Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Another great gift

luvstocraft
9 years ago

The same sweet friend/neighbor also brought over two sweet Easter tablecloths, one round the other oval.

I was admiring them when a lightbulb moment occurred to me. I had recently bought a set of six light teal plates at the TS because I liked the color and the set was only $6.00.
Sure enough, the plates are perfect for this tablecloth.

Is my sweet friend on my wave length or what? And isn't she a doll for seeing if I like things before she donates them?

Luvs

Comments (18)

• woodrose
    9 years ago

Looks like a perfect match to me ! I love the color of your plates, and the tablecloths are beautiful.
    Good neighbors and friends are priceless !

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Luvs I have that same Tablecloth. I use it every year
    Your plates are a lighter color than mine
    I'll try to remember to use it with my aqua plates.
    We should do a table challenge using our matching tablecloths!!
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LOL that would be fun Nana. Remind me when we get closer.

These plates were such a good deal at $5.99 for six and 10% senior discount too. Guess it was just meant to be!

Woodrose77, you are so right. I know I am so blessed to have neighbors that have become good friends and others that I know are there for me if I ever needed anything.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Love the tablecloth and your new plates Luvs! If this is
    the same neighbor that brought you the Snowies, she's
    A keeper for sure!

Luvs and Nana, I have some Aqua plates and a similar
    tablecloth (not as pretty as your) but I'll join you in the
    Easter table parade if I can get to my stuff by then. Oh
    This is bringing back sweet memories being here tonight!

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Punk, It was the same sweet neighbor. I have to share a quick story with you. Her husband loves to bid on auctions, he got one online for the contents of two apartments! She has already had a yard sale, sold online, sold to friends, donated, etc. and is still going through bins. Clothes with tags still on them, Dept. 56 Christmas houses, jewelry, etc. but the best find was not one but THREE Coach purses!

She was ready to donate the snowmen and tablecloths when she decided she would see if I might want them first since she knew I love snowmen and bunnies. ;o) She truly is one of the sweetest most thoughtful people and I'm blessed in so many ways having her and her DH for neighbors.

Yes, lets plan on doing some Easter tables for the fun of it! Maybe some of the other gals will want to join in too. Just like the good ol days, huh?

Luvs

• Brynn_ND
    9 years ago

You got a deal at TS on your beautiful plates. They are Fiestaware by Homer Laughlin. I know because of the design on the edges and in the center. Turquoise is my favorite Fiestaware color. Congratulations on the plates and tablecloth!!

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

What a great neighbor to have, you are so lucky. I bet you two are going to be sharing a lot and having fun this year. How neat her husband does auctions like that, tho I'd go broke living next to them. LOL. You know me and "stuff".

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brynn ND you are right, the dishes are Homer Laughlin Fiestaware. But we think they are newer ones, not the older more valuable ones. I love the color too.

Karen, she doesn't want him to do it again! She had totes and bags and boxes stacked everywhere inside and outside! lol She is so sweet and generous, kept trying to give me stuff at the end of the yard sale and I had to try to keep my wits about me and say no because I've already been trying to get rid of some of my own stuff!

Luvs

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Very pretty color & yes, the t'cloth is wonderful with these plates! Makes me think of Easter, too ~~

Hope some Holiday-ers will share Valentine decor. ;-)

Neighborly love, luvs! ;-) ~~Jeanne

• jaybird
    9 years ago

Hi girls,
    I just happened to wander in today...kiddo's gave me a tablet for Christmas, so when my eyes will cooperate, I can check on you all!
    If I can get my act together, I will try to join you. I don't have the pretty tablecloth or the beautiful colored plates, but I will dream up something that will hopefully be interesting and close to your example.
    I've been missing you all, so now I can slip in once and a while...y'all better mind your p's and q's :^)
    Blessings to everyone,

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Great to hear from you jaybird! Yes, come play! ~~Jeanne

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Gosh Hi there Jaybird. It's been a long time, so glad you will be able to stop in again. I just recently got my act together to get back on here some again.

Yes, Jeanne, you are right for sure. She is a wonderful neighbor and friend. I'm looking forward to doing holiday decorating this year, decided I just need to do the things I enjoy again since I have very little control over anything else! lol

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

JB, so great to see you here again. How wonderful your kids got you a 'tablet' for Christmas. I will look forward to seeing your posts and decor.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Luvs, thanks for sharing your story! Oh what fun that would be
    To buy whole apartment contents! This is taking storage wars
    To a whole new level. Dd and I buy Coach purses so I know
    What they are worth,

Wow even Jaybird is here! I'm just so excited to be back here
    With all of you dear friends! Let's vow to keep it up and quit
    being Slackers, OK?lol

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, it is fun to be back with all of you, we've all had so much fun together and shared so much of our experiences over the years.

I felt bad not being here, but was in such deep sadness that I could barely function. I'm still sad, and always will be, but I realize that If I have to go forward then I need to come be here with friends and try to have a little fun.

I don't do anything very exciting, but I'll try to find a few things I can share here. I hope to find time to go back and read some of the posts I've missed too.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Luvs, I think we all grieve differently and need to do what works
    For us! I'm just so happy that you are able to move forward and
    Are having some good times with friends. Life is so much better
    When you have others to share your days with.

You've always shared wonderful things whether it's decor, tabblescapes
    Or paintings! I Love how we have all grown and discovered new
    Ideas through our sharing. I laugh when I see how much I've
    Collected through the years because of you Enablers! However,
    I'm greatful you brought me over here so I can truly enjoy what I
    have been given from DM, Gramma and DF's.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The painting board is nearly dead again. Only a couple of you gals stop in there from time to time. Anj is still painting and selling. I have lots of surfaces just waiting to be painted. Will have to try to get some done and shared this year. You are the one who is the speed demon when it comes to painting. Just not enough extra time, huh? And me, I have ideas but tend to procrastinate way too much!

• yachter123
    9 years ago

We'll, this must be the "old timers reunion thread". I just happened to get an email from a Garden Web & decided to come by & see if anyone I knew was still around.

I'm so glad I did, so glad to see so many familiar "faces". I've been on an IPad for 3 years now & can't figure out how to use photobucket with it. I still do tables & vignettes but mostly post them on my Facebook.

I really miss posting my decor, seeing everyone else's decor & all my old friends here. Sometimes life gets crazy & things don't work out the way you wish & other priorities take us away.

I can't guarantee I'll be back regularly, but it just wanted to say Hi to all my old friends.

Just glad to see so many of our oldtimers still around. Going to go check out some posts now, while I have a little time.

Sponsored
High Quality Hearth Products at Affordable Prices in Fishersville
More Discussions