Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjeanmc_gw

2011 Apothecary Jar/Cloche Pics

nancyjeanmc
13 years ago

Ok, new Cloche thread. Going to try and add a picture.

[

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Apothecary Jar/Cloche Pics link

Comments (29)

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I guess this may qualify as a cloche - this is my version of 'Over the river and through the woods' done in my little yard sale greenhouse .....

Lynne

• nancyjeanmc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think that actually is a cloche. For plants. Isn't it?
    I love it...where did you find it? Do you change it up for different holidays?
    Nancy

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

My husband spotted it a church yard sale that we went to this fall for $3.00 - I was a happy camper when he carried it over to me and said 'I think you might want this' :) - yes I do change it seasonally. I have Valentines Day figured out just need to decide what to do between now and then. I want to do a different scene each month.

Yes I think the original use was for plants. I may put an African violet in it one month - maybe May .....

Lynne

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Cute Snowman Cloche Nancy..
    Perfect timing for Snowmen too.
    I like the jar you used, and now you have me looking at ALL glass enclosures with a different eye!!

Lynne...I remember when your DH found that wonderful treasure...we ALL had serious Envy over it too. I love the idea that you will be changing it out each month...That will take some heavy planning..and collecting for it too! I love the theme you have going in there now.
    How about a Winter 'Ice Skating' theme with a mirror pond and skaters? Gee with the size of it, there are endless possibilites.

I've posted below, two that I did this Christmas and one new one..

This is the New One..
    I bought two figures at CTS this Christmas...one was a Skater and the other is this Skier that I used here.

This was the Cloche I had on my Kitchen Counter..

This was in the LR..

Thanks for starting this Nancy...I love looking at what everyone does with Cloches..and will be looking forward to seeing what shows up here.

jane

• nancyjeanmc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So sweet. The top two look as if they could be snow globes.
    The "jar" I used was from an old store. I got it years ago, and usually bring it out at Christmas and fill it with candy, but this thread (the older one) got me rummaging through my things. I love this idea and can't wait to change it for Valentine's Day. And Easter. And Memorial Day. And first day at the beach. And...
    I better find more jars. And glassware. (I love your bottom one.)
    This is my new favorite obsession. This and tablescapes, but they'll take a bit longer to collect things for setting the table. Instant gratification with the cloches.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Here's my first and it's so me, right Jane?lol

Love seeing all your cloches and I will try to improve as the years go by.ha

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Love it Punk! ...it's so YOU! hehehe
    So adorable and cute @@

jane

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Everyone's post are so pretty, I just had to give it a go. It's kind of simple and may not be up to y'all's high standard, but maybe "cloche" enough.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Need a bigger pic, frou! It looks darling from what I can see...polar bear, tree ...& that pedestal plate....dazzling!

Yes, punk, cute@@

jane...I am lovin' figurines used in your cloches...just as I did Purplemoon's in her bath.

lynnenc...what a steal...I remember seeing this ...& what fun you're having with it! Lookin' forward to seeing the changes thru-out the yr!

nancy...those sparkling snowmen are just the cutest! Thanks for starting out the 2011 thread! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm having the worst time with my new computer and photobucket. In my first post the pic was giant, so I kept trying to size it smaller, on the preview it looked fine. Anyhoo, I'm trying again.
    Frou

• nancyjeanmc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am so happy you expanded the picture. I love it. And I want that cake plate.

• nancyjeanmc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A star maybe? A butterfly would be too summery. I got it ... a pillow so he can go back to hibernation. ;)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Perfect, frou! And it's hugging a tree trunk ...ahhhhh, with a pinecone for the tree! So sweet! And also lovin' your cake pedestal! But I am coveting an apothecary like that! Thanks! Jeanne s.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Oh, what a sweet little bear. Glad you posted again. The cake plate is wonderful!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Frou...I agree, so glad you posted your picture again.
    This is so sweet. Your bear reminds me of the Polar Bears I used to see, when I was a kid, that swam at the Bronx Zoo. The color of your pretty cake plate resembles the water they swam in! It's such a lovely color.

jane

• txcountrygal
    12 years ago

Not super creative, but my cloche right now is inhabited by a hen sitting on green moss! LOL!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

txcountry...that is the CUTEST! Very Springy! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Welcome to the forum, Texascountrygal. That's a really cute little chicken in your cloche. I just love seeing how everyone decorates them. I only have one little one that I keep my little acorn guy in--need to find a big one someday maybe so I can play too. Hope you will come back and share more with us.

Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Welcome txcountrygal!
    How nice to see this thread 'revived' again...
    Love your 'Chubby Hen' cloche!
    Looks like she's getting ready to lay some eggs...lol
    Like Luvs said...hope to see you again..

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Hi and welcome to the gang. We love cloches, and photos of any kind of decor.
    and I love fat lil' critters like your hen. They always make me smile.

I haven't gotten my cloche decorated again since I packed the Easter stuff away. I'll take a photo when I do tho.

We have a bunch of inspiration albums, and one of them is full of cloches and jars. Here's the link. You can access our other albums from it if you want.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: our inspiration cloche album

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Love all of everybodys cloches, but didn't have one myself. I had one large one like in Nancy Jeanes 1st picture, but I have used it for years to store my flour in,, think I copied that from Paula Dean. Yesterday at GW I lucked out. I found a large cloche complete with a pewter base, little glittered Church? and 2 bottle brush trees for... ta da... $2.50. It had the tag still on the bottom of the base *Walmaet $21.97*. How good was that? I can't wait to find something to use in it to use for Memorial Day. I also found 3 clear glass candle holders to use tapers or pillers in for $2.00. I went to Michaels this evening to get paint to finish a couple of little projects and found the same candle holders , Small @ 4.95 , med @ 6.95 and large @ 7.95. They had some melted wax on them, but I can do a lot of cleaning for for the difference of
    $20. Maybe this was just what I needed to get me out of the blahs I been in for the past few months. Janet

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

WOW Janet, what a great score on that cloche! That is fantastic, and I think you'll have some future fun decorating it for the holidays and seasons. Here's hoping it brightens your days some, you deserve it.

I sure love decorating mine... so much so that I told the kids if I ever went to a nursing home my cloche and decorations for it go with me.
    LOL.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Janet...I agree with Karen..great score on the cloche..AND
    your other goodies too!
    I think you'll enjoy decorating your cloche and
    also have fun when you're out and about,
    looking for things to put inside them.
    Now we'll be looking forward to seeing yours here..
    ((hugs)) your way..

jane

• txcountrygal
    12 years ago

Thank you all for the warm welcome! When I saw this thread on cloches, I couldn't resist jumping right in! :)
    I got mine at TJ Maxx last year and it was less than $20 - base and all. I was so thrilled and excited after seeing all the neat decorating ideas on this forum. You all are so very creative!

The fat hen came from Lowe's a few years ago.

I would love to decorate it for each season or occasion and will glean ideas from you all.

Karen - I appreciate that you shared the link ... I'm going to check it out now. :)

Thanks again for welcoming me! :)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

I'm a little late for the party but Welcome Txcountry gal! Love your new cloche with the little hen sitting on the moss. Looks great. Hope you will continue to post here with us.

Janet, woohoo! So happy for you and your finds. Will be looking forward to seeing pictures of your large cloche and candle holders. They sound wonderful!!!

I use hot soapy water to remove the wax from my candle holders. After sitting in the water for awhile, the wax slips right out.

Been thinking about alot of you lately. Sending more thoughts and prayers to all of you in need.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Janet, what a fantastic bargain find! And your candle holders--bet that made you like them even more when you saw what they originally sold for! You will have lots of fun finding things to display in your new cloche for the seasons. Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Welcome txcountrygal,
    Thanks for sharing your "chubby hen" she looks quite content. There so many many talented people here. I'm sure you will be inspired.
    Can't wait to see what you do next.
    NanaK

• neesie
    12 years ago

I was shopping at Marshall's last night and an apothercary jar actually called to me! I was sure it was going to be expensive but it was only 9.99, so what a no-brainer!

Naturally I did a search on the Holiday thread and looked through Purple Moons inspiration album and now have lots and lots of ideas. My daughter will be getting married next September and had thought about putting a "rememberance boquet" on a table to honor her Grandpa and Grandma who were such a big part of her life. I think between now and next September I could find some trinkets, pearl necklace, dried rose buds, etc. surrounding a photo of her grandparents for the jar. And then maybe a framed sentiment about how they are with us at the wedding in spirit. Just ideas for now, but thanks to Garden Web and Purple Moon for the inspiration!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Neesie, your idea for the wedding sound so lovely and special. I've very happy you found inspiration here. And sounds like you got a great buy on one. You'll enjoy decorating it, I've always felt those things are a lot of bang for a little buck!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz
More Discussions