Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

A story to share

luvstocraft
9 years ago

This past year I found these plates while "treasure shopping".

Comments (15)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I know some of you like to know details about dishes. I found it interesting that they are not identical but obviously go together. Here's one.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Not sure why the first picture turned upside down? I'll try the 2nd one.

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Oh my, luvs ..... perfect .... just love the snowman centerpc!!!! Love the snowman cloches, too! & those plates .... so wintery! The lace t'cloth is beautiful for this t'scape. Thanks, luvs .... yes, your neighbor & you were certainly on the same wave lengths ...or should I say 'snow waves!' ;-) ~~Jeanne

• woodrose
    9 years ago

Your neighbor sounds like a gem, and you did a great job putting everything together - perfect in my opinion !

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

Your table is beautiful!! Perfect for winter. Your lace table cloth caught my eye. As I put out my snowmen I add my grand mother's doilies. They look like snowflakes to me. I think they are the perfect addition, and I have a lace mantle scarf that was a gift, probably meant for Christmas but I use it in January. Looks like dripping snow and ice to my eye.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for your sweet comments ladies. This table looks pretty bare compared to the ones I see on the blogs I'm afraid, but it still made me smile so that's what is important.

Arcy, this is the first time I've decorated for Winter. Always thought about it but gave in to the urge to just get everything all packed up and away. I'm glad to hear others also like to leave out a few snowmen and do some winter scapes.

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Awh Your table is so sweet Luvs It makes me smile too.
    It is perfect for winter!
    I love your plates and the snowmen from your neighbor.
    I agree with Arcy the tc reminds me of snowflakes also.
    Thanks for sharing
    Nana

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

I finally got around to taking a picture of my fireplace..wouldn't ya know DH set a fire five minutes later!!

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

We don't have a lot of snow outside--but I have A LOT of snow(men) inside.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That lace scarf on your mantel is perfect to go with snowmen. What cute little guys under the table, that was a perfect way to use them! I love snowmen, I think it's those cute happy faces that make me smile when I see them.

Nana, after seeing all the wonderful tables on the blogs, mine seem rather "ordinary" I'm afraid, but it's fun and I enjoy getting to use and enjoy my items.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Luvs, I love your new dishes. So perfect for your winter table!
    How sweet of your neighbor to share at the perfect time. They
    Just top it off!

Arcy, you do have a lot of neat Snowies! Love your fireplace and I'm
    Sure it's even prettier with the fire burning!

This is so fun to see all the posts tonight! TFS

Punk

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

Luvs, seeing you do a table setting again made my heart smile! All the blue with your snowmen is perfect.

Arcy, those snowmen under your table are just delightful. I've never seen anything like them. They would make anybody feel happy with those sweet faces.

• yachter123
    9 years ago

Luvs, I have a Young friend who lost her husband ( very unexpected ) and she hadn't decorated for quite a few years. ( no children either ) so she's all alone.

I kind of pushed her to do a little decor, I told her it would brighten her day when she wakes up each day & sees it. Well, she did this year & was so happy, she posted pics on facebook & said it was "time" and that each day it made her feel good.

Sometimes we just have to do for ourselves no matter if anyone else ever sees it. I'm glad you're getting back into it too.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey Yachter, so good to see you back on here too! Hope you and the family are all doing well.

So glad you encouraged your friend, and it is true that we all just need to do things that make us smile and feel a bit better. Of course being able to share pics and stories here with friends increases the enjoyment and makes it worth the effort.

Don't be a stranger, come back and chat more.

Luvs