Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Valentine's Day ... coming up soon!

jeannespines
12 years ago

As I was changing Dollbaby's outfit yesterday & tray'scape, I thought about how quickly the Christmas season has passed & soon it will be Valentine's Day! So I just browsed the Holiday Inspiration Album & enjoyed the Valentine pics that Karen (aka, purplemoon) creates for us!

Got any new ideas for Valentine decor? I want to use more 'cloches' & have picked up some this past yr...thrift shopping! Enjoy! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday Inspiration Album - Valentine Pics

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

And here's the Cloche & Apothecary Decorating link, too...so many cool ideas! Thinking for Valentine's Day! Enjoy! Jeanne S. (thanks, purplemoon!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday Inspiration Album - Cloche & Apothecary Decor

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I know, I thought about that too. Mainly because I was going to change out my Christmas flags with wintery ones, but it has been 60+ degrees here for the past four days! It just seems wrong to put up snowman flags when it's that warm. I've got to look through the albums again....they make me smile.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

I have to get working on changing everything out. We just got home Monday evening and I had to work Tues., Wed., and Thurs. laundry on Friday and had DH's youngest DGD yesterday, so I am way behind on putting away Christmas although I did get most of the outside decor down.

So...I haven't had a chance to think about Valentine's Day yet, but you have given me a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, this was fun to browse again. I found 4 of the little dessert cloches at Ross after Christmas. I will have to see what I have that fits and play when I have time.

I spent most of the day with a DF but did get my New Years decor put away. We have snow again so sat my table, buffet and hutch w/snowflakes.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, thanks for posting the reminder. I'm always glad to see folks enjoying our albums.

I'm still a "decorating mess". Darn, I had so hoped that would end with 2011 and not carry over. I just don't seem to know what the heck I'm doing any more! Had planned to put away Christmas and leave out winter decor thru Feb, and add in Valentine's then. But I've procrastinated and still don't have all the Christmas packed up!! Its piled in my study. UGH! I got so frustrated with myself I lost interest in doing anything much for winter. Now I've got to see if I do Valentine's this year, or if I'm going to miss it two in a row! ;o( Looking at the photos in our albums and noting things I'd like to do SHOULD be inspiration enough to get me going. Tho I have a feeling its going to take a swift kick in the butt instead. LOL

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks for the reminder of the Holidays album, Jeanne
    I love them and I thank Karen for doing them.
    My Christmas decs are slowly coming down.
    My trees are always up until Russian Christmas [Jan. 7th] and The Feast of the Epiphany [Jan 8th].
    It will take me the best part of the week to get everything down and put away.
    Awww, Karen consider this a 'swift kick in the butt'.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Purplemoon, may Cupid swipe you with an arrow ...& you find your 'love' for decorating for Val Day!

I'm searching for those 'old card' wreaths .... I don't have enough old cards & to buy/& or print them would make it very expensive, I think. I'll post this idea separate so may get feedback if anyone has other ideas (since this post is probably getting 'old' now) ;-) Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

LOL, thanks Nana and Jeanne...appreciate any "help" I can get these days!

;o)

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

I have company coming in this weekend and when they leave early Wednesday morning I will kick into full gear getting the rest of Christmas down (left the living room and master bedroom in tact as my niece wanted to see those rooms still decorated). I have been over to the albums and also getting ideas off Pinterest. Not sure how much well get decorated for Valentines because we are going to be redoing the living room once it gets de-Christmas but I may have a week or so to do something. I will however certainly enjoy seeing what others do :) .....

Lynne

• steve_k
    12 years ago

Hi,
    I found this new site that has free printable Valentines cards. Not a lot there yet, but what they do have are very classy and the sentiments are knock-my-socks-off ROMANTIC!! :) Worth checking out link below if you want to print your own valentines at home.

23 days and counting...Happy Valentines Day!

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Printable Greeting Cards, Invitations and e-Cards

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus
More Discussions