Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Winter decor

luvstocraft
9 years ago

Thought I'd share a few pics of things I have out for winter. I'm enjoying not having the house look all blah after putting away the Christmas decos.

I've been collecting little white pitchers for awhile now. Thought I'd try a little grouping on the mantel.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Luvs

Comments (20)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have bunnies around all year long. Used this little one on the other side of the mantel. Just love his/her sweet face.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is a little vignette on a tray on my buffet. Another little bunny, hey they are white so go well with a snow theme, right?

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's my little dessert cloches, I use them for display not desserts tho! Mostly I just try to do little things to keep me busy and bring some fun and pleasure into my life.

Thanks for looking.

Luvs

• woodrose
    9 years ago

Love all your vignettes, especially the "Tea Time" one ! White bunnies are great all year long !

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

I loved seeing your vignettes Luvs.
    They are so cheerful and bright.
    Your bunnies are the best!!
    We can all use some cheer this time of year!
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks ladies.That's what I thought Nana, and I'm really glad I did it. January is always kinda blah, so this does make it a bit more festive.

Luvs

• sameboat
    9 years ago

What a nice transition while waiting for Valentine's Day! I love the bunnies, too, and the Teatime With God vignette. Cozy and comfy for January! My house does seem cool now with the Christmas decorations taken down. Maybe I will brighten a corner or two!

• aputernut
    9 years ago

luvstocraft, your decorating style reminds me of my own so I thought I would share, this bistro set is in my guest suite, and have this tea set on it simply for décor reasons.
    And my fake cake which I made years ago is on my server under my dessert cloche.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sameboat, go for it! Even just a couple places will add some cheer.

Aputernut, love that little table and chairs, bet your guests do too! Would love to hear how you made your faux cake. I did one that was just a round paper mache box with pink silk flower petals glued on it. I'll see if I can find it so I can share a pic with you.

Have you thought about displaying your cake on the little table? Looks to me like it would fit right in there.

Isn't playing with dishes and décor fun? lol

Luvs

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Luvs, so wonderful to see all this decor! Love the white
    pitcher collection and bunnies! Beautiful tea set vignette.
    The book and bunny is awesome on here. Cute bunny and
    Deer and your flowers are so great to see in your dessert
    Cloches.

Sameboat, I too hope you do some decorating and share with us.

Aputernut, so enjoyed seeing your bistro set and faux cake!
    I always wanted to make a faux cake but never did so one
    Of my friends gave me hers. Your guests must feel special
    With this in their room.

TFS ladies, Punk

• aputernut
    9 years ago

Luvstocraft, the cake and cake stand is bigger then it looks, bistro table is smaller and where I have it is on my server in my DR which can be seen when entering my home on the other side of a knee wall is my DR. I made it using 2 round Styrofoam disks, or 3 your choice and with a knife covered them in white plaster compound,(just like icing a cake) the kind you just add water to, I let it harden, then painted it white first, then pink to make it look like layers, on top I have a big fake strawberry and a little pink potpourri..
    P.S. next to the Bistro set is a new W8.1 PC on a desk with a pink chair, my guess is guest would like this even more? and the fact our guest suite has a full bath ensuite.

This post was edited by Aputernut on Fri, Jan 16, 15 at 10:58

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just love your cute pink computer chair! You must have one of those homes with two master suites, always thought those were perfect for guests. (However, they just might not want to leave!) I too love pink, lots of roses in both living room and guest bedroom. Always worried that it might be too feminine, but hubby didn't really care as long as he had his recliner and tv in the family room.

Punk, you say such sweet things, always making everyone feel good. Let me tell you, after looking at all the blogs and pinterest pics, I really need to ramp up my decorating! I just wanna know where these gals store so much stuff! lol

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

Luvs, I can't begin to tell you how much I like your winter decor! Its just perfect to keep the Jan. blahs away. Berries, bunnies, and greenery....what's not to love. But most especially that vignette you did on the tray! Its going on one of my Pinterest boards! (I'm so happy to see Garden Web has added a Pin It Button to each photo now. So easy to save things this way!)

I've missed your decorating, and you sure haven't lost your touch in doing it. I can't wait to see more!

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Karen you are so sweet, but I really don't think any of my decorating measures up to the fantastic things I've seen on Pinterest. I just try to do things to have a little fun and make myself happy. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Sorry I'm late to your Winter decor ... but it's still winter here, luvs ... so here I am. I really enjoy the 'white pitchers' .... I could get into collecting those myself ... so lovely with your greenery.

YOur cloches are just adorable! & the sprig of greenery you've added for the season is a wonderful idea! (jeannespines loves pines, ya know).

Am so happy to see you posting! I've dug out some Valentine decor ... but not decorated yet ... soon.

Aputernut ... that cake looks good enough to eat! YOur colors are great for the upcoming holiday, too! ;-)

TFS, gals. ~~Jeanne

• jaybird
    9 years ago

Those are so cute Luvs....of COURSE the white pitchers are my favorites, but the little deer run a close second!!
    Everything looks great! I like the idea of after Christmas décor. Everything looks blah and empty when I FINALLY get the Christmas stuff put away.
    Blessings to you,
    J

• yachter123
    9 years ago

I love all of it!

• yachter123
    9 years ago

I love all of it!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks ladies, now it's time to pack up Winter and do a bit for Valentines.

Luvs

• swest2_gw
    8 years ago

Love the little pitchers. I collect those also, very cute idea.