Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little visit, with photo link

Posted by judithva (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 14:32

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to pop in a bit, I certainly have missed you all. I was going thru some of the threads, there is such alot of talent going on!

Life gets in the way sometimes, my cancer reoccured last year and just about did me in this time. But after a miserable chemo (is there any other kind?) and major surgery, I am finally getting back to feeling human again.

I haven't been doing too much photography with design over the last year of my recovery, but I did take a few pics from this Christmas. If you go to the link and scroll down to my "White Christmas" pics you'll see a bit what I was up too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas 2013 pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little visit, with photo link

Gosh, I'm so sorry that you are battling cancer again. I wish we could find a cure for that nasty disease. I linked over to your beautiful tree...absolutely gorgeous. I enjoyed reviewing your 2012 pictures, too. I love how you used the lady in your table setting.

o

Judith, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have you here and sharing photos.
I am so sorry to hear what a terrible year you had and all you've gone thru again with the cancer. Last year wasn't good to quite a few of our gang it seems. I sure hope
2014 is a lot better. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

Did you get your remodeling done before you had to deal with Chemo?
hugs, Karen

o

Judith good to see you popping in here.
I'm so sorry to hear what you had to go through again....
Hope you're on your way to a better start with the new year.
The last I remember was your 'massive DIY ' project.
I was amazed by how large of a project you took on.
With all you went through was it ever completed.? If so, please share
The 'After '. With us...we'd love to see how it turned out.
Once again nice to see you here ...take care.
jane

o

Judith, I'm so glad your feeling human again after all you've been threw last year. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful table again and Christmas photos.

You say your tree didn't photograph well and I think it's Gorgeous!!! Your white tree made me go AWE... Loved seeing all the Christmas pictures you shared. The reflection on the coffee table is stunning!

Sure hope you continue to feel better. Will be sending prayers your way. Thanks again for sharing and know that you are a wonderful inspiration for all to follow!

Punk

o
RE: A little visit, with photo link 2

Fun2behere, thank you, I am glad you liked my tree, I always hate taking it down, the room looks so plain after all that glitz. I did "dress" my lady again this year, but didn't grab a shot of it. She's become a tradition with me.

Karen, and Jane, thank you for the welcome back and I'm glad you liked the pictures.
Hmm, some of my remodel I have progressed on, but not much. Alot/most of my extra money is tied up in paying for the 3 years worth of cancer medical bills I have/and ongoing medicals that are associated still with it. So, my remodel is VERY slow going.

Punk, thank you too, I am happy you like them, I almost did not do a tree this year, but I figured it is healther not to give up on things I love.

o

Judith ... so beautiful ... love all the whites & silvers & the glass ~~ very, very classy...am so happy to hear from you again (IDK if you remember me, jeannespines) Anyway, I've always enjoyed you & also Cjim's very elegant decor over the holidays! Whenever I see an elegant bust, I think of you. I have a friend who also decorates w/one after seeing yours many yrs ago.

I also am having a 'massive' surgery soon & have dealt w/chemo the last 5 of 6 mos ... & have been told I will have 6-12 more mos of chemo after surgery (the thought is unbearble) ...but...you popped into the 'Holiday Forum' as an 'angel' (in my book) ... creating more 'hope' for the rest of us who are dealing with health woes. Thank you so much ~~ Jeanne S.

o
Hope, is always there.

Jeanne, thank you so much for your sweet words, I loved CJIMs contruibutions too.
Yep, decorating the "Lady" is fun, she wears the jewelry much better than I ever could, she has such a long slim neck. LOL.
Ah, I can definately relate to your chemo and surgery. But I know you can do it, it is hard but just try to take one day at a time. You WILL get thru it! :) There is always hope and promise.
I hope you have someone at home to support you through this. I did not have a person at home for me, but I did have my little dog Toby, he licked my tears away more than once, thankgoodness for our pets!
I will be holding you in my heart and prayers
Hugs
Judith

o

Judith~

So glad to see your post again. I am so very sorry about all of the health issues and battling cancer again. Your decorating is so very elegant and beautiful! Glad to have you back!

o

Judith welcome back. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful tree and decor
Your lovely Lady is the epitome of beauty and glamor.
I hope your road to recovery is short. and you will be back sharing with us again soon.
Nana

o

Thank you, Judith ...
I do have lots of support (family & a dog, too) & I appreciate your advice.
Here's to a better 2014 for you! ~~Jeanne S.

o

thanks Marlene, and Nana!

Jeanne, That is wonderful, you are so lucky to have a great family to be there for you. I hope we both have a better 2014! One day at a time :)

o

Sending more hugs, and prayers to all of you
wonderful ladies! Hope 2014 will be healthy and
happier new year for all.

Punk

o

Judith -- so sorry for your difficult times, but very glad you have Toby and that you're well on your way back! Your decor is so elegant and beautiful!

o

Welcome back!
May 2014 be a wonderful and blessed year for you.
I have missed your wonderful and inspiring posts, so am very happy to see you posting again.

I wish for all of our members to have good health and happiness in the coming year.

Candy

o

What beautiful decorating, all of it! To all you cancer patients and cancer survivors....as a survivor I have some idea what you're going through although I didn't have to have chemo, just radiation. My mother had cancer 3 times and died at age 99 from old age. You can do it, too!! You're all in my prayers. It's definitely not an easy thing to go through.
Laura

o

Judith, I can't tell you how wonderful it was to come here and see your post! It's been wayyyyy too long, and I hope you feel well enough to check in more often. I am so very sorry to hear it's been a tough year for you, but please try to keep your spirits up, and we're always here to help and listen. You bring us such joy with all your creative talent, and if you feel satisfaction, you can only imagine our satisfaction when we see a thread you've started!! lol

I haven't been to this forum for quite a long time, but am sure happy I visited! Keep coming back, Judith!! WE'VE MISSED YOU!!! ;o)

ps....will we be seeing pictures of the re-model?

o

Happy to see you posting again Judith! I loved your Christmas tree, it was beautiful! Glad you are feeling better & wishing you the very best in this new year!

o

Great to see you posting! I followed the link to your xmas pics, VERY NICE to see your decorations and GREAT photography! Love the white and the Bling!

o

Just Gorgeous Judith! You never disappoint,always delivery such Beautiful Setting! Thanks for Sharing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here