{{gwi:1403988}}

{{gwi:1403990}}

{{gwi:1403992}}

{{gwi:1403993}}

{{gwi:1403994}}

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

JB, I enjoyed seeing the close-ups, but you sure gave me a start with the subject line. I could feel my heart start to race.
    LOL. I scare easily!

You've got a wonderful collection of angels. I especially like the one looking up (teal dress?) in center of fourth photo. And the delightful, colorful, trio in next to last photo.
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Very pretty display & collection of angels...love these close-up pics so can enjoy them all. In this last pic, the 3 angels dancing around holding hands is quite beautiful. There is such a "peace" when you look upon the face of an angel...your display is wonderful! TFS! Jeanne S.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

love looking at all the angels - you have quite a collection there. I do a 6ft Christmas tree that is all angel ornaments. I was really surprised at just how many I had collected and had been given to me over the years - they really do represent the Christmas spirit - TFS

btw - I did a double take too when I saw the thread title :D .....

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

JB What a great collection of angels.
    How long have you been collecting them?
    NanaK

• jaybird
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL at you all...I apologize for frightening you! Karen, the teal angel is one of my favorites as well..
    She has a sister on the top shelf who has on a royal blue dress....She is hidden all you see is a touch of her dress :^(
    In some of the other pictures (different threads) you will see some of the taller angels migrated to the piano for the Christmas season. The bottom shelf of this cabinet looks a little out of whack without them..
    Nana, the collection started in 1949 with the little angel on about the second shelf who has pig tails and is carrying a brown basket. I have collected and thinned and collected and revised and collected and........(you get the picture)since! Some are quite old and some are from this year...I think one of them got too old...all I see are her feet sticking out yikes!
    Thanks for looking!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Jaybird, that means you started collecting them when you were just a baby girl right? LOL You have a very nice collection and just the perfect place for displaying them.

I have a friend who I recently found out collected angels. I was able to gift her a really pretty long lace doily that I had picked up on one of my treasure hunts. It turned out to be the perfect size for her coffee table and she says it will stay there year round. So nice when things work out like that! ;o)

Where is OA? She's not been around for a couple of days.

Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm all about collections and this is a great one. It is so funny, I had already picked out the pig-tailed angel as my favorite before I read your reply. I always lean toward anything vintage.
    Frou

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

WOW-ZER, DOW-ZER! That's a wonderful collection. I like the fact that you've got angels in so many different styles, so many different poses and in so many different materials. Love the "Rest your wings" sign, too.
    Boy, the pigtail one sure has that 1940s look to her face. It's so cool.
    You have so many that I can hardly believe you've "thinned" the collection. It's neat that you've been doing it for so long.

Like Frou, I'm a collector. I guess that's why I wanted to see your collection up close. So nice to know there are others out there that maintain their love of something for so long. You know what they say, "If you've got three of something you well on your way to a collection."

Thank you for going to the trouble to get the pics.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Wonderful angel collection. It's so nice to see them up close. I picked out several as my favorites.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

JB...love all your Angels and how you've displayed them.
    So some have been around for quit a while.. I suppose it all started with you being the 'First Angel'!!
    The one in the teal dress caught my eye too as did the
    trio on the wooden stand in the next to the last pic.
    I'm sure they all seem like 'old friends'..
    There's something about Angels that always bring a smile.
    I have a large collection of Angel jewelry. I'd wear a piece to school each day, and the kids in my class just loved seeing them. Now my Gkids enjoy looking at them.

jane

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions