Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Country T'scape in the Wintery cold!

jeannespines
12 years ago

Jane motivated me last night w/her 'Winter mantle' ...so I am slowly putting more 'Wintery' things away in anticipation of Val Day & 1st day of Spring in March! It's very cold, snowy & windy here ...so my porch snowmen/ladies are very happy out there yet!

I used a braided rug runner for the centerpc & added some of my fav Winter items from shelf in the living room. You've seen the bird 'waterer' before on my buffet...a candle...perfect for these tiny silver birds!

The felted bird jar candle was created by a very good friend...she is so talented!

Here's a close-up of the felted work!

You may have noticed that 'star' behind the candle...yup, I moved the new 'old barnwood' birdhouse that DH made recently that will go outside in the Spring...I moved it in for this t'scape from the porch table:

For placesettings I used my newest Sonoma 'American Heritage' dinnerplate & red bowls that I got this past summer. The 'snowflake' salad plates are 'Home' & I've had them a couple yrs from clearance after Christmas. Flatware is my Christmas gift I picked out a yr ago ...everyday silverware. And snowflake cup, a gift from my sis a couple yrs ago, too!

Silver snowflake napkin rings I use w/my Pfaltzgraff 'Winterfrost' dishes usually:

And a full view of my 'Country Winter' t'scape:

Brrrr...stay warm & TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (9)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Lovely Jeanne!
    So glad I motivated you...but you and Punk seem be doing all the motivating lately!
    Now I think this TS should 'motivate' some of us to do the same!! lol

This TS is such a cozy setting. I love that you added the birdhouse DH made along with all your favorite Wintery things. Love the little silvery birds and the deer with the book behind...Perfect! Your friend's felted candleholder is different and lovely - yes she's very talented.
    Great layering with the Sonoma 'American Heritage' dinnerplate & red bowls and the Silver snowflake napkin rings and red napkins tucked inside the bowls, is such a nice touch.
    Love your woven vine tree tucked in the corner which adds to the lovely cozy setting. I'm sorry I never got to make one for myself..but still have the thought 'tucked away' in the back of my mind!
    This was so nice to see on a cold wintery day. It really warms your heart and speaks 'Welcome Home'!

What time is dinner? Are we having a 'hearty stew'?
    I can bake some bread to go with it! :)
    I'll round up the gang...and oh - you'll need to add some more placesettings!!

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Jane's post said everything I was thinking as I enjoyed your Country T'scape in the Wintery cold except maybe telling you once more how adorable your chinneil snowman is. Thanks for leaving something for me Jane.LOL

This really is a warm setting and so beautifully set. I'm ready to jump on the bus and head your way. I'm thinking about making stew or chicken noodle soup for tomorrow. So nice to come home to dinner waiting.

We are having the same weather. It snowed 6" today and still snowing.YIKES! Roads were horrible tonight coming home. Why I don't like MT.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Once again, not much I can say since Jane did such a good job of expressing my feelings! ;o)

This is a really beautiful setting. I have to tell you, I'd never let that birdhouse out the door! LOL. Its so pretty and such a great decorating piece INSIDE. I love it. Your vine tree adds the perfect backdrop!

I kind of wish Valentine's wasn't so close...NO, make that I REALLY wish it wasn't. I'm loving the winter decor some of you have done and don't want it to go away soon! Plus I love birds and birdhouses and such a LOT more than Val decos. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks jane, punk & purplemoon! It was fun to do this table! & gosh, make sure there's plenty of 'anti-freeze' in the bus...cause it's darn cold here in IA ... high of maybe 5 tomorrow ...brrrr! But if you get it going, I'd love some homemade bread ...& the soup will be hot! LOL! & remember, I've got 8 place settings for the new 'American Heritage' ...I'm sure we won't run out of dishes around here! Tee hee! But I don't think Karen will be able to handle the weather here...have to keep you in front of the fireplace instead of at the table! ;-)

Snow is supposed to start again tomorrow late & thru Fri. So stay safe (driving), punk...Fri we'll just stick around home! Thanks, Holiday-ers! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Looks so inviting and warm! Now all you need is a nice, hot soup or stew and you're set! Love the entire tablescape...birdhouse, deer, felt jar, and bird waterer! Great job~

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Fabulous! Ditto to what everybody else said!!
    You are inspiring me. I have to get going, but am still putting away Christmas!! I got rather behind with being gone after Christmas and then several funerals/memorial service for a friend, almost a relative, a former neighbor's daughter, and a different former neighbor's son.

Lovin the sound of the soup and homemade bread. Unfortunately, I don't know where the bus stop is or the bus number, : ( LOL

I'll get with the program soon, I promise!
    TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Candy, sounds like things have been a bit rough with all those funerals. Sad way to start a new year.
    As for the bus, no number and no bus stops...Janie comes right to your door with it. LOL, you can't miss it!

Jeanne, 5 degrees? You're right, I'd not leave the cosy fireplace. Its 70 degrees warmer here! My favorite time of year in Phoenix.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the 'smiles,' Holiday=ers!!! Love that bus!!! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Just wonderful, Jeanne.
    Winter has settled in here too. We had a little snow last night and more expected tonight.
    I'll be on the bus with everyone else. Can't wait to see your Mantel and Table in person. It looks so warm and cozy! I'll bring dessert.
    Nana

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions