Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Peacock Table Two

nana2010_gw
10 years ago

I must say I'm having lots of fun trying to post these tables!! GRRRR
There is an extra picture at the bottom of my last post and the edit feature keeps rejecting me... Anywaaay....

Several days after I set the table for one I found the Ceramic Lamp my MIL made and it wanted to be featured....

The little earring holders I used for placecards are courtesy of my friend Jane I have the best friends and they have the neatest things

From 2013-09-27 (by Eye-Fi)

WelI I have a stiff neck and I'm pretty darn grumpy, but at least I finally got these pictures posted. YAY
Nana

This post was edited by nana2010 on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 13:31

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Nana, very impressive peacock table. So glad you shared your lighted peacock with us. Nice of your friend Jane to lend you her lovely earring holders for the place setting cp's.

Love the matching , napkin rings and beaded pm, stems and green place mats. You really pulled all the blues and greens together nicely. I've always liked a blue and green combo. Noticed you have flatware that matches mine too.

Oh and what a beautiful blue tc and you always have flowers. Thanks so much for sharing. It has been so slow on here. Just so happy that our Dear Jeanne is coming along so well. Need to go check up on her and see if she was relesed today.

I still have snowmen all over but that will be changing soon.

Hope you get rid of that stiff neck and start feeling better soon.
    Punk

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Both tables are pretty, but I like #2 best with the peacock place-card/earring holders! Those are too cute and it was so sweet of your neighbor to loan you some of her items for your table.

The big peacock CP and the peacock lamp are wonderful pieces.

I like blue/green combos and the peacock pieces really bring it all together.

You are always so on point with your tables and accessories. It is obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into each tablescape!

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Nana...I liked table #1 very much for its striking color combination, but
    I have to say I Really like this one! The color combination of blue and
    Green with the off white plates really showcase everything beautifully.
    Your DMIL's lamp is lovely and so unusual too ..It reminds me of
    the ceramic Christmas Trees. The place card Peacock earring holder is
    another clever idea of yours.
    What I really enjoy about each of your tables Is how you use different and 'unexpected' accessories ! You make each table fun to look at and Candy is right....each table shows all the thought and effort you put into each one.
    jane

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Nice job on the table, Nana. I often set a table for two. My husband never emotes very much, but I know he likes it when I go to the trouble of finding a few things to make it special.

I 've always wanted the flatware that you and Punk have. Don't know what's stopping me. It's probably not made anymore. It's just so different.

LOVE the place card holders. Nice of her to let you add them to your tablescape. I think they add so much.

Glad someone is posting here. I think I'll try to do something for the Winter Olympics. Haven't figured it out yet. I need to get back to my favorite hobby.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all so much. I really am glad you enjoyed these tables.

I must confess that the tc is a piece of satin I got at Walmart or Hobby Lobby I don't remember which. I got it because it is close to the color of real life peacocks and cheap too.

Thanks Candy and Jane I have to admit seeing the tables here that I like Table two more too.
    I think the contrast of the plates, beaded placemats and green place mats highlights the pieces better.

OA, I'm sure the flat ware is still available. I don't remember the pattern name right now. I got online from Target before all the problems started. maybe Punk can tell you the name.
    I hope you do a table soon a Winter Olympics one would be awesome.

Thank you all again for your sweet words.

I want to thank my friends Jane and Janice who lent me the peacock pieces. They along with Colleen are my biggest enablers.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Nana and OA, the flatware is Hampton Forge Ltd. San Remo. Target online still stocks this set.

OA, I love the idea of a Winter Olympics table. We have a 15-year-old Whitefish native Maggie Voisin that will be heading to Sochi next week to participate in the 2014 Winter Olympics. She is a slopestyle skier and is the youngest member of the U.S. Olympic team. I've already got this going on top of my china cabinet.lol

I'm ready to start thinking about a Valentine ts. I don't have as much for decor so that should make things easier.haha We are still getting alot of snow so I may leave most of my snowmen up for awhile.

Stay safe and warm. Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Ohhhh....so beautiful, nana! TFS! Jeanne S.
    That lamp is so unique, too! A treasure w/history. ;-)

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne, I'm glad you like the table.
    I love the the rich jewel tones of Peacocks.
    I'm glad still have the lamp.
    Although I don't know what happened to the base.
    It must have been broken somewhere along the way. Too bad
    Nana

• Creekbum
    10 years ago

Nana, another great job! You have some Beautiful Decorations! An know just how to arrange them, very Talented!

Sponsored
More Discussions