Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

CC' s Santa Living Room

christmascandy
13 years ago

The majority of my Santas hang out in my living room.

The large Santa rug was a special order at Home Depot a couple of years ago, and in my excitement when I opened it, I didn't notice it came complete with Christmas mice until the little critters started running around the house! It required 5 "eviction notices" to get rid of them!!

The wall saying is rub on letters that I used last year, 2009, and didn't want to throw them away, so I took them off of the wall and placed them back on the top side of the parchment paper they were originally under and just tacked the paper on the wall this year.

The chandy is one I bought in the 70's and liked so much I turned it into a swag light that I can use wherever I want. I add greenery, red crystal swags, glass balls, and the bow.

The Santa storyteller was a $5 TS find after Christmas a couple of years ago. He moves, the clock is battery operated, and there is a cassette tape in the back of the clock that tells a little story and then reads the entire story of The Night Before Christmas!

The Santas hang out on top of the piano.

The fabric swag over the large picture is a Dollar Tree table runner with some artificial greenery, and a cute Santa picture. The pillows were fabric panel kits that I made decades ago.

The tree is red and gold ornaments and the curio in the background is filled with Santa and Snowman teapots and cups.

I forgot to take a picture of the LR nativity, so will post that later.

The large Santa picture is a gift bag from the $1 store and a TS frame that I dry brushed with gold paint, and bought the mat with a 50% coupon from HL, so the entire picture was less than $6.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I love this room - it is CHRISTMAS through and through. The idea of framing the gift bag is soooo cool. I really like all your different Santas - TFS ......

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Well, there must be alot of "Ho-Ho-Ho's when St. Nick visits your LR! WOW! My fav, of course, is the Santa reading by the clock (that's awesome!)

Your Santa pillows look good on your couch with that Christmas tree throw...& that Santa rug, well, it certainly is a focal point when you come in the room! Great find & I love how you made use of it in front of couch w/table!

Your Santa vignette on the piano is very pretty...well, if you can call Santa "pretty"...maybe I should say "handsome!" And the curio cabinet is a perfect place for really seeing your glass/dish collection!

Everything is just darn right MERRY! in your LR! TFS your pics, candy...keep 'em coming & happy you are home to enjoy! Jeanne S.

• elmaly
    13 years ago

WOW! I love it all! I want a rug like that but without the creatures a stirring (mice).

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, I love, love, love your Santas!!! Nothing like a room full of Santas to cheer a person up. Your tree is lovely just the right colors to compliment Your Santas. I framed a gift bag several years ago, and Liked it so much I did another one!! My DD took pictures of them when we took pictures of my little Santa tree but we neglected to post them. Oh well another time I guess.
    NanaK

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Candy, I love your LR. It looks like the perfect setting for Santa. I have a simular Santa to yours; mine doesn't have the clock, but a table by
    santa's chair with a cup of "hot chocolate" and cookies. Mine also has a cassette of the Night Before Christmas. Love your rug even if it did come complete with the "creatures". I haven't tried framing a gift bag yet. That is on my to do list,to be honest that had never crossed my mind until I seen it on this forum. I have gotten so many great ideas from you ladies.My favorite "new" deco was a apocarthy jar from a TS filled with different size and finshes gold balls. from DT. I put it on a shelf with some greneery and my little sheep that always stay there. It looked really nice; but after Christmas, I found some little white dishes with "Love""Joy" and "peace" on them at Cracker Barrel and bought some little easels at Hancocks to set them on. I plan to use them next yr instead of the sheep.I didn't put out as many of my decos this year because of babysitting my little GS and he has just started walking and is literly into everything, so it just wasn't hardly worth the effort to have to keep him from destroying everything. Already looking forward to next year though.Janet

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, what a beautiful Santa Room. The big santa rug is so neat. Love your second picture of your room all decorated. Looks like you have a nice collection of tea pots and cups too. You put so much detail into all your decorating and I love all of it.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You have some wonderful Santa items! I think I'd have to hang that big rug on the wall, it is gorgeous. Your white couches sure are perfect for all the red and green decos in this room--sort of like the "snow". Thanks for sharing more pics with us. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I don't know what I can add that hasn't already been said.
    The Reading Santa, for $5, was an amazing find. WOW.
    Like Luvs, I'd probably have that gorgeous rug up on the wall. ;o) Had to laugh that it came complete with "little creatures stirring", tho am sure that was definitely not funny at the time. Glad they didn't damage the rug!

When I made that last day run to DT for some bags and tissue paper, I found several wonderful ones that I would like to frame next year! Please don't let me lose them, LOL. Right now they are in my closet.

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Ditto, on what everyone else said. That Santa is amazing and what a good idea about framing the the gift bag.
    Frou

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

I LOVE that Santa rug! All of your vignettes and decor is breath taking! Lovely lovely lovely!
    Kath

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lynne, Thank you for your sweet comments. When I framed the bag, I could still see where the holes were for the handle, so I put tape behind the holes and used a hole punch to punch out 2 plugs from the side I didn't use and that matched where the holes were. When I put them on the tape, the holes disappeared.

Jeanne, There is a lot of "Merry" going on throughout the whole house. Christmas Day is my birthday, so I figure it gives me a license to decorate. Therefore, I decorate everything, including hanging things from the ceiling.

elmaly, Fortunately the mice just hitchhiked and didn't do any damage. They didn't even run up the clock!

Nana, post them now. There's no time like the present. The rustic Santa on the piano in the green coat was a gift from one of my students many years ago.

Janet, I totally understand how you had to edit because of your DGS. My 2 yr old DGS was pretty good this year, but he loves trains and the train around the tree was his favorite. He kept telling me "I have to need to make it go backward." He also watches a lot of Thomas the Tank Engine, and when the train derailed, he parroted the show with "the train is off the track, what a mess!"

Punk, Luvs, and Karen, I fell in live with that rug when I saw the picture. Home Depot actually had one hanging on display, but it was a different picture, so when they said it was a special order item, and I could choose the one I wanted, this was the one that "resonated" with me. It is too long to hang on the wall, and probably too heavy as well.

Frou and Kath, Thank you. The rug really makes the room.

TTFN,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy..what a wonderful room.. That story about your Santa Rug and the mice is so funny and would have freaked me out for sure! Love your Santa Collection and the one you got at a TS for $5 that tells a story is an awesome find.
    Love your tree in this room too. Don't you just wish you could be like John Paul Getty..and keep this as a 'Christmas Room'..just cover everything up and close the door till next year??? You've done an amazing job on everything.

jane

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone
More Discussions