Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dining_delight

Christmas Tablescapes Part 3

dining_delight
15 years ago

This tablescape is more of a wintery one than a Christmas one but since I had the acrylic trees on the table, I called it Christmas. Thought about it for the "Flake Off" but I didn't actually use a snowflake theme just more of a frosty one.

I bought the two acrylic Christmas trees (which light up) at a local grocery store last year and have received so many compliments on them. They were $20 each but I HAD to have them and since there were only 2 left, I'm glad I snapped them up!

I created a simple centerpiece with a glass footed bowl and silver balls surrounded by a feather boa and silver picks. The balls and picks were new (from bargain store) but I had the rest.

I actually have a Snowman Family (little boy one on a different table)that I bought last year at Dollar Store. They didn't light up but I inserted the battery LED lights into each one and can now have them "glowing" when desired.

Hope you aren't too "chilled" by this tablescape! Best grab a cup of coffee or hot chocolate before proceeding!

DD

Comments (16)

• mommacass
    15 years ago

I love this too--is the tablecloth silver? I can't really tell on my monitor. I may have to copy this.

Would you believe I just "found" a whole set of dishes I bought at an auction several years ago?? I had totally forgotten about them!! Its set of clear glass snack/dessert plates, small bowls and cups for 12!! I might be able to use them in a silver/winter setting. Thanks for the pictures!!

• ncnana
    15 years ago

Your tables are all wonderful. How are the snowflakes hanging, from the chandelier, or from the ceiling.

I wonder if Dollar Tree has any left. A winter table may be what I need. I'm kind of depressed. Taking down my Christmas things is making me sad this year. - Gail

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

Beautiful . . . and very inspiring!!!

• oreos_mom
    15 years ago

Absolutely stunning !!! And yes, how are the snowflakes hanging.. inquiring minds need to know..lol !

Susan

• lynnencfan
    15 years ago

I love this one - what a beautiful winter scene both inside and outside. I have smaller acrylic trees like yours and I love them. Love the balls and snowflakes hanging over the centerpiece .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

How do you turn these amazing tables out so quickly, so beautifully? You are totally amazing to me.
    And each centerpiece you've done...well WOW on them all.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

You are just a table decorating diva! This one is beautiful too, I don't think I can pick a favorite one of your tables--I've loved them all. So this one is a silver tablecloth, white placemat, silver charger, white square plate, clear plate and a little favor on top--did I get it all? Just beautiful! And the centerpiece turned out great too. I don't ever see great things like your snowmen at my dollar stores!;o( Those are wonderful, especially with the lights in them. TFS. Luvs

• pdg777
    15 years ago

Wow! This tablescape is SO LOVELY! I have never seen anything like those trees. They are beautiful. Thanks for posting. I'm really enjoying all the "after Christmas" photos.

• yachter123
    15 years ago

Our Walgreens had the acrylic lite up trees this year, I should have grabbed two! DRAT! They even had them "after" on clearance!

What a gorgeous table, and it easily could be for the "flake off" afterall, snowmen are made of what? Snwoflakes! LOL LOL

Just beautiful! I went very simple when I took down my blue table, it's in the interim mode right now.

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Wow, that table is gorgeous. Love the dishes with the squares and round, white and clear. The snowflakes hanging are wonderful. The snowmen and bowl, trees, etc. Love it all. I would have never thought to wrap a boa around a pedestal bowl or put a tea light in the snowman. Just beautiful.

• mo13
    15 years ago

Another beautiful table!! Love the monochromatic look. And the centerpiece is very nice. I like how you have layered different shapes with your table settings and the boa is a great idea! I was going to do a similar thing with snowflakes hanging from the chandy above the table - I even got the snowflakes but then realised the chandy is not centered above the table!! Oh, well. :)

Mo

• patty_cakes
    15 years ago

DD, this is my favorite of all your tables! I think it's cause it looks so sparkly. You've really gone above and beyond on this one~gorgeous! ;o)

• aunteyp
    15 years ago

I too think this is my favorite. I just love it! Awesome!!!
    Peg

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Just beautiful!! I love the crystal tables. Very elegant.

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cass, thank you! Yes, the tablecloth is silver (got it at local Bargain store for $8). WOW! You must have felt like you got a Christmas present when you found those dishes! They sound wonderful and so many! Please post a pic if you do a winter tablescape with them.

Gail, thank you! The snowflakes/balls are hanging from the chandelier (which is out-dated and I try to hide out of the pic). I quite often hang things from it - even in the reindeer setting (#4) I had gold & copper balls from it but didn't like the pic with it so didn't post it with the others. You SHOULD do a winter theme around your house now that your Christmas decor is down - I like to leave up the white mini-lights on my mantel with snow items.

Lynninnewmexico, thanks, I appreciate your comments!

Susan, thank you too! See note to Gail re: hanging snowflakes.

Lynne, thanks. I definitely can take inspiration for winter tablescapes from the weather lately, have had heavy snowfall warnings for past few days! Aren't the acrylic/crystal-y trees fun to work with?!

Karen, thank you. I actually did these (4) tablescapes over a 2 month period so that wasn't too fast...its just that I posted them all at once. Actually, I spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME tweaking and adjusting the tablescapes I do!

Luvs, thanks a lot! Judith would be proud of you and your correct count of the layering I did! You have a good eye for detail! In one pic, I did have the square white soup bowls on top too - that was when I used the table for a Christmas luncheon for my parents, Grandma, DS, DH and I and had some homemade turkey with wild rice soup in them. I lucked out finding those snowmen at our dollar store - I only ever saw 1 set of them and I scooped 'em up - even at $8 each, they were a bargain to me!

pdg777, thank you too! I had never seen any trees like those either before or since. Would love to get some more if I ever do.

yachter, thank you! I wish we had a Walgreens here so I could check if there was some of those trees but if they did, I'm sure they would have gone fast. I wonder if I have a pic of a table I did last year which has a similar look to it but I think I used a few more snowflakes - then I could call it my "flake-off" table...or MAYBE I should do a new one since that is more of a winter theme.

dd50, thank you. I got that boa back in the summer with an idea to use it as snow somehow...that is as close as it got to "being snow". Hopefully, I can come up with more ideas for it. I also bought a red one and a black one recently when they had them on sale after Halloween.

Mo, thanks. I find I have to take down the ornaments hanging from the chandy whenever I put leaves in the table as then they aren't centered either and it bothers me.

patty-cakes, thank you. I like the "sparkle" of frostiness too. I am happy that you thought this was your favourite before looking at the reindeer one!

DD

• dining_delight
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Peg, thank you for expressing your appreciation!

Bright, I also appreciate your comments!

DD

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company
More Discussions