Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

January Winter Decor

jeannespines
11 years ago

Put away Nativities & Santa's & left out the snowmen for the cold months of Jan til March 20th ...the 1st day of Spring...oh boy, we're ready for change by then altho there can still be 'blizzards!' ;-)

Here's a glitzy twig/vine star from Pier I 75% after Christmas sale I put on my porch ... $4 bargain..

I bought this Lefton 1997 Snowman at a thrift shopping early in 2012 ...musical but the wind-up was 'stuck'...DH took it apart & fixed it ...it's in this 'conservatory' or glass cage that I got this Fall on a road trip w/friends for $10 ...added faux snowflakes & glass ornaments:

I think I may have been 'enabled' by Purplemoon on this Lennox snowman (?) .... anyway, I loved the gold accents & bird & birdhouse!

Photobucket is stalling on me ...so I'll quit here & add to this post. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

This post was edited by jeannespines on Mon, Jan 7, 13 at 12:47

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Anyone collect 'Rowe' pottery? I have a few pcs I've collected over the yrs & was to happy to buy this $10 Rowe 'Pinewood' Dinner plate @consignment shop last week! I added it to my Old Door cabinet on the porch for now...but it will be used later in my kitchen!

Here's another view:

And a full view:

Gotta enjoy the Winter holidays, too! Here's a link that tells a bit about Rowe Pottery ... lots of salt glazed pottery designs! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rowe Pottery

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

I always enjoy looking at your decor, Jeanne.
    You make everything look so warm and cozy even when it's cold outside.
    I love the display with the Lennox snowman.
    And the reading snowman is always a favorite.
    Thanks for the information on Rowe pottery.
    Nana

This post was edited by nana2010 on Mon, Jan 7, 13 at 16:59

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

You certainly are energetic getting all the Santas and etc. put away already!
    I'm working at it slowly as I am really not in any hurry to take it all down, LOL

It makes me sad to put it away, but leaving out some snowmen and other items does help a bit. I've also hit several clearance sales so adding to the "stuff" I already had to put away, LOL

That door cupboard is so fab and I love what you have done with it this time too!!
    I especially like the candle/bird display on the lower shelf!! (I think I've told you that before, but I am just reiterating what I said!)

How about getting on the bus and coming to help me get mine put away? I wouldn't mind it so much if it was a "putting away" party!

Just lovely,
    TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jeanne, you've found some awesome things. Your new twig star looks great
    above your love seat. I'm thinking I might consider wicker furniture for our
    deck next summer. The Lefton Snowman, cage, gold birds and balls are a
    winning combo, lady.

Love the Rowe pottery. Don't believe I have any but know what to look for now.LOL
    You have a great way of decorating. Your place is so warm and inviting. We are lucky
    to be able to enjoy your style you share and you are lucky to have the talent of putting
    unique things together. If I ever come across a door like that I hope I think to grab it!

Always fun to see what your sharing.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers ...

We're having a Jan 'thaw' lately but my snowmen are staying 'cold' enough to 'stick around!' ;-)

Here's the chenille one I moved to the buffet now ... to keep Dollbaby company this month: (pic taken last night)

Happy Winter! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Love your new snowman AND your conservatory! Very nice! Your Rowe pottery is beautiful too! That was quite the bargain on the winter star...good score!

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jeanne, your buffet looks lovely. Has your chenille
    snowie always held that little girl? Love your birds
    and bowl. I need to get caught up so I can bring out
    some more winter icy branches and such.

It warmed up to 50 here today so alot of our snow
    melted. We've had such a weird winter. My only hope
    is that if it gets cold again we have enough snow
    cover to save the trees.

Punk

• party_music50
    11 years ago

All beautiful, Jeanne. I love your Rowe pottery! I've never heard of Rowe... now I will have to research it. :)

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't have all the decorations down and put away. We were supposed to have a January thaw here this week too, but it isn't happening as they predicted. We need the sun to help it along!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks!

Yes, punk, I've had that chenille snowman awhile & I think our Purplemoon here has that same 'doll' that the snowman holds! She has hers in a cloche, I think ...funny how we find many of us share the same decor...love it!

party .. Rowe pottery has been around since 1975 I guess ... I have a couple crocks & a vase & my fave pattern is this Pinewood one (jeannespines, ya know!) ... I would buy a new piece once a year sometimes. Great deal on the $10 plate (microwave & dishwasher safe, too) ...because I see it's $29 on their website!

I have 2 lighted trees up yet...the porch & of course, the vine tree which will get some red birds in Feb. & a little bling! Love your vine trees & extra special because you made it! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions