Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnencfan

Starting the New Year out right - blaming 'Enablers-R-Us'

lynnencfan
13 years ago

ok Gals - stand up and take the blame or honor - you hooked another one - aren't you all proud - lol Here is my purchase yesterday at DollarTree. I will be looking for things in combination of 2 since it is just my husband and I. What I bought yesterday is hopefully a basic start to build on. .....

Lynne

this has very soft green and tan colors in the leaves

there is a double beaded trim on this plate that I just love

plates I have seen in several tablescapes - it matched my red placemats perfectly

various glassware to be used in different ways

Comments (10)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Proud as can be your "One Of Us" for sure! You found some neat goodies. My favorite is the black rimmed plates with leaves. How fun your new plates w/blk match your place mats. I really like these dishes too. Your new wht plates will be wonderful to use for any occasion.

So happy for you and all your new dishes. You will also love having all your new glasses. I have so many colors now that it is more fun than last year putting tables together. I will be donating some this spring to make room for others. I did this last fall and went and bought a couple sets back.

DD just called and ask if I'd like to go shopping and I said "NO". I'm in the middle of taking down Christmas decorations. This is when one knows they decorate way to much.lol

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Congratulations Lynne..and Welcome to 'Club Enabler'
    You're Now An Official Member!
    Good choice in your new purchases. The white dishes can be used to layer with so many other dishes.
    There was a time when I ONLY had Blue & White or JUST White.. That was before I fell into this Den, a few years back, and became addicted.
    The swirl dishes seem to be popular this year and will look great on your red placemats. I like the soft, leaf pattern on the other dishes and the glassware will go with just about everything.
    I think you're well on your way to having fun and 'playing' with us..
    'The More The Merrier' !

jane

to great scapes in the future and

jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Boy, oh, boy. Another dish junkie. I love it.

I, too, look for things in twos. Of course, I don't turn down 4s and 6s, but I am content to add to my collection with just a set of two dishes or glasses. My husband has come to appreciate seeing different place settings. At first, I think he only tolerated my obsession, but now I think he sort of LIKES it!

I have to say, I can't blame the group here. I've been this way since before I was married. I caught the bug from my mother. But I constantly thank the Heavens for the internet, as it showed me there are others who have fallen into this sickness. I don't feel so along.

I really like ALL THREE of your dishes. Nice job.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

WOW! You did really good, lynnenc! I'm glad to see you joinin' this t'scape group...we are all good "Enablers" & it's so nice to be in a group of back-patters, "to provide (someone) with adequate power, means, opportunity, or authority (to do something)"...that's the dictionary definition of "enabler!" LOL! Fits, right???

I also love all 3 sets of plates you bought today! Have fun! & definitely share pics! Jeanne S.

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you all - it will take a while to get all the elements together but as they say you have to 'crawl before you can walk' - I do have Valentines Day in mind and can do a pretty one with things I already have so will concentrate on that first .....

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Lynne, Isn't it amazing how quickly you can become addicted to tablescaping?? I am always thinking of ways to set the table. I haven't mastered the art of posting pictures or I'd probably have something up every other day LOL. I've always liked to have the table look special at the holidays. Now I can see that I can make everyday be a holiday [of some kind or other.] I have a least 3 more sets of dishes I haven't used yet. I haven't had to buy too many things so far to go with what I have, to post pictures. [NOT TOO MANY LOL] It's a good thing I don't live too close to CTS. My kids keep egging me on. Of course since I'm alone here most of the time now, it really is good therapy for me. Sorry Lynne I didn't mean to hijack your post. I can tell how excited you are about your new treasures. You can't wait to get started can you? Everything you bought is so pretty I'm anxious to see what you do with it. I haven't been to Dollar tree since before Christmas Guess I need to make another trip.
    Fellow Enabler,
    NanaKaren

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

NanaKaren - no need to apologize for hyjacking my thread :) What makes this forum so much fun is the sharing in any thread - I love reading other members experiences and how they got started, ect When my late husband and I retired amd moved from Delaware to NC I left 35 years worth of various dishes, glasses, vases - you name it. Only kept what was really meaningful. I can't sit and pine over what I left behind so I will hit the flea markets, TS, Dollar stores, ect and rebuild slowly. It will be a fun adventure :) .....

Lynne

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm glad to see you found some of the black swirly plates and all your other buys are great. It makes it easy when there are just two to set the table for. I look foward to seeing all your upcoming tablescapes this year.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

LOL, you got bitten by the "dish bug" for sure Lynne. I think you were warned that would happen if you hung out here for awhile!

I really like the plate with the leaves, and the swirls and solid white will work for so many events. I'm going to have to hit another Dollar Tree, the one near me hasn't added any new dishes in a long time. I've not seen the pretty ones like you found there for sure or they would have had to come home with me!

NanaKaren, I'm really glad to hear that your kids are encouraging you to "play dishes", it's really fun to create something and use your pretty dishes and accessories instead of having them just sit in a cupboard. You can even do tables for one if you like, and you know they say food tastes even better on a pretty plate. ;o)

Did we post some step by step picture posting instructions for you? If not, just say the word, and we will help you learn to post your pics. Believe me, it makes it so much more fun when you can show off your creations--and if I learned to do it, anyone can.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Lynne, you are hooked and reeled in! YAY. Now there's another "Dishnut" to carry us thru the non-holiday times with tablescapes!

Luvs, remember the lovely settings for ONE that Judith use to post? She certainly believed a person deserved to sit at a beautiful table even if just for themselves. (a lesson I still need to learn. I just grab anything to my food on since DH could care less. But I bet having a pretty setting just for myself would feel kind of nice!)

Lynne, I like those DT plates. I'm wondering if my DT has anything like that. Good thing I'm married to Mr Oblivious or he'd be wondering why I buy plates that are never used. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer
More Discussions