Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

OA thinking of you

nana2010_gw
10 years ago

I believe you had your surgery on the 27th.
Hoping everything went well.
Nana

Comments (11)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Nana so glad you remembered the date of OA's surgery.
    I pray all went well for her too.
    Thinking of you OA...
    jane

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Hmm, I thought Jane was having surgery next, followed by Jeanne and then OA maybe. Sending prayers up with blessings coming down to all those in need! Hope everyone will let us know when to add your name to the prayer chain.

Punk

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Nana, once again I am so thankful for your thoughtfulness and consideration for our friends here on the forum!! You are so sweet to keep track of us and "remind" the rest of us to send wishes or T & P's when needed.

T & P's for all of our members who are facing life's trials!!

As Tiny Tim said "God Bless Us, Everyone!"

Candy

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thank you, nana...sending prayers, OA ~~ Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Yep. Had my surgery on the 27th. Thanks for remembering and acknowledging it. It was relatively painless. I am recovering from this first step rather fast, I think. Still no word on the lymph nodes lab results, which worry me, as you might expect. But I have had many cards and LOTS of food for the family. And a zillion texts since I went in. This is the first I have checked back here in a few days, so just got to this tonight.

I am remaining hopeful, as I know a good attitude is important. I am sort of having this out of body experience, and sometimes feel as though I'm watching myself go through this - that it's not really me that has breast cancer. Silly, huh?? I suppose I'm in for a rude awaking if and when I have to go through chemo, but right now, it is just weird.

Another silly fact - I had NO IDEA that I'd miss "the girls" like I do. Always had tiny ones, so thought that it wouldn't feel so different - but it DOES! Well, that's probably more than you wanted to know.

Happy New YEar to everyone and thank you for your kind notes to me. In my saddest moments, they do make me feel as though I'm not going through this all alone.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Oh...so good to hear from you so quickly, OA!
    Here's to as quick a recovery as possible ...
    keeping you in good thought & prayer.
    and always will be sending you 'gentle' hugs ... you may not only feel them but you may see them in your 'out of body' experience. ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Well, as usual, I am the cow's tail. I am so sorry that you've had to go through so much OA, but am very happy that it's done and you're doing so well. Know it must be a huge adjustment...I can only imagine, but hope you know that you're thought of, prayed for and wished the best of recoveries.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Well OA, guess I didn't know you was having surgery on the 27th! So glad that it's over and your feeling better except for the out of body experiences. I''m thinking any feeling could surface at this time. Will send prayers that the outcome of the tests is exactly what all of us are hoping for.

Made me LOL your missing the girls! We all know even little girls are missed! This so reminds me of what I say to DGD when shes been in the bathroom a long time. I ask if she's in there dumping the girls off at the pool.

Nana, so glad you knew about OA's surgery and sent out a message! You can move to the front of class now!

Punk

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

OA, I still miss my original parts a bit, but I did immediate reconstruction with expanders and later, implants, so I wasn't flat for long. I also went through chemo and radiation, so I have some experience. If you have any questions, feel free to email me through GW. I'll keep you in my T's & P's.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

OA glad you got thru surgery okay...
    Along with so many others who care about you...
    I'm Sending Prayers your way for a gentle and full recovery....
    I've always viewed you as a very strong 'can do' woman...
    ... continue to stay positive ... you will get through this!
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OA, I'm glad you doing well since your surgery.
    I think it is common to miss "the girls" after having a mastectomy.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions