Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patty_cakes_gw

*PINK* Valentines Day tablescapes...

patty_cakes
15 years ago

Anyone else use my favorite holiday decorating color on VD? I have a set of pink dishes I plan to use and two years ago used them with crystal. I'll be having 3 of the *same* guests, and don't want them thinking I have no imagination by using the same idea. HELP! ;o)

Comments (10)

• yachter123
    15 years ago

I think Judith did a pink one with tulips. I'll see if I have it.

• yachter123
    15 years ago

I actually had two of Judith's. See below.

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

Run! Don't walk to TJ Maxx and see if they have any of the BODACIOUS, BEEEEAUTIFUL, pink tulip dishes left. They have tulips and hearts on them and they are sooooo pretty. If you could just get some of the salad plates and use a solid pink dinner plate, they will bowl anyone over who sees them.

I hope you find some. Let us know what you come up with. Good Luck.
    Betty

• yachter123
    15 years ago

Oh thanks Betty, now you had to say that about Home Goods having pink tulip dishes, I've been avoiding that store like the plague, they sound fabulous.

I am tempted, hope Patty Cakes is too! LOL

• ncnana
    15 years ago

OMgosh, those rose plates are wonderful. Judith has such lovely things. - Gail

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

What Beautiful tables...I just love the look of it all...just stunning. I agree, Judith has such exquisite things.
    jane

• aunteyp
    15 years ago

Oh my God! How beautiful those tables look. Pretty pretty!!!!

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness! Yacht, we must have been posting at the same time. I would love to wander through Judith's collection of dishes and other pretties. I sure miss her.
    We will all be so happy when she can get back to us.
    Betty

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh, those are drop-dead gorgeous! I'm having serious tablescape envy now!

As was already suggested here, my advice would be to shop around for some patterned salad plates that will work well with your pink dinnerware. Instead of the same old napkin rings, maybe tie them with a pretty ribbon and tuck in a flower or tie on a small charm.

I set my table last night with my new pink & white Old British Castles dinner plates, and it turned out pretty nice . . . although NOT in the same class as many of the ones I've seen here! No pics, though. I started off designing my tablescape by "shopping" my house for possible things to use. I came up with cut crystal; some silver serving pieces; some red cut-glass wine glasses; silver and gold chargers; candles in various colors and candleholders in silver, red, gold, white and mercury glass; vintage books with great covers; some decorative items; statues; silk flowers (it was too late to go out and buy real ones);and many Shabby Chic-type pieces. I put everything on the nearby buffet and played around until I found something I liked for my tablescape. You might try that yourself. I'll bet you'd be surprised at the possibilities that you have to choose from right in your own home. Don't forget to show us the final results, though!
    Lynn

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Lynn, WHY, NO PICS? Your description of your tablescape sounds fabulous and makes me want to "SEE" it even more!

DD

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions