on each other off to the left of the grinder.

Or how about those metal round plate thing-y's that used to go over the holes in old chimneys above the cookstoves & such ...you could make your own label on one of those, too...they're like dinnerplate size.

Do you like prairie grasses? Some dried grasses would look great up there mingled back up & some peeking thru the wheel...maybe in an enamel pot or dishpan (white w/red trim would be great!)

I LOVE your kitchen cupboards/headroom/etc. ... so lovely! You will come up w/ something GREAT, I know! Jeanne S.

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

OA, I absolutely LOVE your old coffee grinder. I like the idea of the coffee sacks. I like the idea of an old enamel coffee pot or maybe an old oil lamp with some ivey twined around. I"m sure you will come up with something great; you always do such great tables. Janet

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Love the coffee grinder and the idea of burlap coffee sacks - I am going to really go out on a limb here but last year Walmart had really big coffee cups and saucers for decorative flower pots - I would poke around and see if they have them again - I know garden stuff is starting to show up in all the stores - for the coffee lover in all of us one can never have too big of a cup of coffee :D

there is one part way down on this blog .....

Lynne

Here is a link that might be useful: really large coffee cup planter