Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Oscars

Posted by oldalgebra (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 15:40

Yes. I KNOW! We haven't had the Super Bowl and we haven't had Valentines and we haven't had Presidents Day yet.
But planning ahead often works for the best, even if others think you're crazy.
OSCAR STATUES photo OSCARSTATUES.jpg

I just loved this No-game Oscar Party Game that I came across on the internet. You can use all the categories if you're having lots of guests, or just a few if you're having just a few. Normally, I don't like playing party games, which is why I like this game so much.

At any rate, It takes time to gather the prizes, so I thought I'd share it now and takes pictures of my buffet table when it's closer to the actual event.

The game is described on this blog, but the prizes I used are described here.

Admittedly, I have sort of thrown myself into this in order to keep my mind off recent events, so hope you don't think I'm silly to post this so early.

As phony and superficial as The Oscars are, I just love them!

This post was edited by oldalgebra on Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 8:17

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Oscars

Love everything you've done preparing for 'The Ocars' 2014!
Your so clever. Sounds like it will be a fun event for all who attend. You put alot of thought into the GAME.Nice

Will be fun to see more pictures of the event. Punk

o

How wonderfully creative! If only I lived a little bit closer, I would be angling for an invitation...LOL!

o

What fun! I am going to party ...wow $2.75 ... I would love that! The invitations are so cool!

Looking forward to your Oscar table ...at the bar again? I love your bar setting! Keep up the good work, OA & keeping busy...I hope you're feeling better each day! ~~Jeanne S.

o

Love this OA. Do you charge extra for the box seats?
There is so much to see and enjoy. I am always amazed by your talent and creativity. I'll be back again to see what I missed,
I would really like to win the S&H Green stamps I can really use them.
Nana

o

What a great idea!
I am not a fan of games either, so this is such a clever way to have fun, but not have to have a traditional game.

You are really going all out and I would love to be an invitee also!!
Your guests are going to love this!
You always put so much thought and effort into your parties! I'm sure people are thrilled to be on your guest list!

Are you wearing a gold lame' dress, LOL??

TFS,
Candy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here