Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

CC's Angel Room

christmascandy
13 years ago

My guest bedroom is where the angels hang out, literally, LOL.

Since it is usually golf decor, I try to disguise the golf border wallpaper by swagging some tulle with white lights to hide the border for a while. A small angel ornament hangs at each nail where it is swagged.

The large angel on the lower right below is a resin product with metal wings. she was a gift from my oldest DD.

The throw and the pillows on the bed switch from golf to angels. The large burgundy present pillows were TS finds that had the original Pier 1 price tags of $35 ea, and I bought all 3 for less than $7.

The "picture" is another TS find that is a fabric panel with padding and embroidery outlining. It was not finished, so I finished it and used a frame from Hobby Lobby that was 90% off because it had a broken corner. I repaired the corner, and framed the piece. and I really love it!

The creche was NIB at a TS, and I like it because it is resin. My 4 yr old DGD arranged it very carefully this year, and I don't have to worry about it breaking so the GK's can arrange it and rearrange it.

There is a small tree with angel ornaments and clear lights.

A close up of an angel that I think is just too cute!

My oldest stepdughter loves to stay in this room when she visits, because she says she feels like guardian angels are surrounding her. At night with just the tree and the tulle lights on it is just a beautiful setting.

There are some really pretty angel corner sitters on each corner of the closet. You can just see one in the picture.

May angels watch over us all.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, Your Angel room is charming. I think anyone would enjoy staying there, having all those angels keeping watch. The creche is adorable and it's nice your gkids can rearrange it. They will fond memories of it when they grow up.
    The little angel peeking in at the candle is really cute. You are right...May Angels watch over us all.
    NanaKaren

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy...loved looking at All your Angels...this room is
    absolutely 'Heavenly'!!
    Everywhere you look, such pretty angels.
    I think the tulle idea was such a clever way to hide your border.. I must say I think that little angel peeking into the candle is so darling. Like your stepdaughter, I would love staying in this room too. That bed is so inviting. I love the 'Gift Pillows'.. What a beautiful - peaceful setting...
    Let me know when the room is free...I'll pack my bags!!

jane

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

What a wonderful guest room. If I were a guest in that room I would feel very safe and comforted. I have an angel tree but I do like the idea of creating a whole 'angel' room. I will tuck this away for next year since my guest room this year became a catch-all room and didn't get decorated. I love the tule with the lights behind it. That was a clever way to hide the border - I did that one year around my living room double windows using chiffon for a real full look - it was so pretty. TFS yet another part of your Christmas .....

Lynne

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Your angel room is just heavenly. I like the two large white ones in the first two pix the best, but they are all special. Also, the corner sitters are stunning. Is this room just for Christmas? It's wonderful either way.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, your angel room is so pretty. I agree anyone would like to stay in that room. I love angels and your collection is wonderful. You find the neatest things at such great prices. Glad you are here sharing all of your decorations with us.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The guest room is always ready so hop on the bus!!
    At Christmas it is the angel room, but the rest of the year, you will be surrounded by golf memorabilia.
    Either way, the bed is really comfy, so come on over.

TTFN,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I love that NIB creche find...that is so SWEET...& perfect for little GD's to arrange! And the gift from DD...the tall white angel w/metal wings is BEAUTIFUL! She would be lovely anywhere in your home...even just by herself...gorgeous! And that close-up of the darling angel on the tree...so warm & sweet.

Yup, that bed does look comfy...maybe that bus will travel thru your area yet! TFS, candy. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, that room is so lovely, and its amazing how you turned a "Golfers Paradise" into an "Angels Retreat"!
    I love every thing you did and impossible to pick a favorite. Tho I must say I'm very taken with those lovely little wall shelves on each side of the wreath. Not only gorgeous, but just right for the angel decor. Do you have a closeup photo of the gold angel tree on the shelf?

The idea of the tule with the little lights is one I need to file away for future use, so pretty. And your big wreath...WOW. The colors in the bedding are definitely
    my style (shhh, I'm not suppose to admit I love burgundy better than purple). And your little Nativity is so precious.

hugs, Karen

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I saw this last night and wondered if you had him in your collection? I think he's really neat.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: golf Santa

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen,
    Thanks for thinking of me. I have his twin. The only difference is mine has the golf bag on the other side and is holding a golf club instead of a flag in the other hand. Their faces, beards, caps, shoes, and plus 4's (knickers) are exactly the same. Mine hangs out in my golf bathroom.
    It is amazing how many golf santas are out there when you look for them. Or in my case, I don't really look for them, they just seem to find me, LOL.

TTFN,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a lovely guest room. Very neat idea the way you used the tulle and lights. That big white angel is gorgeous as are those corner ones. The tree of angel ornaments is neat too, and I agree, that one little angel is just precious. You were very creative in switching this room from a golf theme to an angel theme. Kudos to you, Candy, great job! Luvs

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Ahhhhh beautiful!!! The peeking angel is absolutely adorable!!
    Thank you so much for showing us,
    and blessings to you!
    J

PS: a friend sent me a new angel quote for Christmas...you might like it too:
    "The music of angel wings calms the noise of everyday life"

Sponsored
More Discussions