oldalgebra
13 years ago

What??? What does that mean?

Go ask Alice when she's ten feet tall.

This way to Alice.

Comments (18)

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Ha! I think I've been taking the wrong pill! Great idea, and pretty fire setting. Dishes are so pretty, and hat is adorable.

Pat

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

OA, Your Alice table is delightful. It is curiouser and curiouser how you come up with these wonderful ideas! It is freezing here and the idea of having a tea party in front of a blazing fire is fantastic!! All of those treats look mouth watering. The tea set is lovely. I think the Mad Hatter's hat is super. Are your GD's there to have tea with you?
    NanaKaren

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Just adorable - cupcakes look so yummy and that china is beautiful .....

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Love the pretty dishes with roses on them and your little cloches for the cupcakes. What a fun idea and you did a great job on the hat too. ;o)

Luvs

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Too cute!!
    That hat is amazing!
    I love the whole thing. The Eat Me cupcakes, and the other treats look very yummy, and the fire in the fireplace just makes it look so warm and toasty, which is very appealing with snow outside the window and temperatures in the 30's right now.
    Great Job and very impressive that you know the date of Lewis Carroll's b-day.

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh can I come and Sit by the Fire and enjoy some Tea?
    Or am I Late?
    Such a lovely setting and your dishes are pretty enough for a Queen > Not to want your head !!

You're always such fun OA.. Always a 'kid at heart'..
    Heart...did I say Heart?? >>> Uh...Are YOU the 'Queen' ??

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

OA, this is wonderful. You are always coming up with such fun ideas. Love your tea party in front of the fire. So pretty and inviting.

You must of been a riot as a teacher! What did you teach?

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

LOL! OA, this is wonderful!
    Love your story & the t'party t'scape!
    Cupcakes are just the cutest! Everything looks yummy!
    Great job on the "hatter!"
    And the glow of the fireplace sets the stage!

Alice: "Why, look! I'm just the right size!"
    You've sized everything up perfectly, OA! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I can't believe the ideas you come up with! The Brain That Never Sleeps! Gosh I'd loved to have had you for a teacher, I might have actually liked school then!

I'm sure you know my favorite part of the Alice story....

We're all mad here," said the Cheshire Cat. "I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

LOL, thanks for continually delighting me.
    hugs, Karen

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Not only the brain that never sleeps, but the energy level that is endless!

I can't believe how many tables you assemble in a week!

This is adorable and love the hat idea!

• tugsmomma
    13 years ago

did anyone catch the link at the bottom of the Tea Party link called "If you must plug it in"? Brave lady that really thinks outside of the box and uses the "Necessity is the mother of invention" principle.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I love the hat with the flowers (me longing for Spring). The whole table is so whimsical and yummie looking. I love this take on the book, because I have never been able to make it through the whole book. This is strange considering how much I love to read.
    Frou

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You gals are so kind. Thank you for all your encouraging words.
    Tablescaping (Isn't that a great word?) is a great hobby for me, so it's not work. It's play.

Punk, I taught first and second grade for 22 years. Then algebra and geometry (along with a sprinkling of electives now and then) for 16 years.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

OA, you don't look near old enough to have taught that many years! It does explain more what I see on here coming from you. Wish I would of had you as a teacher. We are lucky to have so many teachers on here.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Obviously OA started her teaching her career while she was in first grade. ;o)
    I'm sure she was planning tablescapes and fun parties and keeping the other kids entertained by the time she was 6.

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Speaking of my teaching career, I don't think I show you gals the following post.

It's not Holiday-ish, so I didn't post it here.
    But you may want to take a quick look anyway.
    If I've already bored you with it, I apologize.
    OA

Here is a link that might be useful: Drawer Shadow Boxes

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I LOVE, love, love this wonderful table of yours, OA! What an imagination and what creativity, as well.
    Lynn

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

OA...I just clicked on your "Drawer Shadow Boxes" link above...what a great recycling project w/memories to boot! LOVE IT!!! And what you've added as decor is BEAUTIFUL...love the photos, everything! TFS this idea! And, with 2 kids that teach, I have alot of respect for good teachers & it's sure fun to find them here on the holiday forum!

lynninnm posted a wonderful chalk Santa that she added to her decor this yr...I have been looking for one & found one on an after Christmas sale (still price-y tho) & am going to make a shadow box w/him...I have some old drawers from a dressing table that DH & I hauled out to my garden shed this fall...so we shall see if they work. Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions