Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

My Christmas Pics . . . Very Late!

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

I took the month of December pretty much off from the internet, but not from Christmas festivities. I missed you all, though, and wanted to share some pics before I head on to post-Christmas Winter tables.

I didn't buy too many new things for Christmas this year . . . except for this darling Santa at Marshalls.

I ended up setting him on the peninsula between my kitchen and family room, next to my Old World tree:

I actually got a small tree up on the hearth of our MBR, but kept it very simple:

Got the Western tree up in the guest room:

If you'd like to see more pics of "Lynn's Western guest room & bath" , here a link to it over on GW's decorting forum.

Emily was a huge help and put up our Christmas Village in the foyer hutch

and the Nativity Set on the dining room buffet for me:

I helped her make a gingerbread house, although she did most of it herself:

We made Christmas cookies and our special coffee cakes . . . lots of coffee cakes!

It wouldn't be Christmas Morning without one:

The mantel of our family room's kiva fireplace got a rustic nativity candelabra:

My built-in dining room hutch, where I set up desserts for our annual Christmas Day dinner party:

My brass deer on the living room hearth got a bit of holly:

Our living room's "The Story of Us" tree:

We had snow, but it melted before Christmas Day:

{{gwi:1404414}}

And, I made sure that I gave myself lots of quiet time to sit and enjoy the Season, reading, listening to Christmas music and just being be with my family and friends.

Lynn

Comments (15)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Your home is beautiful and your decorations just lovely. Good for you making time for yourself to sit and enjoy the holiday time! Love all of your trees, Santa and Nativities.

Thanks for sharing!

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Lynn it looks wonderful!!You know that I love your decorations and the coffee cakes look scrumptious!!
    Blessings to you!
    J

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh lynn, I've missed you! Thanks for posting your pics...& so happy that you've enjoyed the Christmas season so much with family/friends! You are blessed!

Your 1st pic just stole my heart...I've been on the outlook for the right "Old World Santa" since I saw one used in a vignette at a craft show before Tksgvg. The crafter used him in a old wood box with some greenery & such & he was just so home-y looking! I just LOVE this Santa you found for a new addition this yr! And perfect with that Old World tree!

Glad to see that wonderful deer on your hearth, too...I wondered where he would be for the holidays...beautiful! What a cozy place to sit at that fire...your family tree is gorgeous!

Love the Nativity set on your buffet...perfect with your art there. And that Nativity candleabra is quite unique...never have seen one before...lovely there. Oh, everything is just gorgeous...& it's so good to see you! TFS! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

It's nice to hear from you. Your house is beautiful as always. The new Santa is so pretty, what a great find. I love the natural looking tree in your MBR, just the right touch. DD is going full throttle with her decorating skills, she's a natural. Those coffee cakes are doing nothing for my annual New Year's diet, but boy do they look yummie. It was fun seeing all your decs, thanks for posting them.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lynn, enjoyed seeing all your Christmas decorations and your Western post. You have so many wonderful decorations. I love your nativity and the candle holder on your buffet. Darling new santa you bought. Enjoyed your village all set up too.

Beautiful trees and deer by the roaring fire. What a lovely scene with the Christmas cup in the foreground. Is that cup there for me? You know when we fill up the bus to come join you, we will need alot more.lol

Love your Christmas dishes! Darling Gingerbread house and very yummy looking coffe cakes. DD loves coffee cake but we usually buy ours from Schwans. Would you care to share your recipe with us? I just mixed up bread dough for dinner rolls. This is making me think I should make some cinnamon rolls.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Glad you remembered to get these posted for our enjoyment Lynn. I really like the description "the story of us" tree, isn't that what it's all about? Love the western tree too--and so appropriate for the area you live in. Wow, just look at that snow! At least it sort of set the mood for Christmas didn't it? All very pretty and yet gives such a nice cozy feeling. Your coffee cakes really look yummy too. TFS. Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Lynn...it so nice to see your Christmas pictures.
    You did such a fabulous job on all your decorations, and your home looks so warm and inviting.
    Your trees and mantels are done so beautifully.
    Emily did such a great job on the Christmas Village and Nativity, and the Gingerbread house looks great. I see you even got to make those wonderful breads together. Just reading and looking at everything, gave me the sense of a very relaxing Christmas. You had the right idea. Seems we tend to put too much into all the 'fuss' that the simple enjoyment of it gets lost, and before you know it, it's over.
    I'm glad you got to share this with us.

jane

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Your home and decorations were well worth waiting for. I could almost picture myself being there. This is my first Christmas on the forum so I had not seen everyone's decorations before. All the homes were beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Lynn,

How pretty!You have such great taste and I love how your decorations reflect the Western style of your home. I especially like your simple MBR tree, your very pretty Christmas china, the Western tree, and the Nativity and village in the hutch. Of course, it was extra nice that your daughter and you shared the traditional baking and it looks like she did a great job on the Christmas village. What a wonderful family Christmas you had!

- Magpie

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Lynn, I so enjoyed " visiting" your home. Thank you so much for sharing! The nativity on the buffet is lovely. LOVE the Christmas Village. Your Christmas table looks so inviting, I'd love to taste your coffee cake. Everything looks so serene and peaceful.
    NanaKaren

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Lynn, I love it all. Everything is so well done and that coffee cake is calling my name!!
    My mom always makes a Christmas Wreath coffee cake and now she makes one for each of my daughters and their families, my DH and me, and my DB and his wife.
    I am glad you took time for yourself to enjoy the season. Your home is just lovely!!

TFS,
    Candy

• tugsmomma
    13 years ago

What a beautiful home! I could just curl up in that living room with a book and not budge. Your nativity is tableau is stunning. Everthing just looks so homey, I have a hard time picking a fav spot.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Lynn, I'm so glad you could share your Christmas photos with us. Your home is so beautiful and I always look forward to seeing what you do on the holidays. Everyone has already said it so well...
    beautiful, homey, serene, and more.

The Nativity is lovely and perfect in that spot. I can't get over that fantastic Santa from Marshalls. I so wanted to go shopping at several stores between Thanksgiving and Christmas and never got to go anywhere. Saved a lot of money, LOL, but missed a lot of neat stuff I think.

I'm glad you tried to relax during Christmas and I sure hope this year is very good to you.
    hugs, Karen

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the nice thoughts about my home and my decs. I've been in the process of packing the decs away all week long, but keep getting diverted. I'm determined to finish tomorrow, and need to get back to it in a minute . . ugh!
    Punk, I'd love to share my coffee cake recipe with you, but don't have the time to write all of it down now. It's a two-day process to make them and a long process to write it all down. Hopefully I can get it to you next week, if you don't mind. The recipe, which has been in my family for many years, actually won first place in some national contest way back when.
    Lynn

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

This is the Santa link that lynninnewmexico ('Enablers R Us') motivated me to buy the 2 Santa's at the church GS on Sat...but I did get a chalk one on sale after Christmas holidays...but not at a GS price! LOL!

Missing you, lynn! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz
More Discussions