Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cold January Snowman

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 15:08

Ohhh...the weather outside is frightful ...the snow is so delightful ...yup, snow flurries today, cold & Wintery after our Jan. thaw the past week or so. But, I found this guy for 70% at a specialty store so he came home with me to join the 'Snow families' on the porch. Since the Old World Santa got put away after Christmas, this tall fella' can stay out til March!

Snowman Vignette B1.13

I switched out a shorter tree for this tall one from the floor of the porch & spruced up his arm w/a bit of pinery:

Snowman Vignette C1.13

So he's a jolly fellow in this old window vignette on the porch table:

Snowman Vignette A1.13

The birds are happy outside today ...very cold but the Sparrows are keeping warm flocking to our Christmas tree that we moved outdoors a few weeks ago.

Happy January! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cold January Snowman

GREAT snowman! He looks right at home there! And your Sparrow picture is awesome as usual!

o

Great bird shot, J, and the vignette is very "cool" :)
Can't wait for Spring!

o

Jeanne, love your new snowie! He's looks greast standing there on the window with the trees. Such a neat vignette. The little sparrows do look like they are enjoying the Christmas tree. How nice of you to share it with them for the winter.

I'm so glad you posted this. I had planned on doing something this weekend but instead I blew my knee out again so I sat around all weekend.

Punk

o

Great Snowman find Jeanne..he makes a nice Winter
Vignette with the trees.
Beautiful pics of the birds in the Christmas tree.
I like recycling my tree outside too..we usually add some goodies to it for the birds and squirrels. It's fun to watch them and see the tree 'continue on' till the Spring.

Punk...sorry to hear about your knee..Take care and hope it gets better soon..Seems many of us are 'falling apart' in one way or other!! lol
jane

o

Jeanne, Your new snowman looks right at home among the trees in your vignette.
The sparrows don't seem to mind the cold at all.
It's amazing how some birds can withstand any weather.
Gee Punk, sorry about your knee, isn't this the third time you injured it?
Nana

o

That picture of the birds on your Christmas tree is great! You take such good pictures. Love your new snowman, but I especially love how you used the old window as a tray! You are very creative. TFS.

Punk, so sorry about your knee. That is really bad news for a busy gal like you. Hope it's better real soon.

Luvs

o

He's adorable, Jeanne! Perfect for Winter without looking like leftover Christmas! BTW, the snowy window you have him standing on is a great idea!
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here