Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Winter Bird Table

christmascandy
13 years ago

I found these Winter Bird (Debbie Mumm, Sakura) dishes at a TS last summer. While putting away Christmas decor, I switched the kitchen table to these dishes. There is an iridescent snowflake in each bowl, but it doesn't show up very well.

I did not realize the tablecloth needed ironing so badly until this shot! OOPS

The centerpiece is a TS rusty candleholder with greenery added to a flat wreath in a copper compote.

The little red ceramic cardinal pieces are yrs old, the tablerunner and matching placemats are from Big Lots many yrs ago and they also have matching dish towels and rugs. The large pinecones were a GS find, the large tree goblets are TS, the small red glasses are family heirlooms,and the red flatware was from Ross last fall. The dark red napkins were TS and the gold chargers were Big Lots yrs ago. The dark green damask tablecloth was a clearance piece after the holidays a few yrs ago.

Once again, I forgot to light the candles when I took the photos. Duh!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

The snowflake shows up really good in the last picture.
    Those dishes, and the whole setting, is very pretty. I love that shade of green with the pops of red. And of course I'm a bit "cardinal crazy", so really really like your birds.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Beautiful...just beautiful! Love the cardinals and the dishes.

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

I too am a birdy freak (one of our guest bedrooms is called the "Birdy Room" as we have vintage bird prints in that room) so I love this!I am also a check/ plaid fan so this table really steals my heart from start to finish. TFS.
    Kath

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Love those Mumm dishes, too, candy! The stemware looks really pretty w/the trees. And your rustic centerpc that you created! Cardinals are a fav of mine, too...the RL ones outside the window so I love seeing them used on your t'scape! I use them on my trees indoors, too. Very pretty table...the burgandy/dark green always look so good tog. TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Very lovely table Candy. I see the snowflake very clearly.
    It's such a lovely pattern.
    I picked up some DM snowman dishes at GW..but haven't used them yet.
    I love the colors for this table setting. It's very rich and elegant looking. Your CP is beautiful and was a great find. Adding the flat wreath was clever, and I like the added touch of the candleholder and the large pinecones for accents.
    You always amaze me with your wonderful 'finds' that all work so beautifully together.
    Great table..

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Very pretty table, Candy. I really like your set of dishes. The red flatware is so pretty on your shimmery plaid place mats. Pretty stems and they go lovely with your cp and pinecones. The cardinals are so neat and add a nice touch to your table. Always fun to see what you do.

Punk

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That color of green has always been one of my very favorites. And you are giving me serious cardinal envy. Great table.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Love the design of those plates, but don't understand why they are called "Winter bird"--I don't see any birds on them! LOL Love the little cardinal, and you did a nice job on the centerpiece. ;o) Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

What a pretty table CC, A very nice transition from Christmas to winter. I think the plaid placemats set off the place settings perfectly. The red flatware is very pretty. I like the snowfakes in the dishes.
    NanaKaren

• dishcindee
    13 years ago

Candy.......I just love your new dishes! Now you just need to take a few pix showing the 4 different designs on the salad plates. I looked the pattern up on replacements.com.....very, very cute D.Mumm dishes! Your plaid placements are the perfect choice. Love it!

dishcindee

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody. I love deep Hunter Green and it goes so well with the holidays too.
    Karen, I was pretty sure you would like the cardinals.
    Marlene, I really appreciate the compliment.
    Kath, I like plaids a lot, maybe its my Scotch heritage.
    Jeanne, I loved your pictures of the real birds. The stemware was so pretty, that I actually paid full price at the TS for it, LOL
    Punk, the flatware is not as bright red as it photographs.
    Jane, I have some of her Snowman dishes also. They will be showing up soon in a future tablescape. The plaid mats and runner have some gold metallic thread in them. Just enough shimmer for the holidays.
    Frou, I only have those 2 figurines of cardinals, but they just seemed to set the table off perfectly.
    Luvs, the pattern is called Winter Birds because the salad plates have 4 different scenes of winter birds/birdhouses.
    Nana, the transition was very easy as the tablecloth, flatware, chargers, and mats were already on there from my Christmas decor.
    DC, they didn't have the salad plates at the TS, so I'll have to keep looking!

TTFN,
    Candy

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions